Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-18-2010, 09:48 AM

335 posts, read 1,181,402 times

Advertisements

Hello,

Looking for some help. We will be traveling to Orlando in a couple of weeks. I have two kids, ages 4 and 9. We already have plans to do the Magic Kingdom but can't decide on the other day. We only have 2 days to spend in the parks. My kids both enjoy adventure and are both fearless. My youngest is 42". Thoughts on Aquatica, Sea World, a Disney Water Park, or Universal? Looking for the best park for the money that they can both enjoy. Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-18-2010, 09:54 AM

1,639 posts, read 5,100,654 times
I would go with Universal or IOA. Also, I think taking them to Downtown Disney's Lego land would be a fun diversion for the kids. My neices and nephews are around the same age and they loved it. You may want to check out Wet and Wild or the Disney water parks ( Blizzard beach and Typhoon Lagoon) as well.

Old 05-18-2010, 09:58 AM

2,129 posts, read 4,512,388 times
Universal/Islands of Adventure will be fun for the kids, although the 4-year-old isn't tall enough for some of the bigger, more intense rides. You can look at height requirements at Riders guide and height requirements at Universal Orlando theme parks (http://www.universalorlando.com/Resort_Information/height_requirements.aspx - broken link)

It really just depends on what you think your kids will enjoy most- would they rather go on more rides, look at animals (SeaWorld doesn't have many rides, and two of the major rides you must be 54") or go on waterslides/hang out in pools all day?

Old 05-18-2010, 10:03 AM

2,168 posts, read 5,055,460 times
Islands of Adventure, and if you have a whole day you could possibly get Universal Studios in the same day with a 2-park pass. You might even luck out and get to ride Harry Potter if it opens early, but I would definitely not count on that. Even that aside, the park offers much in terms of fun rides. Make sure you do not miss Spiderman as it is the best ride in Orlando IMO.

Old 05-18-2010, 11:09 AM

1,639 posts, read 5,100,654 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete C View Post
Islands of Adventure, and if you have a whole day you could possibly get Universal Studios in the same day with a 2-park pass. You might even luck out and get to ride Harry Potter if it opens early, but I would definitely not count on that. Even that aside, the park offers much in terms of fun rides. Make sure you do not miss Spiderman as it is the best ride in Orlando IMO.
You also have some great kid themed rides at both parks...........cat in the hat and the seuss carousel, jurassic park, woody woodpecker's coaster, curious George area (I think they would really enjoy this) you can sit down and let the kids enjoy themselves.

Old 05-18-2010, 12:11 PM

4,194 posts, read 11,696,446 times
I agree with universal. It's good for thrills and is a nice change from Disney. If you want to save a lot of money then go to wet n wild on International drive. It's owned by universal it's pretty cheap and it's the best water park in Orlando for rides. seaworlds water park and disneys water parks are nice but theyre just over priced Themed water parks with not as many rides as wet n wild. Wet n wild isn't themed, It's just a large water park filled with a ton of thrill rides for all ages.

Old 05-18-2010, 05:47 PM

3,977 posts, read 8,176,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by geoffandliz View Post
Hello,

Looking for some help. We will be traveling to Orlando in a couple of weeks. I have two kids, ages 4 and 9. We already have plans to do the Magic Kingdom but can't decide on the other day. We only have 2 days to spend in the parks. My kids both enjoy adventure and are both fearless. My youngest is 42". Thoughts on Aquatica, Sea World, a Disney Water Park, or Universal? Looking for the best park for the money that they can both enjoy. Thanks
I would take them to Blizzard Beach. There is something there for everyone. They have family slide ya'll could go on. a play area for the 4 year old and a preteen area your 9 year old would have a blast in.

My 2nd choice would be Sea world. Lots of cool animals and kids love the shows and getting splashed by Shamu. There is a kids play area with a playground and water play area and rides geared for kids.

Old 05-18-2010, 05:55 PM

44 posts, read 111,112 times
Sea World is a nice park for young children. We went when my children were 4 and 8 and they loved it.(2008) We did too! They have some wonderful shows and Shamu's Happy Harbor(I think that was the name of it) area with rides for young kids. A nice little roller cooaster the whole family can enjoy. Our family loves animals and aquariums and this one is top notch. The believe show back then was awesome, but I think things may have changed due to the tragedy that happened earlier this year with the trainer. Although Sea World probably has alot of critics it was a very enjoyable day out and if I remember correctly your ticket usually is good for more than one day so you could go back the next day or something if you did not get to experience it all in one day.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
View detailed profiles of: