Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-22-2010, 12:06 PM

37,867 posts, read 41,275,081 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by eagle7 View Post
For the past hour some rude idiot has been blocking my driveway with his big new fancy shmancy truck. Hes working on the tree next door & didnt bother to ask me if he can park in front of my driveway. Luckily im not going out today but what if i was ? The jerk is a christian (jehovah witness) so he should know damn better. Im sick of rude & inconsiderate people but ill let this goes this time cause my elderly neighbor has a very hill husband & i dont want to upset her. Why are people so damn rude ?
I'm going to go out on a limb here and say because he's outside he can eyeball the situation and move it easily if you need to get out or someone else wants to get in.

Why do some people leave their shopping carts in the middle of the store aisle like they own it?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-22-2010, 01:43 PM

19,816 posts, read 9,715,609 times
Quote:
Did they at least look at or aknowledge you ? Thats quite rude.
They looked but there was no acknowledgement. Seemed like it was more of a game to them.

Old 07-23-2010, 03:16 AM

16,913 posts, read 16,241,944 times
Ask if you can try his chainsaw - say you're looking to buy one for your brother who lives near Asheville...then, when he turns it over to you, crank it up and suddenly thrust it into the side of his neck. This will make him not park in front of YOUR driveway ever again.

Old 07-24-2010, 07:29 AM

2,544 posts, read 4,304,944 times
I had someone double-park behind me in a parking lot once, at a school function (this was a long, long time ago). There were plenty of available spots, but obviously this person was too important to walk any farther. I waited about twenty minutes for the person to come out, giving them credit for just the quick run in. After twenty minutes, I slid under his car, removed the pin connecting the shift linkage, and put his car in neutral. Then I crawled back out, pushed his car aside, and gave the pin a toss. Let him figure out why his car won't go in gear.

Old 07-25-2010, 09:51 AM

4,596 posts, read 11,493,105 times
Default Rude people? NO use for them. . .

Years ago, I learned the best response to the rude questions rude people might ask, from a good friend of mine.

She would let someone repeat the rude question, as much as three or fours times, leading them to think she either hadn't heard the question or was ignoring them, at which point she'd look them squarely in the face, and proclaim, "If you will kindly overlook my NOT answering that, I'll overlook your asking it."

Old 07-25-2010, 10:28 AM

11,864 posts, read 11,090,794 times
So speaking of rude, inconsiderate people I'm sitting here having my morning coffee, playing on CD and I'll be damned if I didn't hear a knock on my front door - a Sunday morning! No one ever comes to my front door. Even when my neighbors (Panamanian) want to chit-chat or whatever, they'll just say "Hola" and my name - they never come all the way up to the front door, unless it's the rare time I have my TV or music loud and I can't hear them. And they never, ever bother me on a Sunday.

It was some guy who does this all the time at the office and he just happened to be walking by and saw my truck. I don't even know WHY he was around here, because he doesn't live in the neighborhood - I'm like the only white girl lol. I'm nice about it at the office, but my home - my sanctuary - plus a Sunday morning??? I'll tell ya, it wasn't pretty and while I did apologize that when I heard the knock and, without thinking, I said loud enough to where it could be heard outside "Who the is knocking on my door on a Sunday morning", I wasn't happy at all. I live in an all Panamanian neighborhood to have a bit of privacy and I do not advertise where I live, so rude asz, inconsiderate won't bother me at home.

UGH I wish I had some Bailey's for my coffee I'm still PO'd

Old 07-25-2010, 08:43 PM

58 posts, read 186,621 times
Tell him to move. If he does not cooperate, get the cops out there. If the cops seem disinterested, call several friends, have them come over and park strategically so that it is impossible for him to move his vehicle. Go inside and watch Apocalypse Now. Twice. Have all friends sleep over and catch the bus the next day. Have them leave their cars. Blow him off until the cops come. Then remind the cops that you asked them to get involved in the first place. Tell them his vehicle is not bothering you and it's fine where it is.

Cause as much ass pain as possible for this *******.

Last edited by Bone Saw; 07-25-2010 at 08:57 PM..

Old 07-25-2010, 09:53 PM

1,130 posts, read 2,245,932 times
Quote:
For the past hour some rude idiot has been blocking my driveway with his big new fancy shmancy truck. Hes working on the tree next door & didn't bother to ask me if he can park in front of my driveway. Luckily im not going out today but what if i was ? The jerk is a christian (jehovah witness) so he should know damn better. Im sick of rude & inconsiderate people but ill let this goes this time cause my elderly neighbor has a very hill husband & i dont want to upset her. Why are people so damn rude ?
WOW !! I can tell you guys don't live in the South ! We stop in the road in our neighborhood in our cars and talk to each other and if another car comes they just go around. Neighbors park in my yard all the time if who they are visiting has a yard full and there is no where else to park.

Old 07-25-2010, 11:28 PM

44,755 posts, read 62,129,521 times
Most cities have ordinances against blocking driveways. Police will ticket or even call a tow truck to haul away.

Old 07-26-2010, 01:52 AM

1,688 posts, read 4,315,426 times
Ya know this is kind of funny because yesterday a friend of mine was picking me up and there's very little area to park so she was behind the neighbour's car.

Well I was taking a long time and the neighbour came over and told her to move that she was blocking. Well when I came back from going out the neighbour was still home so I asked her why did she have to have my fiend move if she wasn't going anywhere? The neighbour said it was the idea that someone blocked her and she didn't like it (super sensitive).

I guess what I'm attempting to say is if it bothered you so much why didn't you ask him to move instead of bitching about it all day?

And here the guy is doing a good deed to boot no less.

Was bloviating about this all day really worth it? Life really is too short.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics