Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-23-2011, 12:38 AM

11,874 posts, read 11,055,868 times

Advertisements

I hope everyone had a great week and is off to a wonderful start of the Easter weekend.

I’m posting Saturday’s QOTD a bit early since some folks may have plans involving travel, so lets get started with . . .

Today's Questions:

A few days ago Karla asked if we had any special plans for the Easter weekend. Well we all know how things can change at the last minute, though a change of plans isn’t necessarily a bad thing.

So on that note as it’s now Saturday, over the holiday weekend how many of our QOTD family will be:

Coloring Easter eggs?
Attending or hosting luncheon(s) and/or dinner(s)?
Going out to a restaurant?
Going to the movies?
Watching or attending a sporting event?
Taking a bike ride?
Going on a mini-vacation or trip?
Other?

Was this what you originally planned to do?

“Just because I want to know”:

This is the _____ Easter weekend since my first post on QOTD?

Did you already know or did you have to check?

Fun & Games:

Over holiday get-togethers, are there any longstanding traditions that involve playing certain games? If so, what is the game?

Today in History:
1789 – President-elect George Washington moves into Franklin House, New York
1861 – Battle of San Antonio, Texas
1896 – Premier of motion pictures (NYC)
1900 – First known occurrence of the word “hillbilly” (NY Journal)
1985 – Coca-Cola announced it is changing its secret flavor formula (New Coke debuts)
1988 – Federal ban on smoking during domestic airline flights of 2 hours or less
1995 – President Clinton declares a national day of mourning for Oklahoma City

Word of the Day - Players Choice

My Word of the Day is ___________

Today is:
Coloring Day
Good Eats Day
Smile & the World Smiles with You Day
Sunshine on Your Shoulders Day

Have a great holiday weekend and don’t forget to
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-23-2011, 12:41 AM

114,838 posts, read 65,921,881 times
Today's Questions:

A few days ago Karla asked if we had any special plans for the Easter weekend. Well we all know how things can change at the last minute, though a change of plans isn’t necessarily a bad thing.

So on that note as it’s now Saturday, over the holiday weekend how many of our QOTD family will be:

Coloring Easter eggs?
Going to the movies?
Taking a bike ride?
Other?

This is the __3rd___ Easter weekend since my first post on QOTD?

I had to think about it a second!

Fun & Games:

Over holiday get-togethers, are there any longstanding traditions that involve playing certain games? If so, what is the game?

Today in History:
1789 – President-elect George Washington moves into Franklin House, New York
1985 – Coca-Cola announced it is changing its secret flavor formula (New Coke debuts)
1988 – Federal ban on smoking during domestic airline flights of 2 hours or less

My Word of the Day is __Flied shicken_________ok 2 words!

Today is:
Coloring Day
Good Eats DayAlton is the man!
Smile & the World Smiles with You Day
Sunshine on Your Shoulders Day John Denver RIP

Have a great holiday weekend and don’t forget to kiss mama!!

Old 04-23-2011, 12:45 AM

44,382 posts, read 20,102,658 times
Today's Questions:

Coloring Easter eggs? Not I.
Attending or hosting luncheon(s) and/or dinner(s)? Dinner at my house on Sunday afternoon. Just my sis and bro-in-law and our aunt. Small family!
Going out to a restaurant? Nope.
Going to the movies? Nope.
Watching or attending a sporting event? Nope.
Taking a bike ride? Nope.
Going on a mini-vacation or trip? I WISH!!!!!
Other?
Was this what you originally planned to do? Yes.

This is the second Easter weekend since my first post on QOTD?
Did you already know or did you have to check? Already knew.

Fun & Games:
Over holiday get-togethers, are there any longstanding traditions that involve playing certain games? If so, what is the game? We used to play board games, but my aunt's vision is failing, so we won't be doing that this year. We're going to watch a Disney animated movie instead. She's up for that.

Today in History:
1789 – President-elect George Washington moves into Franklin House, New York There's a bar in my town call Franklin House!
1985 – Coca-Cola announced it is changing its secret flavor formula (New Coke debuts) Big mistake.

My Word of the Day is conundrum \kuh-NUN-drum\ n. RIDDLE
(I just always thought that was a cool word. )

Today is:
Coloring Day I miss coloring Easter eggs!
Good Eats Day Isn't this EVERY day?
Smile & the World Smiles with You Day This is true.
Sunshine on Your Shoulders Day Reminds me of John Denver's song. I love to sit on my porch and play that song on my guitar and sing quietly. (Not loud enough for neighbors to hear, and only after dark!)

Have a great holiday weekend and don’t forget to
Yes, ALWAYS be kind to critters!

Have a super Saturday, everybody!

Last edited by PJSaturn; 04-23-2011 at 12:58 AM..

Old 04-23-2011, 12:53 AM

114,838 posts, read 65,921,881 times
Ahhh!! The Battle of Texas! Not the Alamo....but Twigg's surrender (civil war).

The Battle of San Antonio/ Twigg's Surrender

Old 04-23-2011, 12:59 AM

25,080 posts, read 16,340,897 times
Happy Saturday to allyall

I have no plans for Easter previously, presently or changes beyond my thought of how crowded the church will be. Nor, do I have any idea of how many Easters...

Church Easter egg hunt for kiddos is about the only traditional game.

Love and Peace

Old 04-23-2011, 04:13 AM

7,487 posts, read 8,013,188 times
Hopefully tomorrows flight to Africa will be my last one before I get to go home. Of course getting home will be no easy task. I fly from Germany to Tampa, FL where I will spend a couple days. Then I fly to Fairbanks, Alaska where I will have to stay for a couple days and work a couple flights. Then finally I fly to Anchorage. All in all it will take me a week to get home.

Today's Questions:

Coloring Easter eggs?
Going to the movies?
Taking a bike ride?
Other? XXX This one XXX
Have to fly to Africa for a couple days. Work as usual.

More or less

This is the second Easter weekend since my first post on QOTD?
Finally a fill in the blank question that did not require me to suffer thru large amounts of anxiety trying to come up with something creative.

Was not too hard to figure out in my head.

Fun & Games:

Seeing how there is just me I do not play many games. I am a sore loser and I really hate it when I lose to myself.

My Word of the Day is Laundry \ lawn dree \ n.\ articles of clothing, linens, etc., that have been or are to be washed.
Used in a sentence - I need to hurry up and finish answering these questions so I can go do my laundry.

Old 04-23-2011, 04:24 AM

8,394 posts, read 3,492,851 times
Today's Questions:

Coloring Easter eggs? Nope
Attending or hosting luncheon(s) and/or dinner(s)? Nope
Going out to a restaurant? Maybe
Going to the movies? Maybe
Watching or attending a sporting event? Hmmm, not sure what's on... if there's motor racing or tennis on, then I shall watch it.
Taking a bike ride? No way LOL
Going on a mini-vacation or trip? Nope, not this year
Other?

Was this what you originally planned to do? Yup

This is the 2nd Easter weekend since my first post on QOTD?

Already knew

Fun & Games:

Over holiday get-togethers, are there any longstanding traditions that involve playing certain games? If so, what is the game? No games.... just the Easter egg hunt. My daughter is 32 but we still have the hunt when she's here. This year she's gone to a wedding, so the hunt will have to wait till next year!

My Word of the Day is Shuddup (aimed squarely at a visiting dog next door who has barked non-stop all darn day while his owner and the house owner have been out and about).

I hope everyone has a Happy Easter!

Last edited by Kobber; 04-23-2011 at 04:36 AM..

Old 04-23-2011, 04:30 AM

4,045 posts, read 1,872,609 times
Today's Questions:

Coloring Easter eggs? Already done
Attending or hosting luncheon(s) and/or dinner(s)? Some of my family will be having dinner together at my parents. Although they are both gone now we still own the house and often get together there. This Easter we'll have at least 16 with the possibility of 4 more having dinner.

It is.

This is the ___3rd__ Easter weekend since my first post on QOTD?

Did you already know or did you have to check? I think I know. (Well, I had to edit. I was wrong!)

Fun & Games:

Over holiday get-togethers, are there any longstanding traditions that involve playing certain games? If so, what is the game? My grandparents used to play a card game called Double King....... something. We always play games, but not specific games. Cards or board games if it's cold and outdoor games if warm enough. I'm hoping it will be nice enough to play outside with the kids tomorrow. Right now it's snowing.

I'll be cooking today & getting the Easter presents ready for the grandbundles. Have a wonderful Saturday!

Old 04-23-2011, 04:54 AM

18,717 posts, read 31,117,897 times
Today's Questions:

Coloring Easter eggs?

Going to the movies? Probably watching a few DVDs, too rainy to hike.
Watching or attending a sporting event? Might watch a few of these if we canlt find a good movie.

Other?

Nope, we have an annual hike that we like to take to see the spring wildlflowers. Too rainy for that, plus some of the shoreline washed away in a storm, so our trail is closed.

Second since QOTD, but what I really notice is this is the 6th Spring Break I've endured. Spring Break seems to mean a few really bored kids have nothing better to do than visit my regular forum... usually, that doesn't turn out well.

Fun & Games:

No, but I'd like to start one.I love that sort of thing, but the rest of my family just rolls their eyes and groans.

Old 04-23-2011, 05:30 AM

16,908 posts, read 16,155,732 times
Today's Questions:

Coloring Easter eggs? ~ Nope.
Attending or hosting luncheon(s) and/or dinner(s)? ~i'll be eating breakfast, lunch and dinner.
Going out to a restaurant? Maybe....Subway!
Going to the movies? Nope.
Watching or attending a sporting event? Nope.
Taking a bike ride? ~ Nope.
Going on a mini-vacation or trip? ~Nope.
Other? ~ Nope.

Was this what you originally planned to do? ~Yep.

Did you already know or did you have to check? I don't know and I'm
not checkin'.

Fun & Games:

We don't have holiday get togethers. Maybe Scrabble.

My Word of the Day is "nope".

Today is:
Coloring Day ~Nope
Good Eats Day ~ YESSSSSSSSS! Yeeeee-hahhh!!!
Smile & the World Smiles with You Day ~Nope
Sunshine on Your Shoulders Day ~I got a big, bad bug bite instead.

Have a great holiday weekend and don’t forget to EAT and:

Thanks Joy & Shredder! Happy GoodEats, everybody!

Last edited by rainroosty; 04-23-2011 at 05:45 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics