Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-20-2008, 06:00 PM

12 posts, read 31,328 times

Advertisements

As a longtime Windermere resident, I would stay stick with the part of Windermere that is really Windermere. If you are going to go gated, look at Isleworth and right around Isleworth. If it is too pricey, stay on the Dr Phillips side of Windermere on Apopka Vineland. There are nicer subdivisions heading north by the Mormon Temple. n The other big benefit is you are much closer to shopping and good Dr. Phillips restauruants. If you go on the newer side of Windermere along 535 heading into Winter Garden, it is less pricey, but closer to crime from the HWY 50 region.

Windermere prep is stuffy even for stuffy people. Windermere Elementary is +++ Great teachers and principal.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-31-2008, 07:33 AM

2 posts, read 3,667 times
Default looking at summerport also

hi I took was originally from ca, moved to mass, then nj, and now cant wait to get out of here. cant stand snow. my 4 year old is a huge swimmer/diver and this definetly will not be the place for her. I am worried about HOA and there rules. Most houses I have looked up are in the Summerport community. Are the rules really strict?

Thanks

Old 12-31-2008, 08:04 PM

67 posts, read 266,854 times
Summerport is a very relaxed and enjoyable place to live. I assume you would be purchasing a home. Normal keep the yard/ landscape tidy, pool area clean, no extra parking, etc. I like to have rules myself. Although ("shhh") there are a few I break! One thing I can't stand is the barking dogs! I would never let my children act like that. What is it with pet owners?

Old 12-31-2008, 09:40 PM

986 posts, read 3,551,423 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tiggergolf3 View Post
Summerport is a very relaxed and enjoyable place to live. I assume you would be purchasing a home. Normal keep the yard/ landscape tidy, pool area clean, no extra parking, etc. I like to have rules myself. Although ("shhh") there are a few I break! One thing I can't stand is the barking dogs! I would never let my children act like that. What is it with pet owners?
Do you live in Summerport, because as a realtor who specializes in the area, Summerport is one of the areas where the HOA doesnt look after the are, their pergola was surrounded by yellow keep clear tape for at least 6 months and i havent checked it in the last few days. The area as far as i can tell as a professional who is in the subdivsion once a week is falling apart.

Old 01-01-2009, 08:28 AM

2 posts, read 3,667 times
tiggergolf3

Thanks for the info. do you golf? My husband wants to join a league when we finally do get out there.

Old 01-01-2009, 11:24 AM

67 posts, read 266,854 times
Yes, I do live in Summerport. The tape has been removed and the structure fixed. I believe a vehicle smashed into the pergola making it unsafe. There were many empty homes in Summerport this summer. And, yes, many of the homes were not being taken care of. But the HOA did accomplish much work. I know we ourselves were cited for having a few weeds in the cracks of our driveway! Yikes! Many of the homes are now inhabited. It does make for a nicer community. Did you also know that Summerport will have their own elementary, slated to open fall 2009?

My husband does golf in a Disney league (May - Sept.); he is employed by Disney. I have looked everywhere for a women's golf league and am unable to find one. Because we get such a great Disney discount on their courses, there is no reason to join a private club. I'd love to find a group of women (in their 30s - 40s) who'd like to start a women's league. We could play on the Disney courses (with my discount). So if you play (and once you move down here), PM me. I think that answers the questions. PM if you have more specific questions. I know it is so difficult figuring out what/where. We've only been down here less than a year. BUT, we do LOVE it!

Old 01-01-2009, 02:48 PM

26,585 posts, read 62,061,326 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cfIfan View Post
Do you live in Summerport, because as a realtor who specializes in the area, Summerport is one of the areas where the HOA doesnt look after the are, their pergola was surrounded by yellow keep clear tape for at least 6 months and i havent checked it in the last few days. The area as far as i can tell as a professional who is in the subdivsion once a week is falling apart.
It also doesn't help that the developer went belly up and never finished fixing a lot of warranty issues.

Old 10-15-2010, 08:49 AM

1,065 posts, read 4,147,555 times
Summerport is a great neighborhood and very well taken care of. Most of the foreclosures the community saw on it's northern edge have been sold and are now being fixed up by the new occupants, The middle and southern parts of the neighborhood have always been well kept and look great.

If you want to know a bit more about Summerport, as it is one of the best options with a Windermere address Single Family homes from the upper 100's, check out Homes for Sale Summerport Windermere FL.

Old 10-15-2010, 10:54 AM

4,584 posts, read 4,199,647 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2KidsforMe View Post
One last thing, a friend of mine has recommended Windermere Prep in lieu of the public schools. Is it a nightmare of rich exclusitivity, or a place for a great education? Would it be worth the cost?
Thanks everyone!
Windermere Prep is known as the school kids go to when they can't get into Lake Highland Prep, Park Maitland, Trinity Prep, etc.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando