Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-24-2010, 11:47 AM

5 posts, read 4,719 times

Advertisements

I am interested in the current top 10 concerns you have in your life. As a blogger and life coach it would help me to better address the issues people are facing. It's real easy to assume everyone is facing say financial problems as that is on mainstream media daily, but I'd rather not assume. I'd rather consider the concerns of real people like yourself.

So, what are the things you are trying to problem solve? Please also add a brief bio like: married/single/divorced, male/female, parent/no children, occupation & age so I have some context for your situation. THANK YOU for sharing your thoughts!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-24-2010, 03:31 PM

25,080 posts, read 16,330,501 times
My top 10 concerns:
1. The well being of my children. I worry about their choices and if I did a good enough job as a parent to ensure they have the tools necessary to make a good life for themselves.

2. I wonder about the implications of my own life choices - will I have to pay for past mistakes the rest of my life? And r those consequences so far reaching as to compromise quality of life and potential of my children and their futures?

3-1O: I worry about world affairs, end-time events, helping people, aging, finding true love, de-cluttering, simplifying my life, and finding my purpose or niche'

Old 06-24-2010, 03:45 PM

12,973 posts, read 3,225,042 times
In no specific order

1) my children
2) my marriage - Won't expand here!
3) my job - How long do I want to stay in my current position
4) should I go to get my Masters Degree - The thought of the cost and time commitment frightens me
5) finances (and debt) - Not enough money to keep up
6) pets -
7) my daughter's disability and how it effects her life(and mine)
8) my aching back - it hurts to some degree every day
9) indecisiveness about issues pertaining to "all of these above"
10) did I post my "Proverb of the Day"?? LOL

Old 06-24-2010, 03:48 PM

3,122 posts, read 4,954,897 times
My number 1 concern is people with 1 post playing internet psychologist....other than that, It's all good on my end oh wait I do have a concern you might be able to help me with........Get Karla to post the QOTD on time if you could do that........ you would be golden

Old 06-24-2010, 03:59 PM

39,031 posts, read 23,025,682 times
Top 10 Concerns:

1. Finding a full-time job within my chosen profession
2. Finances due to lack of work in my field
3. Family and friends issues
4. Fear that I will remain single for the rest of my life as I cannot seem to find anyone suitable
5. The direction that our society is taking
6. World events including the instability in the Mideast
7. Oil spill and how it affects those who live within those regions and depend upon the Gulf for their livelihood.
8. High cost of health insurance especially as my resources are limited at this moment
9. Decluttering my small apartment
10. What should I do with myself as I suddenly have so much free time.

Last edited by Chatteress; 06-24-2010 at 05:19 PM..

Old 06-24-2010, 04:10 PM

15,891 posts, read 18,330,582 times
Gosh, it's amazing. I really have very few concerns.

My mother's health
My best friend's state of mind
My cat's diabetes
Is is ever going to rain here again?

Old 06-24-2010, 04:36 PM

31,304 posts, read 32,889,616 times
  1. As divided as the nation is can it survive.
  2. Bringing our servicemen and women home and ending the war.
  3. Jobs and opportunity for those who are in need.
  4. The environment.
  5. The economy.
  6. The safety of the community from crime.
  7. The health and well being of family and friends

Old 06-24-2010, 04:59 PM

1,869 posts, read 4,024,062 times
My brother asked me this question a few months ago and my first response was my parents' health. since then my mom died and my dad is doing ok, so i am not worrying as much (just a little). worrying got me nowhere and so i really dont. except for worrying i'll run into a mountain lion while hiking.

everyone's forgetting to tell OP about themself a bit. me, married, 30ish, no children, work with children.

off topic- ketabcha, i had a cat with diabetes. this was 10 years ago but i didnt have to give insulin if i gave him a specific friskies food. let me know if you want me to try to remember the flavor.

Old 06-24-2010, 06:17 PM

16,806 posts, read 39,955,069 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inspired! View Post
I am interested in the current top 10 concerns you have in your life. As a blogger and life coach it would help me to better address the issues people are facing.
Pay me.

Old 06-24-2010, 06:28 PM

14,810 posts, read 16,211,393 times
In no particular order:

How much longer will I be able to live independently?
The political division in the country and will we ever be a "united" people again?
What appears to be a "dumbing down" of students in the public school systems and how this will affect the country.
Ongoing family concerns.
The slow loss of national pride and sovereignty as the world moves more and more away from such concepts.
Which will last longer - me or the money?
The situation along the southern US border - violence, crime, failure to control illegal immigration.
The breakdown in the traditional family and how this will affect society, our culture and future generations.
Will a cosmic event wipe out the electrical grid in the next few years?

I'm 74, female, retired, not married, no children at home.

Last edited by Cunucu Beach; 06-24-2010 at 07:25 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics