Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-04-2009, 07:44 PM

9 posts, read 14,601 times

Advertisements

Can anyone from Clermont(or someone familiar with it) tell me anything about the zip code 34711? Were moving to the area and have heard good things about it but I have seen on these boards people saying to stay away from the areas that are short term rentals or near highway 192. Is this area high in short term rentals or near that area? I just want to make sure we aren't getting into an area that will not gain value due to this. Any help would be great, thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-05-2009, 05:43 PM

17 posts, read 45,468 times
I lived in Clermont in 34714, that is the area at 192 and 27. It is transient and there are alot of apartment communities. With that being said there are still desirable subdivisions in 34714 in my opinion.
34711 is further north at HWY 50 and 27, there are alot of shopping and amenities in 34711 and it is not as transient an area. I think you will be fine, even with its problems Clermont is quaint and beautiful in my opinion.

Old 04-05-2009, 06:07 PM

26,585 posts, read 62,038,899 times
34711 isn't very transient. Even the apartment complexes are for the most part upscale with tenants that either stay for a few years or buy in Clermont.

34711 is safe and relatively quiet. I've been here since 2004 and can't imagine living anywhere else.

If you tell me where you are moving I can give you more info.

Old 09-17-2010, 05:20 PM

3 posts, read 17,650 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gbird View Post
Can anyone from Clermont(or someone familiar with it) tell me anything about the zip code 34711? Were moving to the area and have heard good things about it but I have seen on these boards people saying to stay away from the areas that are short term rentals or near highway 192. Is this area high in short term rentals or near that area? I just want to make sure we aren't getting into an area that will not gain value due to this. Any help would be great, thanks!

Hi,
Don'e believe that. There is one subdivision which is Orange Tree that is more of vacation homes there and are short term rentals. The majority of the subdivisions are owned or rented and they rentals are due to the economy. I live there on US Hwy 27 and absolutely love it.

There are not to many places or states for that matter that are retaining their value within the US but I can tell you this. It is a sought out area to live in and its considered the rolling hills of clermont because we are on the highest grounds in florida (we are not flat).

Lots to do, good supermarkets not just walmarts, movie theatre, shopping mall, downtown orlando etc. the schools in Lake county which clermont is in are A rated schools I know because I live right next to the elem school and have many friends who children attend JH and HS in this county.

You shoud know this before hand the police there do not play in other words fights among children are not tolerated in the schools and they will be penalized for it. Other than that its a great place to live and Im glad I chose it. (originally from NY) so for me thats a compliment lol.

Good luck

Old 08-30-2011, 12:37 PM

2 posts, read 2,727 times
Appreciate the useful information. We want to move by next summer, two children (7 & 3), and want them to actually enjoy the country. We live in Tamarac, 7 years, & had quite enough of the jam packed population boom during this time. Not just clermont, but any town around the area we are interested in getting info.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando