Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-29-2011, 08:24 AM

2,534 posts, read 2,268,539 times

Advertisements

Today's Question(s):

What was the last thing that had you saying "I wish I had written that down" ? To request a copy of an important document.

Bonus Question:

Which major event in History do you wish you had been able to witness in person ? Hmm

Extra Credit Question:

"Whatcha" doing this weekend ? Conference, Stone Mountain park, maybe fishing if there is time.

Word of the day:
osmose \ oz-MOHS \ , verb; Nice word
1. To gradually or unconsciously assimilate some principle or object.
2. To undergo osmosis

Today is:
National Shrimp Scampi Day
World Tai Chi & Qigong Day
Sense of Smell Day
Rebuilding Day
National Zipper Day

HAVE A GREAT WEEKEND EVERYONE!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-29-2011, 08:33 AM

54,527 posts, read 34,035,137 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KwaK
Just for Fun:
For those that watched the R. Wedding

What were some of the things stood out to you ?
I think I know what the "R." stands for.. Redneck Wedding!

Old 04-29-2011, 09:13 AM

24,734 posts, read 26,333,683 times
Today's Question(s):

What was the last thing that had you saying "I wish I had written that down" ?
Some wurds for my never to be published dictshunaire.

Bonus Question:

Which major event in History do you wish you had been able to witness in person ?
Too many major events to list, but the discovery of the New World would have been pretty neat.

Extra Credit Question:

"Whatcha" doing this weekend ?
I haven't been told yet.

Just for Fun:

Didn't watch it.

Old 04-29-2011, 09:25 AM

11,864 posts, read 11,108,335 times
Today's Question(s):

What was the last thing that had you saying "I wish I had written that down" ? I've done pretty good lately about remembering things, at least I think so lol

Bonus Question:

Which major event in History do you wish you had been able to witness in person? There are waaaaay too many events I would have liked to witness personally.

Extra Credit Question:

"Whatcha" doing this weekend ? Babysitting my 10 year old nephew and 9 year old niece tomorrow night while mom and dad go have fun Not sure what's on the agenda for Sunday - waiting to hear from da boy. Can't believe his Prof is giving them their final exam on Saturday night at 7:00

Today in History:
1961 - ABC's "Wide World of Sports, debuts I remember watching this with my dad when I got older
1967 - Aretha Franklin releases "Respect"
1990 - Wrecking cranes began tearing down Berlin Wall at Brandenburg Gate

Word of the day:
osmose \ oz-MOHS \ , verb;
1. To gradually or unconsciously assimilate some principle or object.
2. To undergo osmosis

Today is:
National Shrimp Scampi Day
World Tai Chi & Qigong Day I know what Tai Chi is, but ya lost me on the other one
Sense of Smell Day I love the smell of asphalt in the morning
Rebuilding Day guys are out front of the house repaving part of the street, does that count?
National Zipper Day hold on - yip, it's up

Old 04-29-2011, 09:26 AM

50,718 posts, read 64,930,195 times
Today's Question(s):

What was the last thing that had you saying "I wish I had written that down" ? There is a chapter in one of Benjamin Franklin's books, which I picked up at an antique show, about death. It puts the most comforting spin on dying I have ever read. I have not ever been able to find it again, but I wish I had written it down.

Bonus Question:

Which major event in History do you wish you had been able to witness in person ?
The signing of the Declaration of Independance

Extra Credit Question:

"Whatcha" doing this weekend ? I HOPE we will go to Forsythe Park where the SCAD students and others are doing the annual sidewalk chalk art competition. I hear it's fabulous. I KNOW we are going into our bathroom to paint and install a new terlit (that's how the guy in HD pronounced it LOL)

Just for Fun:

I have only watched up to the part where Kate was about to walk down the aisle. I look forward to watching the rest tonight. I like how open the cars were and how good the pictures were. I like how we got to watch all the guests arriving and see what they were wearing (esp. the hats). I don't think Posh should have worn black, but she looked fabulous. I loved the simple elegance of the bride's and her sister's dresses. Tastefulness is so comforting.
I like how relaxed everyone appreared to be. Just like a regular warm family wedding, with just a bit more pomp. Just a very nice respite from the gloom in our lives.

Old 04-29-2011, 09:38 AM

988 posts, read 1,759,026 times
Today's Question(s):

What was the last thing that had you saying "I wish I had written that down" ? Honda Civic Radio Code:sma ck: (i just posted my vent on this on the venting thread, I wish I had it tattooed on me)..

Bonus Question:

Which major event in History do you wish you had been able to witness in person ? Princess Diana's Wedding to Prince Charles..I did watch the highlights of William's though....

Extra Credit Question:

"Whatcha" doing this weekend ?
nada nothing zilch,

Just for Fun:

the 2 kisses....prince harry being by his brothers side, made me a little sad thinkin of the time at the funeral for their mum (all of a sudden i'm british...lol!!!)

Today is:
National Shrimp Scampi Day----I LOVE SHRIMP SCAMPI!!!
Sense of Smell Day NO COMMENT (see vent on stinky coworker tuna)

TGIF C-D'ers

Old 04-29-2011, 09:59 AM

12,169 posts, read 17,740,819 times
[quote=KwaK;18940002]Good morning everyone
Happy Friday

Early start here in NE FL . Yup Got up at 4:30 to watch the wedding

But it is a normal Friday so I have to work on payroll & invoices
In order to do that, first I have to do

Today's Question(s):

What was the last thing that had you saying "I wish I had written that down" ? I'm always forgetting passwords and log in names.

Bonus Question:

Extra Credit Question:

"Whatcha" doing this weekend ? Purchasing and plants veggies and other plants.

Just for Fun:

What were some of the things stood out to you ? Just watched a few highlights on the news. I expected a taller tiara. I thought the veil should have been cascading, it looked too clingy and seemed to flatten her hair.

Have a great weekend!

Old 04-29-2011, 10:27 AM

7,378 posts, read 2,774,378 times
Today's Question(s):

What was the last thing that had you saying "I wish I had written that down"? Just about everything anymore...except odd bits of trivia...those I have NO problem remembering!

Bonus Question:

Which major event in History do you wish you had been able to witness in person? Way too many to list.

Extra Credit Question:

"Whatcha" doing this weekend? Working and staying out of the wind as much as possible.

Just for Fun:

What were some of the things stood out to you? Didn't watch it...didn't want to watch it....didn't want to hear about for the last three months and don't want to hear about it for the next however long!

I hope everyone has a good day!

Old 04-29-2011, 11:18 AM

13,608 posts, read 5,423,723 times
Finally Friday

Today's Question(s):

What was the last thing that had you saying "I wish I had written that down" ? The grocery shopping list probably

Bonus Question:

The reunion of Germany in 1989. Seeing pictures of that event today is very moving for me.

Extra Credit Question:

"Whatcha" doing this weekend ? Nothing special. Well, hopefully a breakfast picnic with the kids at the beach on Sunday which is quite special.

Just for Fun:

What were some of the things stood out to you ? I did watch about 90 minutes of it and what stood out most for me is that now Harry is more handsome than William When he was younger he was so cute and now he's more and more looking like Charles and that Victoria Beckham seems unable to smile

Today is:
National Shrimp Scampi Day yummie!

Old 04-29-2011, 11:27 AM

11,466 posts, read 19,446,259 times
Default Today's Question

What was the last thing that had you saying "I wish I had written that down" ? ......Where my keys and hat are today, I think i'm loosing it.

Bonus Question:

Which major event in History do you wish you had been able to witness in person ? ....I would like to have been part of the lewis and Clark expedition

Extra Credit Question:

"Whatcha" doing this weekend ? .....Working on an old camp trailer that sounded like sucha good idea at the time

Just for Fun: It was not fun my morning news was not on
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics