Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-24-2010, 07:03 PM

114,838 posts, read 65,798,588 times

Advertisements

My top 10 concerns are that I could ever think I need a Life Coach! Thanks for asking!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-24-2010, 07:06 PM

43,854 posts, read 51,154,207 times
I had a list, but then the oil gush happened.
Since then, I have realized the possibilities of things going wrong in this world are of such a massive scale, until it makes my original personal list seem silly.
So, I've decided to find a way to enjoy each day as it comes.....and let the rest go.

Old 06-24-2010, 07:16 PM

18,116 posts, read 11,749,491 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inspired! View Post
I am interested in the current top 10 concerns you have in your life. As a blogger and life coach it would help me to better address the issues people are facing. It's real easy to assume everyone is facing say financial problems as that is on mainstream media daily, but I'd rather not assume. I'd rather consider the concerns of real people like yourself.

So, what are the things you are trying to problem solve? Please also add a brief bio like: married/single/divorced, male/female, parent/no children, occupation & age so I have some context for your situation. THANK YOU for sharing your thoughts!

Normally I would have deleted this thread as we do not allow surveys on City-Data forums. Since this thread is going so smoothly because of the poster's human nature and personalities, I will allow this one time.

Old 06-24-2010, 07:57 PM

4,348 posts, read 7,352,915 times
Family always takes the fist place in my stress files.
1- I worry about my wife’s health, but I think she is doing much better than the last eight years. This year she received a pacemaker which she has needed since 2004. I think I need to shake her insurance company for having waited this long to approve it. That is something for them to worry about I guess. I know they are run by bean-counters, but it should not take a Greenspan level brain to see if you are spending 100,000 a year in the hospital for a problem the pacemaker would fix, than you need to put the pacemaker in. It is no wonder the insurance rates are so high. We are in a world of bean-counters trying to act like doctors. They are doing a @#**! Poor job of it.
2- I worry about our daughter in a school two states away and growing up in a world filled with hate, greed, and prejudice. We sure have not given our children much to work with. Global warming, rising sea levels, hotter summers, colder winters, stronger storms, and debt out their @#!**&#. This worries me too.
3- Religious wars in a nuclear world worry me. I see the potential of a disaster with the size and severity to end all life as we know it. A war over something half the planet recognizes is not real, and doesn’t believe in. It is time to wake up and end the insanity and killing.
4- I worry the population will become lazy and quit learning. This would limit our ability to prevent worry # 3.
5- I worry I will become one of those old people sitting in a chair not knowing who I am, or where I am going. I have watched friends parents slowly fade away. I don’t think I would allow that to happen to my family, but with my luck I will have forgot all about my worries when the time comes.
6- I worry the economy will have a 2nd recession. We are just seeing the return to slight growth, and I am afraid if we have another dip we will re-live the 1930's of my grand parents and parents again.
7- I worry we will limit our vision to only our planet, and let time slip by without gaining the understanding exploration can provide.
8- I worry man or humanity will never be able to step beyond the greed which drives us now. I want to see a unified planet with people throwing out the myths and lies of the past and spawning a revolution of knowledge. I would like to see the scientific logic used to guide our species to new worlds before our little star expands and turns this planet into a crispy marble. We only have a few billion years to go, and we sure aren’t moving very fast.
9- I worry that I will not leave the positive mark my parents and grandparents did. Their goals were based on a better world than they found, mine too, but the problems are so big and I am so small. I don’t think my small amount of good will make a difference.
10- I worry man will turn his back on history, and repeat the same dumb mistakes. The only true way to see the future is to study our past. Modern man is too arrogant to accept something that simple.

Last edited by cncracer; 06-24-2010 at 08:20 PM..

Old 06-24-2010, 08:16 PM

33 posts, read 33,874 times
A few things... don't have any priorities at the moment. But I don't worry too much about it. It's just gonna get you down.

Old 06-24-2010, 08:31 PM

3,122 posts, read 4,952,043 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2goldens View Post
Normally I would have deleted this thread as we do not allow surveys on City-Data forums. Since this thread is going so smoothly because of the poster's human nature and personalities, I will allow this one time.
You're getting soft 2 G's

There's no doubt that a few on here need help...me included .........but someone with one post Maybe an introduction and get the feel of the board before jumping in and helping 100's

Old 06-24-2010, 08:59 PM

31,304 posts, read 32,869,458 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AksarbeN View Post
  1. As divided as the nation is can it survive.
  2. Bringing our servicemen and women home and ending the war.
  3. Jobs and opportunity for those who are in need.
  4. The environment.
  5. The economy.
  6. The safety of the community from crime.
  7. The health and well being of family and friends
Sorry I forgot - married, male, 66, retired, and worried.

Old 06-25-2010, 12:33 AM

25,080 posts, read 16,322,950 times
OH my people, my people, my people... be encouraged!!!! "We shall overcome..." My heart was about to get seriously heavy after reading how concerned we all r, but Dr. Big Mike, lifted my heart in laughter with his 2 post and the poster that said "pay me." U 2 R 2 funny... Oh my people Laughter is good medicine... I feel good now! LoVe PeAcE and LaUgHtEr to aLLyaLL

Old 06-25-2010, 05:04 AM

1,214 posts, read 2,518,230 times
Female, no children, student, 19

Tied for 1. My personal relationships/The well being/happiness of my loved ones

The rest aren't in any real order

3) School/classes, workload, dealing with teachers/other students
4) Money for books, gas, food
5) Debt for school/car, for school especially
6) My health
7) My future in general, what'll happen to me/my loved ones, what will I do, how will I live, what comes after school, will I even finish it...
8) My personal happiness, it's such a struggle too often
9) World problems, war, economy, poverty, the future, all you can do is worry about em

I couldn't really define a 10th one that wasn't already covered by something else.

Old 06-25-2010, 09:04 AM

14,688 posts, read 26,603,990 times
1. Killer Bees
2. Giant, radiated, mutant bunnies. Basically, The Night of the Lepus
3. Zombies
4. Sparkly vampires
5. Buying some land and building a house only to find out that they moved the tombstones but not the bodies!!!
6. Dating the girlfriend of a deceased IRA member only to find out that it was a dude all along.
7. Dying and coming back in the body of a dog, automobile, etc.
8. Inventing a super intelligent robot only to have it rebel and destroy most of the human race.
9. Being convicted by a military tribunal of a crime I did not commit, going underground and working as a solider of fortune.
10. People who think Jay Leno is funny.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics