Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-15-2010, 06:25 PM

17 posts, read 45,566 times

Advertisements

Hi, we live in Orlando and want to move to a different area. We are looking at Clermont and a development off rt. 27 Sunrise Lakes. It was seasonal rentals from people in the UK. When the bubble bursted alot of them have lost their houses and we have been told more and more families are buying their as the houses are cheaper, most have pools, and less traffic. Does anyone have any imput on this area? Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-16-2010, 05:46 AM

26,585 posts, read 62,187,660 times
I wouldn't buy in that community as it has low income apartments on either side of it. I also wouldn't buy in any community with that many foreclosures. There are other communities in Clermont in nicer areas I'd look at first.

Also, where do you work? Getting to Orlando from the south end of the area known as Clermont (south of Lake Louisa you aren't actually in Clermont, but rather have a Clermont mailing address--legally the home is in unincorporated Lake County) is going to be a total pain.

Old 02-25-2010, 08:52 AM

17 posts, read 45,566 times
Thank you so much for your response. I called the Lake County Sheriffs office and what he told me was stay clear of that whole area. He said that area has the most calls in an evening than anywhere else in the county. He said the crime down there is awful. I cant thank you enough, you helped our family avoid a big mistake.

Old 12-02-2010, 08:10 PM

11,486 posts, read 15,345,260 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by susieq79 View Post
Thank you so much for your response. I called the Lake County Sheriffs office and what he told me was stay clear of that whole area. He said that area has the most calls in an evening than anywhere else in the county. He said the crime down there is awful. I cant thank you enough, you helped our family avoid a big mistake.

This is absolute BS.

A very close friend of mine is looking into Clermont and when I was researching on this board one of the homes she saw listed in Sunrise Lakes. I read this post and called her right away.

She called the Sheriffs office herself and they told he no way would we ever tell someone not to or to move to any certain area as they could hold them accountable.

The Sheriffs office told her they would gladly give her details of crimes etc in a neighborhood but they would never tell someone that any certain area was awful or to stay clear of it.

I know Annerk that you do not like this area of Clermont, but looking at the Sheriffs report there seems to be more trouble up close to Clermont then down near the apartments you post about all the time.

If we are going to try to help people find a safe neighborhood at least we can get the information correct and not make up BS like the Sheriffs office told her to stay clear of the area.

Does anyone on this board live in Sunrise Lakes that can give us a better in detail description of the area please? Good or Bad.

Old 12-03-2010, 05:08 AM

26,585 posts, read 62,187,660 times
First of all, it's actually an area of unincorporated Lake County with a Clermont mailing address. I don't know what report you are looking at, so without a link I can't respond tp it.

What I do know is that the low income apartments down there have consistently had a high level of crime. The only area within the city limits of Clermont that has the same level of crime is a small area in what would be considered "downtown Clermont." Overall the many housing communities within the Clermont city limits are quiet, safe, nice areas to live without the transience of short-term renters and the issues that nearby low income housing bring along.

There are a couple communities down in the southernmost part of Lake County that I think are nice, both are primarily owner occupied and a mile or more from Wal-Mart and the low income housing, two things that in my opinioin should be avoided when seeking to purchase a home that you plan on occupying.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando