Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-08-2010, 11:48 AM

3,273 posts, read 2,976,877 times

Advertisements

Today's Question: When it comes to planning a trip, is it your job or do you pass it off to someone else? That's my speciality. I am no travel agent, but I enjoy planning our vacations. I search for the best deals and usually get what I want.

Extra Credit Question: Do you have a favorite salad dressing? Russian, Thousand Island

Bonus Question: What was the last tour that you have been on? Hmm, 6 years ago, our first trip to Hawaii, we toured Pearl Harbor.....breathtaking!

Just for Fun: Are you one to have your shoes already tied and just slip them on or do you tie them up each time? right now it's sandals everyday. However, when I go bike riding, I wear sneakers and I always have to tie them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-08-2010, 11:50 AM

28,803 posts, read 47,844,983 times
Today's Question: When it comes to planning a trip, is it your job or do you pass it off to someone else?

I do most of it and Mrs/ Tek checks it to be sure it's right before I finalize reservations, etc.

Extra Credit Question:
Do you have a favorite salad dressing? Honey Dijon

Bonus Question:
What was the last tour that you have been on? Grand Canyon bus tour from Las Vegas. NOT recommended!

Just for Fun:
Are you one to have your shoes already tied and just slip them on or do you tie them up each time? Tie each time. If they're loose enough to slip on they're loose enough to slip off while walking...

Today in History:

1863 – American Civil War: following his defeat in the Battle of Gettysburg, General Robert E. Lee sends a letter of resignation to Confederate President Jefferson Davis (which is refused upon receipt).
1876 – Thomas Edison receives a patent for his mimeograph.
1908 – Wilbur Wright makes his first flight at a racecourse at Le Mans, France. It is the Wright Brothers' first public flight.
1911 – The millionth patent is filed in the United States Patent Office by Francis Holton for a tubeless vehicle tire.
1963 – Great Train Robbery: in England, a gang of 15 train robbers steal 2.6 million pounds in bank notes.
1974 – Watergate scandal: U.S. President Richard Nixon announces his resignation, effective the next day.

Word of the Day:

fantod , noun;
1. A state of extreme nervousness or restlessness (usually expressed in the plural.)
2. A sudden outpouring of anger, outrage, or a similar intense emotion.

Today is:

The Date to Create
Happiness Happens
National Garage Sale Day
Sneak Some Zucchini Onto Your Neighbors' Porch Night
Herbert Hoover Day (Iowa)

Old 08-08-2010, 11:58 AM

26,527 posts, read 51,954,099 times

Today's Question:
When it comes to planning a trip, is it your job or do you pass it off to someone else? I am the main planner, my wonderful wife does a lot of the interacting with humans issues for the planning.

Extra Credit Question:
Do you have a favorite salad dressing? Esperanza's home made, Blue Cheese, then I experiment. I will not try any which has spinach.

Bonus Question:
What was the last tour that you have been on? Not sure I ever had a tour. Is that where you follow people around? Like a tour in the military? As in the Army? 1990....

Just for Fun:
Are you one to have your shoes already tied and just slip
them on or do you tie them up each time? If it has shoelaces then
I
tie my footgear each time. How do you slip on tied shoes? If you
don't want to tie shoelaces why buy them. We got boots our here
in Nuevo Mexico. No stings attached....

Old 08-08-2010, 12:00 PM

21,353 posts, read 8,476,083 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GarlicGuy View Post
Good Happy Sunday Everybody!!

Today's Question: When it comes to planning a trip, is it your job or do you pass it off to someone else? It's just me, myself, and I. No matter how much I question the pooches, their lips are sealed!!!!

Extra Credit Question: Do you have a favorite salad dressing? My homemade Bleu Cheese is to die for and I have a homemade Honey Dressing that's tasty as all get out too. Bottled... no, not really a favorite that jumps out at me.

Bonus Question: What was the last tour that you have been on? Hmmmm.... house hunting in Maine last month!

Just for Fun: Are you one to have your shoes already tied and just slip them on or do you tie them up each time? I don't wear lace up shoes or sneakers anymore. They're a PITA!!! lol I generally wear mules.

Today is:
The Date to Create My FAVORITE!!!
Happiness Happens
National Garage Sale Day I need one!!!!!
Sneak Some Zucchini Onto Your Neighbors' Porch Night

Old 08-08-2010, 12:27 PM

8,672 posts, read 22,312,811 times
Plan for trip?
We share the planning I guess.

Favorite salad dressing?
low fat ranch

Tour?
Not sure

Old 08-08-2010, 12:32 PM

44,420 posts, read 20,177,379 times
Today's Question: When it comes to planning a trip, is it your job or do you pass it off to someone else? Just me. Nobody else to do it.

Extra Credit Question:
Do you have a favorite salad dressing? Yes. My own. I mix olive oil, a smidge of sesame oil and rice vinegar. I have that almost every day.

Bonus Question:
What was the last tour that you have been on? A local art museum.

Just for Fun:
Are you one to have your shoes already tied and just slip them on or do you tie them up each time? I didn't know it was possible to have them tied in advance. I have a high instep; I'm sure it wouldn't work for me, unless I left the laces too loose.

Today is:
The Date to Create I like being creative! I'm going to go outside now and create a neat yard - by mowing the lawn!
Happiness Happens It certainly does!
National Garage Sale Day Gee, there were a bazillion of these in my 'hood yesterday.
Sneak Some Zucchini Onto Your Neighbors' Porch Night LOL!
I had a vacuum cleaner named after him. LOL!

Old 08-08-2010, 12:58 PM

54,505 posts, read 33,935,300 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sabbytabby View Post
Bonus Question: What was the last tour that you have been on? The Alcatraz Tour. *highly recommended* I've been to it 4 times.

I've been on Alcatraz also... not to serve time, but on a tour...

It is definitely a scary place, and it should serve as an example of what prison is like for those who are thinking about pursuing a life of crime.

Old 08-08-2010, 01:29 PM

4,941 posts, read 8,345,497 times
Today's Question: When it comes to planning a trip, is it your job or do you pass it off to someone else? We all take care of packing our own things.

Extra Credit Question:
Do you have a favorite salad dressing? I like Ken's Ceasar, Lite Balsamic Vinegrette and Italian dressings.

Bonus Question:
What was the last tour that you have been on? Tour of Downtown Charleston, SC

Just for Fun:
Are you one to have your shoes already tied and just slip them on or do you tie them up each time? I tie them each time

Old 08-08-2010, 02:34 PM

1,214 posts, read 2,527,589 times
Hey all. It's just another slow sleepy lonely day, just the way I like it.

Today's Question:
When it comes to planning a trip, is it your job or do you pass it off to someone else?
I'm too young to plan trips, or I always have been lol. If it's just me, I guess I plan for myself.

Extra Credit Question:
Do you have a favorite salad dressing?
No way, I hate salad, never eat it.

Bonus Question:
What was the last tour that you have been on?

Had to think about that for a second. I guess it was two years ago touring schools to see where I would go. But my first semester we did have a field trip, and the teacher did give us like tours of all the places we were if that counts.

Just for Fun:
Are you one to have your shoes already tied and just slip them on or do you tie them up each time?
Yup, I tie my shoes just once, when I get em and never again. I always just slip em on and off.

Old 08-08-2010, 02:44 PM

8,746 posts, read 9,059,642 times
Today's Question: When it comes to planning a trip, is it your job or do you pass it off to someone else?

I'm single, so if a trip is being planned, it's usually me!...lol.

Extra Credit Question:
Do you have a favorite salad dressing?

I don't care much for salad, but on the rare occassions I eat it I like Italian or French dressing.

Bonus Question:
What was the last tour that you have been on?

Carlsbad caverns in New Mexico.

Just for Fun:
Are you one to have your shoes already tied and just slip them on or do you tie them up each time?

Tie them each time.

Today in History:

1863 – American Civil War: following his defeat in the Battle of Gettysburg, General Robert E. Lee sends a letter of resignation to Confederate President Jefferson Davis (which is refused upon receipt).
1876 – Thomas Edison receives a patent for his mimeograph.
1908 – Wilbur Wright makes his first flight at a racecourse at Le Mans, France. It is the Wright Brothers' first public flight.
1911 – The millionth patent is filed in the United States Patent Office by Francis Holton for a tubeless vehicle tire.
1963 – Great Train Robbery: in England, a gang of 15 train robbers steal 2.6 million pounds in bank notes.
1974 – Watergate scandal: U.S. President Richard Nixon announces his resignation, effective the next day.

Today is:

The Date to Create
Happiness Happens
National Garage Sale Day
Sneak Some Zucchini Onto Your Neighbors' Porch Night....I'll take zucchini but I would rather they leave some money!...lol.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics