Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-13-2011, 04:31 PM

5,987 posts, read 11,713,150 times

Advertisements

Breaking news, everyone who has traveled over rural Florida with Google Earth was brought in today in what the government has called a class action arrest. They will be held pending disposition of court action relating to illegal farm photography. The children from Mrs Smiths class, at Freedom Elementary school, caused a problem when their lawyer demanded the government provide blankies.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-14-2011, 09:13 AM

31,304 posts, read 33,022,335 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by studedude View Post
Breaking news, everyone who has traveled over rural Florida with Google Earth was brought in today in what the government has called a class action arrest. They will be held pending disposition of court action relating to illegal farm photography. The children from Mrs Smiths class, at Freedom Elementary school, caused a problem when their lawyer demanded the government provide blankies.
Google Earth & Maps is a great website to enjoy viewing most any location without leaving your home. I always find interesting places to view online before I end up driving there and getting confused with streets and the locations.

Old 03-14-2011, 09:26 AM

I always thought it was our first amendment rights to write, speak, and take pictures if we wanted too. How is this bill S.B.1246 helping to protect our first amendment rights?

If my farming, or my operating a business within the law and operating with good common sense in protecting the health and well being of the general public then please feel free to take pictures. On the other hand, if I’m committing criminal acts during the process of my work that endangers the general public, then please don’t photograph anything that would be used in a court of law.

Old 03-14-2011, 03:50 PM

44,467 posts, read 20,246,290 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by studedude View Post
How you gonna keep them down on the farm now that they have digital cameras.

This is in the New York times and gives the Senate Bill number in the comments section. Godzilla was let loose by the earthquake in Japan, Aliens are killing birds by the thousands and this is proof that they have control of the minds of elected officials. Everyone put your aluminum foil hats on and go to the basement quick.

Cracking Down on Croparazzi: Florida Bill Would Criminalize Farm Photography - NYTimes.com
I'm sorry, but this is............shall I say it?............nucking futs!

Old 03-14-2011, 06:02 PM

15,891 posts, read 18,441,614 times
I've been watching Florida politics since the new governor (Scott) was sworn in.

I deduce this new bill was proposed so that people won't realize that Florida is turning all its farm land into golf courses.

Old 03-14-2011, 06:22 PM

Location: I never said I was perfect so no refunds here sorry!
6,489 posts, read 7,213,915 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PJ8 View Post
I'm sorry, but this is............shall I say it?............nucking futs!
Oh I love it when you talk about those dirty people like that

No other particular opinion outside of we're going down hill faster and faster with each passing day

Old 03-14-2011, 08:10 PM

25,080 posts, read 16,385,909 times
Well down the hill is good company and plenty of it

Old 03-14-2011, 08:46 PM

No corporate farming wants pictures taken of their mismanagement of hog waste runoff that might end up going down stream and contaminating the water source for others. Or the corporate chicken farmer that allows poor conditions causing bacteria contamination into the hens and their eggs,,,,, all of which are sold to the consumer to eat. It was only a month ago that two corporate egg producers in Iowa passed contaminated eggs into ten or twelve states that ended up on the breakfast tables of American families.

If employees, or others witnessed and too video or pictures of this many people would not have become ill, sick or died from the food sources.

On the other hand I’ve seen pictures taken of proud family and corporate farmers who take pride in their work and the products they produce. I don’t think they have issues with taking pictures.

So why is it that the Florida representative has issues with people taking pictures of farms? My guess is he getting paid off by corporations or lobbyists to push this bill?

Old 03-14-2011, 10:02 PM

1,496 posts, read 2,448,272 times
it sounds more terrible!!!

Old 03-15-2011, 08:42 AM

11,864 posts, read 11,084,274 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AksarbeN View Post
No corporate farming wants pictures taken of their mismanagement of hog waste runoff that might end up going down stream and contaminating the water source for others. Or the corporate chicken farmer that allows poor conditions causing bacteria contamination into the hens and their eggs,,,,, all of which are sold to the consumer to eat. It was only a month ago that two corporate egg producers in Iowa passed contaminated eggs into ten or twelve states that ended up on the breakfast tables of American families.

If employees, or others witnessed and took video or pictures of this many people would not have become ill, sick or died from the food sources.

On the other hand I’ve seen pictures taken of proud family and corporate farmers who take pride in their work and the products they produce. I don’t think they have issues with taking pictures.

So why is it that the Florida representative has issues with people taking pictures of farms? My guess is he getting paid off by corporations or lobbyists to push this bill?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics