Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-18-2010, 07:28 PM

16,199 posts, read 11,702,872 times

Advertisements

I think learn to listen to what people are saying instead of what your thinking of saying next should help.

When I'm talking to DH, I can tell he isnt' listening to me but to what is rolling around his head as to what he will say next.
I just tell.

Conversations are supposed to flow and we all make boo boos when it comes to this. None of us are perfect listeners or conversation pieces all the time.
I have encountered 2 people in our circle of friends that do this all the time. It really bothers me and is annoying.
Now these are good people, it's just something that drives me crazy. You either talk over them or tell them to shut up until your finished. Well not quite like that but politely say......Please, I wasn't finished talking.
Have to give any one us credit for being aware and trying to change old habits though.
And we all have annoying habits at one time or another.

My habit is impatience......a biggie and sometimes not as tolerent of others shortcomings. Got to work on that a bit more.

You guys are the best and thanks so much for your input. I really really appreciate this.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics