Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-28-2009, 08:32 AM

1,000 posts, read 3,346,282 times

Advertisements

I'm sure someone on here would dispute that. Then again, what is middle class these days? Mine and husband's combined salary is about $70,000. We pay $1350 month for our house. I'm a paralegal, he's an installation technician at area hospitals. Are we lower middle class, middle class or what?

Do you have to make $100,000+ combined a year now and live in a $300,000+ home to be considered middle class anymore? Sheesh!

I guess I need to get over labels and just find a nice safe area we like and can AFFORD if we ever do make the move down to FL.

Thanks for listening!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-28-2009, 11:39 AM

66 posts, read 226,837 times
not necessarily! its pretty mixed you will find all sorts of income levels in the area...from low to middle to super high class....clermont is pretty wide and spacious...the further out on the outskirts the nicer the homes (all from what i have noticed the few times I have been)

Old 07-28-2009, 12:46 PM

26,585 posts, read 62,020,627 times
The southern end of the Clermont area tends to trend towards lower middle income, and there are some parts of the downtown Clermont area that are lower income. The majority of Clermont is middle, upper middle, and even high income. There are more than a few million dollar homes in Clermont. You dont buy one of them with a $36K a year job.

That said, there are a lot of really nice houses in great neighborhoods in the $150-225K range.

In Clermont you would be considered middle or upper middle income. You can live comfortably in many nice neighborhoods in Clermont in your income bracket.

Old 07-28-2009, 01:12 PM

Thanks. Yeah that's hoping we would have similar salaries if we do make it down there. We shall see I suppose.

Thanks again!

Old 07-28-2009, 03:19 PM

27 posts, read 119,384 times
Our income is the same as yours and we are purchasing a home for 182k in Clermont. (or rather building a new one.) Our payments "WITH HOA" will be $1370 a month. Personally I think the neighborhood is really nice and I'm pretty picky. Spacious quarter acre lots and a variety of sized homes. Look into Pulte homes in Verde Ridge they are in your price range and really nice.

Old 07-28-2009, 03:22 PM

Have you driven around Clermont? Compared to areas of Orlando I do not consider it lower middle class. It's really nice out there. Granted you have areas that aren't as nice such as on the southern end near 1792 as Annerk mentioned, but for the most part, Clermont is a nice community especially compared to a lot of other places out there.

Old 07-28-2009, 06:17 PM

Thanks dawg, hopefully we'll get down there this fall for a visit to look around. The two main areas I'm interested in at the moment are Clermont and Winter Springs so I'll keep researching until then.

Thanks again!

Old 07-28-2009, 06:28 PM

133 posts, read 191,241 times
There's alot of upscale areas. I'd say most of it is middle to high income.

Old 07-29-2009, 08:01 AM

personally, I think Clermont is WAY nicer than Winter Springs. But, I'm not all too fond of the Winter Springs area myself. Others I'm sure may feel differently. But, I don't think many can deny that Clermont is prettier with it's hills. You definitely need to come down here to really grasp a feel for an area. Orlando can be VERY misleading online. What seems like a nice house or neighborhood on the internet and in pictures can look and feel VERY different when you actually see it in person. There is a really good website you should checkout. It's called myfloridahomesmls.com. You can see many homes for sell and also view homes that have been recently sold to get an idea of what prices are going for. Pictures are also listed and you can also do a bird's eye view to see the neighborhoods. But STILL it is not the same as being there in person. I visited many homes with my husband before making our decision on Clermont and many looked great online till we actually got there.

Old 07-29-2009, 08:02 AM

HPage I sent you a personal message...did you get it?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando