Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-23-2011, 08:46 AM

50,590 posts, read 64,625,595 times

Advertisements

I make myself list the things I'm thankful for when I am worried about the things in my life that I cannot control.
The things can be small or large..everything from the smell of clean sheets and a comfortable bed, to good health. It really helps keep the dark thoughts in perspective.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-23-2011, 02:05 PM

3,988 posts, read 2,598,790 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sun queen View Post
I just want to join in on being thankful today. Not because things are perfect or because they could be so much worse, but Just Because I'd rather be found thankful than not
Quote:
Originally Posted by tet tea View Post
I got sick last year and almost died. It was a big wake up call for me. Believe it or not... I am thankful that it happened. I have a whole new outlook on life. I know some days I get a bit down in the dumps, but a swift kick in my rear gets me on the up again!
Quote:
Originally Posted by gentlearts View Post
I make myself list the things I'm thankful for when I am worried about the things in my life that I cannot control.
The things can be small or large..everything from the smell of clean sheets and a comfortable bed, to good health. It really helps keep the dark thoughts in perspective.
Thanks everyone! Keep em coming. One thought about all of the posts...

Old 05-23-2011, 09:58 PM

10,228 posts, read 16,366,298 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Falafel. View Post
I'm thankful that ---

I don't live in a third world hellhole (yet?)
I'm surrounded by good people who love me and i feel the same for
my dad gives me money for rent and food and a lot of other stuff
aside from OCD, i don't have any major health issues
i live on a beautiful planet with lots of things to see and experience
Y'know, Falafel, I'm grateful to not live in 3rd World "hellhole", too!

Old 05-23-2011, 11:38 PM

4,486 posts, read 5,245,979 times
Such a good attitude Wild Flower!

When I was 7 1/2 months pregnant with my daughter I swear there was a moment of divine intervention. I was scheduled for my regular check up on Friday. On Thursday morning the doctor's office called and asked if I could come in around 1 that afternoon. I wasn't doing anything so I agreed.

During the visit it was discovered that my blood pressure was a little high so I was sent over to the hospital for a non-stress test. About 30 minutes into the test, my placenta abrupted. I was in the OR within a minute for a c-section and gave birth to a beautiful baby girl. Had it not been for that last minute appointment change neither of us would have survived.

My baby girl is now 26, married, a mother and a nursing student! I went on to have 4 more after her.

Old 05-24-2011, 01:55 AM

7,507 posts, read 4,419,319 times
That is something to be thankful for! I am thankful that I am in Thailand, getting the opportunity to learn how to teach. Love the kids! Very cheerful, bright, and jolly.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics