Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-10-2010, 04:14 PM

68 posts, read 213,592 times

Advertisements

Any info on the public schools in Oviedo would be appreciated, I understand the high schools are Oviedo or Haggerty, any differences, is one preferred over the other?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-10-2010, 06:04 PM

4,194 posts, read 11,701,466 times
They are both good schools. Oviedo is more established than Hagerty, I hear there are more problems with fights at Hagerty than at Oviedo.

Old 02-11-2010, 08:29 PM

307 posts, read 2,107,373 times
Haggerty high school is only a few years old, and I have heard positive things about both schools as far as quality of education.

Old 02-12-2010, 04:30 PM

4,167 posts, read 9,347,475 times
Oviedo is the older more established school. If tradition and history are important to you I would choose Oviedo. That being said I have not heard anything negative about either school. For what's it's worth, I am a young approaching middle age adult (I would like to just say "young adult" but I'd be lying) but I competed against Oviedo H.S. in athletics. I never even heard of Haggerty until I moved back to FL after college.

Old 02-12-2010, 05:37 PM

Even though Oviedo is older, It literally just finished a complete renovation this school year. Buildings were torn down, new buildings were built, existing buildings were remodeled. So it looks like a brand new school, newer than Hagerty, but still has the history and traditions of an older established school. The school was established in 1932 btw.

BRPH: Oviedo High School

Hagerty opened in the building that was the old Lawton Chiles Middle school in 2005 with only freshman, and every year another grade was added until last school year (2008-2009) when it had all four grades. During the years between, the school's campus doubled in size due to new construction to support the growing school.

http://www.hagertyhigh.scps.k12.fl.u...p&cat=2&pos=13

Last edited by GLS2010; 02-12-2010 at 05:51 PM..

Old 02-13-2010, 04:12 AM

42 posts, read 119,277 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GLS2010 View Post
They are both good schools. Oviedo is more established than Hagerty, I hear there are more problems with fights at Hagerty than at Oviedo.
My son goes to this school and I have never heard of this issue. We attend everything there but I guess every school could have some fighting again never heard this.

It is a great school ( Haggerty ) and we don't say this lightly. In my opinion you won't go wrong with either choice both top notch schools. I don't really care what the rating's turn out to be for either school this year thats how highly I think of them and the staff. I know firsthand many of the teacher's @ Haggerty from teachers meetings etc, they are top notch and do an excellent job. I'm sure it's probably the same with Oviedo High. I do think Haggerty is in a much better location but thats just an opinion.

Old 02-13-2010, 08:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by michaelceriale View Post
My son goes to this school and I have never heard of this issue. We attend everything there but I guess every school could have some fighting again never heard this.

It is a great school ( Haggerty ) and we don't say this lightly. In my opinion you won't go wrong with either choice both top notch schools. I don't really care what the rating's turn out to be for either school this year thats how highly I think of them and the staff. I know firsthand many of the teacher's @ Haggerty from teachers meetings etc, they are top notch and do an excellent job. I'm sure it's probably the same with Oviedo High. I do think Haggerty is in a much better location but thats just an opinion.
I know that they are both great schools, I just hear from people who go to Hagerty that they have more fights there than at Oviedo. They're both some of the top schools in metro Orlando though.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando