Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-02-2008, 06:04 PM

4 posts, read 9,143 times

Advertisements

I know i know im sure its on here 100000 times but im going to ask anyway because im sure my stipulations might be a bit different...

I will be moving to UCF for graduate school...what im looking for is some basic questions to be answers.

I am interested in either a apartment rather close i would like with in 5miles...but am willing to have it within 10 miles... IF not then A small house but if I have a house i could live a bit further....

Of course im looking for something cheap, safe, and just a one bed room ....it will just be me living at this place alone...I want some form of parking for a i have a Motorcycle and a car (I might sell my bike because its going to be a huge hassle to transport it)

I am coming from the Chicago area, im a male and 22. I dont party or drink...

I have read around the forum and have heard that Pegasus Landing or Pegasus Pointe are bad places to live...

Ill add once I think of more...and thanks in advanced for your reply...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-03-2008, 02:40 AM

1,988 posts, read 7,151,270 times
There are places on Orpington and Alafaya by Publix that are fairly new and designed for students.
The places on McCulloch east of Alafaya also look nice and contain a lot of students.
I cannot offer suggestions what it is like to live there, but there are some really rundown housing options on Alafaya immediate to the University as well that should be avoided. The best thing is to come take a look and get a feel for the complexes.

Old 04-03-2008, 06:03 PM

im hoping to find a quieter place and ill assume that means a bit further from campus....how affordable is renting a small house in that area? how much should i expect to spend for a 1br place....

Old 04-03-2008, 07:35 PM

1,988 posts, read 7,151,270 times
you should checks out craigslist in the area under rooms/shared.
there are usually a lot of homes in the oviedo/chuluota area that you rent with a roomate for a reasonable price. i often look more for curiosity purposes.
i think 800-900 should be your minimum when looking at places to kind of weed out some of the more problematic or run down complexes. it is definitely always cheaper to room with somebody =)

Old 04-03-2008, 07:53 PM

20 posts, read 97,502 times
I would check craigslist list. If you do use housing close to UCF you are going to get neighbors that like to party. It is a given! Sorry.

I am from Chicago too! It took some serious getting used to, but I love it now! Good luck with your move.

Old 04-03-2008, 10:38 PM

1,573 posts, read 4,064,560 times
You might want to rent a condo or apartment with a garage for your motorcycle, if you bring it. If you get an apartment complex on or near Alafaya or near the university, I'd be worried about theft of the motorcycle, and therefore you need some kind of garage or storage at the apartment.

Old 05-12-2008, 06:38 PM

beside "the list" what are the websites or name of apartments that I can look up? any near by towns that u all recommend?

Old 05-12-2008, 08:18 PM

7 posts, read 18,745 times
I've been using this one: Orlando Home Rentals, Homes for Rent in Orlando FL, Apartments, Houses for Rent, and Rental Homes in Orlando, Florida
It has homes, apartments, townhouses, etc.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando