Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-02-2010, 07:46 PM

14 posts, read 36,632 times

Advertisements

I just landed a job near UCF. I think that I'm going to end up taking the 408. I have two questions:

1. What is the actual commute time if I travel during rush hour traffic?

2. When are the morning and evening rush hour times on the 408?

If I get a chance to choose my own hours, I'd like to try to beat rush hour if possible (in at least one direction).

Thanks!

cwebgrrl
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-02-2010, 07:51 PM

4,194 posts, read 11,699,228 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cwebgrrl View Post
I just landed a job near UCF. I think that I'm going to end up taking the 408. I have two questions:

1. What is the actual commute time if I travel during rush hour traffic?

2. When are the morning and evening rush hour times on the 408?

If I get a chance to choose my own hours, I'd like to try to beat rush hour if possible (in at least one direction).

Thanks!

cwebgrrl
That commute would take about 25 mins with no traffic. What area near UCF will you be working? Because if its near the back of UCF you can just take the 408 all the way through till it ends in research park. Or is its closer to University blvd, because then it would be easier to take the 408 to the 417 to University Blvd.

Rush hour on the 408 is during the same times as the rest of Orlando. About 4-6pm in the afternoon and 7-9 in the mornings. But 408's traffic is nothing like I-4's, it usually moves along pretty fast.

Hope that helped.

Old 04-02-2010, 09:27 PM

59 posts, read 249,827 times
I don't travel that road in the mornings, but I see that heading east on the 408 in the morning shouldn't be bad, and west in the evening is ok too. It's the folks who live on the east side of town, and commute to downtown/I-4 who deal with traffic on the 408.

Old 04-02-2010, 10:08 PM

331 posts, read 1,052,755 times
I live in Winter Garden about 10 mintes from the 429 (Winter Garden Village). I make the trip a few times a week myself and it takes me a solid 40 minutes with no traffic to get to University and Alafaya. I think it would depend on how close you live to the 408 as I live a bit of the beaten path. There are also 3 tolls on the 408 and 1 on the 417 at University. I have seen traffic a few times during rush hour but has stated it is nothing like I-4 traffic unless there is an accident which I have been caught up in a few times. Besides the cost of the tolls the stretch of road is usually pretty clear and saves a lot of time! I would suggest maybe taking a drive there before you start the job during the rush hours so you can time yourself. Congrats on the new job btw!!

Old 04-02-2010, 10:34 PM

14 posts, read 36,632 times
Thanks everyone! I'll be working near the back of UCF, so it should be a straight shot for me. I'm so glad that the rush hour traffic won't be too difficult. I used to live on the other side of town and commuted to the disney area for work - and it was pretty bad. I'll budget somewhere between 20 and 40 minutes - will definitely do a test run too.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
View detailed profiles of: