Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-22-2011, 02:53 PM

3,988 posts, read 2,600,356 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sun queen View Post
Wild Flower, I think it is so beautiful to declare being thankful and appreciating the blessings u have. I know it would be better IF... but it is good to have an attitude of gratitude so when things are better U know... It's all good. Hang in there Wild Flower this is just a passing season for u
Thanks sun queen. Attitude of gratitude, yes. Sometimes that is hard to hold on to... but it is always there waiting for us to remember.

Quote:
Originally Posted by satx56 View Post
Great attitude Wild Flower good for you! I wish you the best of luck and fortune in your future. I hope you get where you want to be and enjoy it all!
Thanks Satx56. Ahhhhh, the ever elusive future. And getting to where I want to be... it'd help if I knew where that was! LoL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cunucu Beach View Post
One of the tenets I live by......and I stated this on this forum many months back......is:

"Take time every week or so to find something NEW to be thankful for."

Sincere gratitude is a wonderful and uplifting experience.
That is good advice! Thanks for sharing Cunucu Beach. Sometimes it is the little things that make us happy.
Quote:
Originally Posted by taigagirl View Post
Your story is a wonderful one, about hope and courage in the face of adversity. You do need to take care of you, and it sounds like you have such a wonderful perspective on life. I hope things get easier for you, Wild Flower. You truly deserve the best.
I appreciate the encouragement, taigagirl. I hope to write my story. One of my friends (and a former boss) said that I have the greatest perseverance. Sometimes it is tiring though. But I keep going...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluesmama View Post
This was a long time ago. I was searching for a job and riding mass-transit a lot. We were struggling during that period because back then unemployment checks weren't much.

While waiting for the bus one morning I noticed a colorful "card" lying on the ground, so I picked it up and was jazzed to see that it was a monthly transit pass that someone had dropped. It was mid-month, so I got a lot of use for it, and it helped me immensely.
Yeah- to found gifts. One time, on a snowy night, I lost a bus card/ 10-ride ticket. It was dark, the wind blew it right out of my hands as the bus came up. I was lucky- my bus driver gave me a free ride home, including a transfer. Made losing it a little better (OKAY a lot better than being stranded miles away from home on a snowy night!)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-22-2011, 03:05 PM

1,014 posts, read 1,574,128 times
Good to read an uplifting revelation!

Old 05-22-2011, 03:15 PM

Another story- another thing to be thankful for.

I was at the laundry mat today and started talking with a mother and her daughter, Taina. Taina is 9 years old and she joined me, reading some of the threads in the game room. (You might have seen her answers in Give me five... ) She was so sweet, sharing pictures of her FIVE brothers and sisters on her mom's cell phone- she is the oldest! We chatted for about 45 minutes. It was nice chatting with her, since I don't have kids of mine own. And she probably liked having someone share with her- since all of her siblings are much younger. win- win

These small moments... still remain... we only remember how we feel...

** From the song Small Moments by Rob Thomas ...see below for the beginning of the song and click on the link for the rest of the lyrics.
I love the part of... let your clarity define you...

ROB THOMAS - LITTLE WONDER LYRICS

Let it go
Let it roll right off your shoulder
Don't you know
The hardest part is over
Let it in
Let your clarity define you
In the end
We will only just remember how it feels

(Sorry, I don't know how to embed a Utube video of the song.)

Old 05-22-2011, 04:02 PM

10,228 posts, read 16,371,766 times
I do have another story, one with deeper meaning, actually. This, too, was a long time ago.

I was having personal crisis with my daughter at the time. I'd made a life-changing decision for the family and, though it was a good one, it left me very drained and depressed.

One morning I was walking along the street to work and I noticed a white van ahead of me pull over. A man in a white shirt got out and went to the back of the van. I watched him pull out a big bundle of the most gorgeous lavendar roses I'd ever seen, and he turned towards me and laid them on the ground. "They're for you," he said, "We give them away randomly, and I hope you enjoy them." I'm sure I looked surprised but I managed to thank him before he got into his van and left.

Those were seriously the largest, most fragrant lavendar roses I'd ever seen (lavendar ones are my favorite, oddly enough). I watched the van circle around the parking lot ahead to go the other direction. Then I just sat on the curb and cried. It was something I needed at the right time.

The man had a strangely ethereal look about him, and I've always felt that I was visited by an angel.

Old 05-22-2011, 04:19 PM

Awwe, Bluesmama,

That is a sweet story. I can understand your emotions. Thanks for sharing.

Old 05-22-2011, 04:39 PM

14,810 posts, read 16,268,963 times
I got goose bumps reading your story, Bluesmama. Beautiful,.

Old 05-22-2011, 05:21 PM

8,039 posts, read 4,530,702 times
Oh gosh reading all of your stories is so uplifting. As I look back at all the stuff in my life the thing that comes to mind is my trek from NM to MO. I had just gotten my DL and a divorce in the same week. So myself and my little dog packed the car with all my worldly goods and off we went. Never, ever had I driven that far and by myself. I was young and fearless. I got to MO. and got totally lost when I got to the town my grandparents lived I was to stay with them until I got on my feet. It was the middle of the night I had no clue which way to go as they lived in the Ozarks in the back country. I somehow, someway found their house. I am convinced that God, angels or both guided me to the right place. I knew then at that precise moment that I was where I was supposed to be at that time. I have always since then reminded myself when things look a bit bleak<and believe me there have been many>that I am where I am supposed to be at that moment for a reason and "this to shall pass".

Old 05-22-2011, 05:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tookey View Post
....I have always since then reminded myself when things look a bit bleak<and believe me there have been many>that I am where I am supposed to be at that moment for a reason and "this to shall pass".
Yes!

I have had moments like that too. There have been times when I was feeling lost in my life, and I am trying to find a location or business and I make a wrong turn and that feeling- where AM I?? comes up. It has helped me process what is going on in my life.

I am glad you had your grandparents to turn to.

Old 05-23-2011, 08:13 AM

25,080 posts, read 16,383,915 times
I just want to join in on being thankful today. Not because things are perfect or because they could be so much worse, but Just Because I'd rather be found thankful than not

Old 05-23-2011, 08:18 AM

4,279 posts, read 10,388,330 times
I got sick last year and almost died. It was a big wake up call for me. Believe it or not... I am thankful that it happened. I have a whole new outlook on life. I know some days I get a bit down in the dumps, but a swift kick in my rear gets me on the up again!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics