Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive > Brand-specific forums > Other Brands
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-28-2011, 08:13 AM

14,100 posts, read 28,596,936 times

Advertisements

Having trouble posting the link here using my iPhone. Read an article on the upcoming Opel Astra GTC. While no fan of the GTC's styling, I do like some of the suspension tech as well as some luxury level technology. The GTC engine choices are no 0-60 racers but I think both would be a good fit on either the Buick Verano or Chevy Cruze. A 1.6L turbo with about as much HP as the Verano's 2.4L or a 2.0L turbo diesel. The performance Astra has a 2.0L turbo with big HP numbers, I think this is the same engine in the Regal GS. Chevy could drop the 1.8L base engine, make the 1.4L turbo the base engine, and make the 1.6L turbo and 2.0L turbo diesel as the uplevel engine choices. The Buick Verano should make the 1.6L turbo the standard engine with choices of the 2.0L turbo diesel or a detuned 2.0L turbo like what's in the Regal.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-28-2011, 12:54 PM

11,787 posts, read 17,830,364 times
I don't see any of that happening unless the Regal GS is a huge overwhelming success, which I don't think it will be. The first Veranos are 2.4L only with the turbo model still on the table for later, but I doubt there will be a high performance version of that car. All they are doing is positioning the turbos as better fuel economy replacements for V6s. I don't think we'll see any diesels for a long time either.

Old 12-28-2011, 08:11 PM

3,128 posts, read 6,550,531 times
The Verano is meant to sell on low price and trying to get buyers in the brand. They won't be concerned with performance. Sadly the Regal GS weighs too much and is FWD and now AWD and still will cost around 35-40k.

I agree with Tourian here.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive > Brand-specific forums > Other Brands