Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-22-2010, 05:29 AM

3,455 posts, read 2,789,676 times

Advertisements

Good morning everyone. It's going to be a busy day here and the start of my working vacation week. Thought I'd get and early start and begin my day a few minutes early with....

Today's Question:
How good are you at remembering names?

Have you ever gotten caught not remembering someones name?

Extra Credit Question:
What's on your to-do list that you'd really want to get done today?

Be honest now, will you get it done?

Bonus Question:
Where did you go on your last day trip?

Just for Fun:
Do you have a stash of snacks somewhere? If so, is it the same old thing or do you "mix it up"?

Today in History:
565 – St. Columba reports seeing a monster in Loch Ness, Scotland.
1901 – Cadillac Motor Company is founded.
1902 – Theodore Roosevelt becomes the first President of the United States to ride in an automobile.
1906 - The Victor Talking Machine Company of Camden, NJ began to manufacture the Victrola. The hand-cranked unit, with horn cabinet, sold for $200.
1949 – Queen Charlotte earthquake: Canada's largest earthquake since the 1700 Cascadia earthquake
1989 – The first ring of Neptune is discovered.
1989 – Nolan Ryan strikes out Rickey Henderson to become the first Major League Baseball pitcher to record 5,000 strikeouts.

Word of the Day:
gormandize \ GAWR-muhn-dahyz \ , verb;
1. To eat greedily or ravenously.

Today is:
Be An Angel Day
Southern Hemisphere Hoodie-Hoo Day

Last edited by GarlicGuy; 08-22-2010 at 05:49 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-22-2010, 05:36 AM

11,874 posts, read 11,053,608 times
Well now, look who grabbed the pole position and I even stayed up until <shock, horror> midnight last night

Today's Question:
How good are you at remembering names? Horrible -faces, yes, names. Ran into a guy Friday at the grocery store that I KNOW I know; well enough he gave me a kiss on the cheek. Couldn't have pulled his name out if you put a gun to my head

Have you ever gotten caught not remembering someones name? This happens so much I'm the absolute queen of evading getting nailed.

Extra Credit Question:

Well I "really" don't want to do anything, but since I pretty much did that yesterday LOL, need to answer some emails and figure out a place for my large rack of hanging clothes to go. Shredder has decided he now wants to jump up on the clothes and try to pull them down. The night/morning he pulled down my Peter Forsberg AVS jersey in the Swedish colors that was one of the few things I brought with me from Colorado, well . . . let's say for him to be allowed back in the bedroom I have to reorganize my second bedroom AGAIN.

Be honest now, will you get it done? All I can say is that I am going to try lol

Bonus Question:
Where did you go on your last day trip? Oh! Course was biz related, but went over to Volcan with clients to look at a large development parcel they had. They paid all of my expenses and it is beautiful over there so was great.

Of course, this was around a year ago

Just for Fun:
Do you have a stash of snacks somewhere? If so, is it the same old thing or do you "mix it up"? I wouldn't have to stash them if it wasn't for the boy, but pretty much the norm - lots of chips and popcorn. My favorite snack foods - I will though pick up some M&Ms when I think of it at the store (and still have a few frozen cookies left that my friends sent me last Christmas). Haven't died or gotten sick yet when I've pulled a few out to munch on, so they must still be good.

Today in History:
1902 – Theodore Roosevelt becomes the first President of the United States to ride in an automobile.
1906 - The Victor Talking Machine Company of Camden, NJ began to manufacture the Victrola. The hand-cranked unit, with horn cabinet, sold for $200. I would love to have one of those
1949 – Queen Charlotte earthquake: Canada's largest earthquake since the 1700 Cascadia earthquake
1989 – Nolan Ryan strikes out Rickey Henderson to become the first Major League Baseball pitcher to record 5,000 strikeouts.

Word of the Day:
1. To eat greedily or ravenously. Yes boy, I'm looking at you while I answer this. You'd swear this cat hadn't eaten in weeks the way he throws food everywhere - he eats kibble like he's tearing apart meat and I've had him since 4 1/2 weeks so not sure why he does this.

Today is:
Be An Angel Day

Never cheat, but I had no clue. I'm definitely in the Western Hemisphere, but would/should be in either North or South too. Every article I read said that Central America straddles the equator and I did go to 3 sites; however, maps I looked at showed it in South America, so I'm going to "guess" I'm in the Northern Hemisphere, barely. Guess that makes me a Hoodie-Hoo Angel

http://i102.photobucket.com/albums/m93/Lovemy4goldens/Days%20of%20weeks-months/sunday/sunday.jpg (broken link)

Last edited by JustJoy; 08-22-2010 at 06:50 AM..

Old 08-22-2010, 05:37 AM

25,464 posts, read 13,583,005 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GarlicGuy View Post
Good morning everyone. It's going to be a busy day here. Thought I'd get and early start and begin my day a few minutes early with....

Today's Question:
How good are you at remembering names? Not as good as I used to be.....

Have you ever gotten caught not remembering someones name? Sadly, yes. Embarrassing....

Extra Credit Question:
What's on your to-do list that you'd really want to get done today? Organizing my kitchen cabinets. Way too much Tupperware and other storage containers taking up too much space.

Be honest now, will you get it done? I think so. I have so many other things on my list for later.....

Bonus Question:
Where did you go on your last day trip? Day trip????? What are those???? If I get to take a trip it is about a 2 hr. drive to the nearest VA hosp. for my DH visit.

Just for Fun:
Do you have a stash of snacks somewhere? If so, is it the same old thing or do you "mix it up"? It's a mix. Some walnuts, some pecans, glazed of course. Some chocolate covered blueberries. Some chips.

Today in History:
565 – St. Columba reports seeing a monster in Loch Ness, Scotland. One of my favorite critters!!!
1906 - The Victor Talking Machine Company of Camden, NJ began to manufacture the Victrola. The hand-cranked unit, with horn cabinet, sold for $200.

Word of the Day:

Today is:
Be An Angel Day....Oh how nice......

Thank you for the ? of the day. Have a great Sunday

Old 08-22-2010, 05:44 AM

20,548 posts, read 30,418,446 times
Good morning all and Happy Sunday!! Thank you GG for doing the QOD

How good are you at remembering names? I'm better at names than numbers but I'm not great.

Have you ever gotten caught not remembering someones name? Of course..but I handle it differently now. When I was younger I got embarrassed over it. Now...life happens, lol...so I just say I'm sorry but I don't remember your name.

What's on your to-do list that you'd really want to get done today? It rained all night so my "to do" list has been cut down drastically. I have to do some paperwork and organize pictures.

Be honest now, will you get it done? Yes.

Where did you go on your last day trip? Hmm, not many of those. It was about a month ago to VA to go to Sam's Club.

Do you have a stash of snacks somewhere? If so, is it the same old thing or do you "mix it up"? No hidden stash. Help...I'm out of chocolate. Not a single chocolate thing in the house except for Hershey's Syrup....hmm!! chocolate milk

Be back later to spread some cheer!!!

Old 08-22-2010, 05:47 AM

1,214 posts, read 2,522,696 times
Hey all, going new school clothes shopping today, well, after I sleep for a few hours of course lol. ~_~

Today's Question:

I'm pretty good I think, I don't forget too often.
Umm, kinda. I don't remember any really bad ones, but I did draw a blank sometimes in school working with other kids I barely knew, I'm pretty good at talking without having to use names though. I have had to ask before, but it wasn't so bad cause I usually barely knew the people anyway.

Extra Credit Question:
I wanted to start playing my game that I wanna beat before school starts this weekend, but I don't think I'll get the chance.

No, I don't think so, I'll probably have to wait til Wednesday. And at that point I'll only have 7 days left before school.

Bonus Question:
The beach.

Just for Fun:
Do you have a stash of snacks somewhere? If so, is it the same old thing or do you "mix it up"?
I wish I had a stash somewhere, it's usually just stuff I hate in the house. If we buy something I like I eat it up pretty quick lol.

Today is:
Be An Angel Day
If I have to, lol.

Old 08-22-2010, 06:00 AM

3,455 posts, read 2,789,676 times
Today's Question:
How good are you at remembering names? Try as hard as I might, I'm not good at it.

Have you ever gotten caught not remembering someones name? Last weekend my son stopped by with his new girlfriend. She introduced herself, but I was playing more attention to her tattoos instead. Sooo when they left I said it was very nice meeting you but can't remember your name and thats when my wife (ex) spoke up and said you shouldn't have too much problem remember it... its the same as your girlfriends.... oops

Extra Credit Question:
What's on your to-do list that you'd really want to get done today? I've got a couple sheets of sheetrock to install and get it ready for painting.

Be honest now, will you get it done? actually yes... and maybe a few more things

Bonus Question:
Where did you go on your last day trip? Had a nice trip to Belfast.. nothing like being down near the ocean

Just for Fun:
Do you have a stash of snacks somewhere? If so, is it the same old thing or do you "mix it up"? my stash is at work in my toolbox. My co-workers stop by it and indulge once in a while. At this time its Salted peanuts in the shell and also Nestle's Crunch Bars snack size.

Today in History:

Word of the Day:

Today is:
Be An Angel Day
Southern Hemisphere Hoodie-Hoo Day - maybe that's where Gomer got it from

Old 08-22-2010, 06:02 AM

8,831 posts, read 11,632,202 times

Today's Question:
I'm pretty good but I'm better at remembering faces and numbers

Oh yes, and it's very embarrassing

Extra Credit Question:
The thing I didn't do yesterday...get boxes and pack!

I have to, don't have any choice

Bonus Question:
Ummmm.....went to the dr. with my Aunt and out to lunch

Just for Fun:
The only stash I have is a box of crackers....it's a long story

Today in History:

Word of the Day:

Today is:
Be An Angel Day........................................but of course!!
Southern Hemisphere Hoodie-Hoo Day....hoodie-hoo??

Last edited by Ilene Wright; 08-22-2010 at 06:12 AM..

Old 08-22-2010, 06:02 AM

8,394 posts, read 3,491,600 times
Welcome to Sunday everyone!

Used to be really good... but those brain cells are dying off at a rapid rate.

Yes, more often than I care to admit... but "Hey there!", said with a smile works quite well.

Extra Credit Question:
Sort out my CD collection so I stand a reasonable chance of finding what I'm looking for.

Hmmm, maybe not... it's been on the To Do list for several days already.

Bonus Question:
I take long-distance visitors out for the day... to the beach, to the hinterland, maybe the rain forest... just round and about.

Just for Fun:
Chocolate is my snack of choice... and there's always some around the place.Matter of fact, I'm feeling a little snackish right now!

Old 08-22-2010, 06:06 AM

16,907 posts, read 16,148,303 times
Today's Questions: <~~
How good are you at remembering names? i don't remember.
Have you ever gotten caught not remembering someones name? <this space for rent>
Extra Credit Question:
Nothingness.
Be honest now, will you get it done? No. I will have to do more nothing again tomorrow....
Bonus Question:
Where did you go on your last day trip? Publix Supermarket.
Just for Fun:
Do you have a stash of snacks somewhere? Yes --- in what I call my "kitchen".
If so, is it the same old thing or do you "mix it up"? I don't eat the same thing every day of my life. Well, I mean...how else am I supposed to answer that?
Today in History:

1901 – Cadillac Motor Company is founded.Oh.
1902 – Theodore Roosevelt becomes the first President of the United States to ride in an automobile. So what X2.
1949 – Queen Charlotte earthquake: Canada's largest earthquake since the 1700 Cascadia earthquake Without the magnitude being given, that has about as much impact as the World's Biggest Pizza.
1989 – Nolan Ryan strikes out Rickey Henderson to become the first Major League Baseball pitcher to record 5,000 strikeouts. Yeah, I heard that the first ring of Neptune was in alignment with the dugout at that time. Coincidence? I think not!
Word of the Day:
1. To eat greedily or ravenously. I gormandize every chance I get.
Today is: Sunday
Be An Angel Day Awww....o-kay.....
Southern Hemisphere Hoodie-Hoo Day What the heck is "Hoodie-Hoo"? Anyway, stuff like hoodies are or were against the law here.
I love wearing hooded sweatshirts in the winter. Isn't there a "Mount Hood" somewhere? I remember seeing "Hood" written on an Ice Cream Truck. I raised my truck's hood twice last week. Does a Robin appear to be wearing a dark hood?....they're not often seen in my neighbor hood. Hoo would figure?
Thanks for the interrogation of the day ...and the fun.
Good Sunday to all you good people...but a crappy week ahead for the morons that catch a fish and then do things like throw it down on the pavement or stab it for fun, leaving it die. I hate those people.

Last edited by rainroosty; 08-22-2010 at 07:00 AM..

Old 08-22-2010, 06:11 AM

1,477 posts, read 2,199,781 times
Today's Question:
How good are you at remembering names? Bad, yet I'm excellent at remembering faces.

Have you ever gotten caught not remembering someones name? Many times.

Extra Credit Question:
What's on your to-do list that you'd really want to get done today? I have a lot on my to-do list. Most of it is work-related, and none of which I want to do.

Be honest now, will you get it done? Yes

Bonus Question:
Where did you go on your last day trip? To visit friends. About 1.5 hrs away.

Just for Fun:
Do you have a stash of snacks somewhere? If so, is it the same old thing or do you "mix it up"? Not really.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics