Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-21-2011, 11:30 AM

31,304 posts, read 32,886,517 times

Advertisements

If private individuals, companies or corporations advertise to the public at large or even individually “wrongful information” they can be held liable for the scam, charge with fraud, and required to make restitution. I wonder if anyone who contributed and donated their entire life’s savings to this man would be able to recover anything? And will their be any charges of crime imposed on Mr Camping? A scam is a scam.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-21-2011, 01:16 PM

8,003 posts, read 11,725,989 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AksarbeN View Post
If private individuals, companies or corporations advertise to the public at large or even individually “wrongful information” they can be held liable for the scam, charge with fraud, and required to make restitution. I wonder if anyone who contributed and donated their entire life’s savings to this man would be able to recover anything? And will their be any charges of crime imposed on Mr Camping? A scam is a scam.
Wouldn't you think so Aks? I would think that since this guy pulled the same kind of shenanigan in 1994, people would know better than to fall for it again. I said, "if it ends, then it ends"...I'm sure as heck not going into a tizzy and changing any of my plans over it. Tomorrow....we'll hear, "The man is delusional." "Oops, got those numbers screwed up AGAIN!" "Am I dead yet?..IS this the other place? Damn, it looks just like the old one!"

Old 05-21-2011, 01:26 PM

39,031 posts, read 23,023,210 times
Those who read and believe in the Bible knew that the world wasn't ending today as it tells us that know one knows the hour or the day when Jesus returns...

Old 05-21-2011, 01:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chatteress View Post
Those who read and believe in the Bible knew that the world wasn't ending today as it tells us that know one knows the hour or the day when Jesus returns...
Yes Chatt...as soon as my daughter told me, read what was going around the Internet....and that it was a "Christian" minister who had propagated the "act of terror"....and furthermore was making statements of WHEN it was going to happen and WHO would be leaving and staying behind, all I could say was, "Hmmm, you have to be a Christian?...and being a Christian, you wouldn't have knowledge of what's in the Bible?"
...***sound of an annoying buzzer here*** Wow, just.....wow! Clearly he missed the part that said, "NO one knows the hour or day...."

Hmmmm perhaps when Jesus returned in 1994 (as per Camper's prediction), he chose to not reveal himself to anyone but Camper? During their private and exclusive meeting, did he THEN let him know that today would be the day? Thanks there Mr. Camper....cuz Christians need more persecution for their beliefs? Perhaps not the nicest thing to say here....but I'm not utterly convinced that he's not hearing voices....they're just not who he thinks they are.

Old 05-21-2011, 03:05 PM

26,329 posts, read 93,771,454 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beachmel View Post
Yes Chatt...as soon as my daughter told me, read what was going around the Internet....and that it was a "Christian" minister who had propagated the "act of terror"....and furthermore was making statements of WHEN it was going to happen and WHO would be leaving and staying behind, all I could say was, "Hmmm, you have to be a Christian?...and being a Christian, you wouldn't have knowledge of what's in the Bible?"
...***sound of an annoying buzzer here*** Wow, just.....wow! Clearly he missed the part that said, "NO one knows the hour or day...."

Hmmmm perhaps when Jesus returned in 1994 (as per Camper's prediction), he chose to not reveal himself to anyone but Camper? During their private and exclusive meeting, did he THEN let him know that today would be the day? Thanks there Mr. Camper....cuz Christians need more persecution for their beliefs? Perhaps not the nicest thing to say here....but I'm not utterly convinced that he's not hearing voices....they're just not who he thinks they are.
If these discussions were about anything else besides religion, those discussing it would be considered mentally ill - just as much as an adult who truly believes in Santa Claus or the Easter Bunny would be considered mentally ill.

"When one person suffers from a delusion it is called insanity. When many people suffer from a delusion it is called religion." - Lila: An Inquiry into Morals - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Old 05-21-2011, 04:18 PM

Yeah, yeah, yeah, we've heard it all before....

Old 05-21-2011, 04:26 PM

22,974 posts, read 65,527,721 times
Ok it about 6:30 eastern maybe its pacific 6pm

Wait , wait, I feel something.......

oh I just need to go restroom

Old 05-21-2011, 04:26 PM

27,347 posts, read 27,400,159 times
Who comes up with this stuff????

Old 05-21-2011, 04:35 PM

19,922 posts, read 11,045,204 times
I don't mean to be overly critical, but as far as Raptures go, this one sucks.

Old 05-21-2011, 05:03 PM

44,633 posts, read 61,629,357 times
It's now 6 pm here in Iowa where we're staying, so far nothing is happening, oh chit, the cell phone just died. That's it bye...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics