Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-30-2010, 07:30 AM

2,563 posts, read 6,069,303 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lokahi View Post
I have friends that live in Baldwin Park and they love it. It's modeled after Celebration, kind of like a little town. They have been living there for 3 years and haven't had any problems. Altho, they did tell me that their HOA's are high and that their taxes are high as well. Other than that, they really like it. Best of luck!
Just so you know Baldwin Park was not modeled after Celebration. They are both modeled after Seaside, FL in the New Urbanism style.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-30-2010, 09:45 AM

4,194 posts, read 11,711,561 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DailyJournalist View Post
Have you checked out the College Park area or Orlando? I think it would fit your needs perfectly. It has a young prefessional crowd and is more diverse than the areas you stated.

MyCollegePark.com - College Park's Online Newsletter
Woah, DailyJournalist was actually honest and helpful back in 08, who would of thought.

Old 03-30-2010, 09:56 AM

26,585 posts, read 62,131,204 times
One of the major advantages to Thorton Park is the ability to walk to all the downtown nightlife.

Old 03-30-2010, 06:09 PM

163 posts, read 391,406 times
I would go with Thornton Park/lake eola area. Great restaurants, bars, lounges, and coffee shops all within a short walk. There are always rental signs up for the houses in the area and there are some beautiful condiminiums also.

Old 03-30-2010, 07:53 PM

9 posts, read 35,194 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EndersDrift View Post
I find it interesting when talking about Winter Park you all immediately jump to the very wealthy area. Go down Aloma and there's a ton of options to be looked at all in walking distance to a YMCA, Whole Foods, Publix, FedEx, Bagel shops, Coffee places, ethnic cuisine, FitnessTime Gym and Yoga, Tons of Restaurants, Fairbanks, Rollins/Park Ave. You'd also have a much shorter drive to any of the suburban places you might want like Costco, Gas Stations, Banks. There are ALWAYS people sitting outside of that area.

Since you're not working in downtown this would be your best option so you won't have to go in and out of downtown every day for no reason. It's completely walkable, active, and diverse. And its more centrally located so while you could go into downtown any time you wanted you could also get to other areas of Orlando a lot easier.

So I am glad that you posted about the "not so wealthy" area of Winter Park. My husband, kids, mom and I are moving to WP in about 3 years and after reading some of these posts, I was getting kinda nervous. We are not wealthy - but middle class. The opportunity is right for us to move in 2013 and we kinda just chose WP. PLEASE TELL ME WE AREN't MAKING THE WRONG CHOICE ~ not all of WP is upper class?

Old 03-30-2010, 07:59 PM

4,194 posts, read 11,711,561 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYladybug View Post
So I am glad that you posted about the "not so wealthy" area of Winter Park. My husband, kids, mom and I are moving to WP in about 3 years and after reading some of these posts, I was getting kinda nervous. We are not wealthy - but middle class. The opportunity is right for us to move in 2013 and we kinda just chose WP. PLEASE TELL ME WE AREN't MAKING THE WRONG CHOICE ~ not all of WP is upper class?
There are plenty of middle class homes in WP, even some lower class. Winter Park is just known for it's historic charming upper class areas.

Old 03-30-2010, 08:23 PM

2,563 posts, read 6,069,303 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GLS2010 View Post
There are plenty of middle class homes in WP, even some lower class. Winter Park is just known for it's historic charming upper class areas.
Yep this is pretty much it.

Winter Park jurisdiction is complicated. There is Winter Park Proper and Unincorporated Winter Park. Most of Howell Branch, Aloma, even University is Winter Park by address right down alongside Casselberry and even Winter Springs. Winter Park proper is by Park Ave and I believe about as far out as Lakemont. Not positive. But both parts of Winter Park are nice. A good part of 436 between Howell Branch and I think Baldwin Park Street is Winter Park. Cadyway area is all Winter Park. Lake Howell High School all the way down in what most would consider Winter Springs and where a lot of people in Casselberry go is actually Winter Park by address.

I don't really know exactly where proper is and where unincorporated is but thats the basics for you. There's a lot in Winter Park of all economic groups. Rollins College and Park Ave is old money and the historic core of Winter Park proper, its not even close to the whole though.

Old 03-31-2010, 08:08 PM

59 posts, read 250,002 times
I agree with everyone's comments here. I would suggest College Park or Thornton Park, not so much the others, and not Dr. Phillips either (too far from urban).

Old 04-12-2010, 07:29 AM

4,278 posts, read 5,187,124 times
Based on your post..Thorton Park......
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando