Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-16-2009, 07:29 PM

354 posts, read 1,273,752 times

Advertisements

Just looking for any info on this complex off Turkey Lake Rd.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-17-2009, 02:47 PM

9 posts, read 32,357 times
Great location but a little dated,

Old 03-21-2009, 02:39 PM

34 posts, read 103,590 times
You're paying higher amounts because of the location.
You are right next to Dr. Phillips hospital, West gate resorts and down the road you have a brand new Whole Foods ("whole pay check") haha.

It's a great location sand lake and I-Drive are so close and it's a perk if you work for Universal or frequent Universal.

We looked at a place there but personally felt they were charging too much and it was based off location rather than amenities. Just IMO though.

Old 03-21-2009, 05:11 PM

1,065 posts, read 4,147,555 times
To purchase or rent? I do NOT recommend purchasing in there. Renting, maybe if it's cheap enough. Not so great management since each unit is individually owned and there are tons of foreclosures not paying their dues....causing some serves and amenities to get cut.

Old 04-04-2009, 10:43 AM

354 posts, read 1,273,752 times
I ended up renting a furnished unit for 3 months. I took a job at defense contractor nearby. I own a home in Sarasota/Venice area and don't want/need a 2nd home in Orlando. I wanted to just have a place close to work just for weekdays. Long term it doesn't make sense for me just to rent. Buying at a good price makes sense down the road. Especially a bank reo at a distressed price.

SLC - I have found that so far staff is good. and the place is very quiet. Pools and fitness center are being used and up to date. Maintenance seems to be on the job. The unit is not high end but effective. I even have w&d. I was looking more for good location/neighborhood than high end emenities. I know this is "faux" Dr. Phillips area not the real Dr. Phillips on Apoka/Vineland side. That being said it seems to be a good neighborhood free from encroaching crime unlike areas near Universal.

From a renters point of view I am sure you can get great deals out there.
There is so much available. The units I looked at on Conroy were cheaper but each one seemed to have its own problems. Serrano is higher end but they charge for water usage and split evenly with your neighbors. Coconut Palms was a step below SDC and neighbors fit the bill. Another McKinley prop near Seaworld has a lot of students from UTI auto/motorcycle school (rev rev and working on cars in the parking lot).

From a buyers point of view there are some foreclosures in SDC but not overwhelmed. I do fear that any condo complex I look at may become a sinking ship at some point (high HOA, low services and no capital for improvements!!!). I have seen some lookers on International dr. near the Vacation clubs also that look like good communties. The cable installer seemed to be a wealth of info on which areas were good/bad based on move-outs and tenants. I have yet to see a condo complex that does not have a foreclosure problem.

In the end I would take a good neighborhood over the great house.

Old 04-05-2009, 08:14 AM

8,276 posts, read 12,863,269 times
The area has numerous short sales, I have 2 listed there presently. The prices have fallen dramatically and for the area you really can't beat it. Where in Dr. Phillips can you buy a 3/2 for under 70k? Some of the units have been kept current so not all are dated.

Old 06-08-2009, 11:03 AM

2 posts, read 10,415 times
i want to rent villa on sand lake road florida how do i do this,ie granada villas
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando