Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-16-2018, 02:17 PM

4 posts, read 5,680 times

Advertisements

Hey Everyone,

I just landed a job in Maitland and will be moving to the area from New Jersey within the next month. I'm looking for your help in choosing a town to live in. My wife has family in the Clermont area so she would like to live close to them. So, I'm trying to find areas between Clermont and Maitland that meets the following criteria:

1. Commute to Maitland in 40 minutes or less
2. Suburb type of feel (not city / urban)
3. Luxury style apartment complex
4. Safe Neighborhood
5. We don't have kids so schools don't matter at the moment

I've been looking in Ocoee, Winter Garden, Clermont, Windemere. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-16-2018, 02:25 PM

27,200 posts, read 43,896,295 times
I would highly recommend looking in/around Maitland or Winter Park, as anything on the west side of Orlando is going to present a major hassle daily. Unless you're planning to be with family every other day during the week (versus on weekends), the premise of 40-45 minutes commute each way via toll roads could grow old quick. Check out the Village at Lake Lily for a nicer upscale complex close to work. http://www.villageatlakelily.com

Old 02-16-2018, 02:34 PM

3,951 posts, read 5,074,907 times
College Park, Orlando would be the top notch choice.

Quick ride to 408 Clermont, and not far at all from Maitland.

It's suburban, but Edgewater Drive does have a little bit of a downtown vibe to it.

One of the best areas in Orlando, minus the schools.

Old 02-16-2018, 02:35 PM

27,200 posts, read 43,896,295 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WithDisp View Post
College Park, Orlando would be the top notch choice.

Quick ride to 408 Clermont, and not far at all from Maitland.

It's suburban, but Edgewater Drive does have a little bit of a downtown vibe to it.

One of the best areas in Orlando, minus the schools.
I agree a good choice but lacking in upscale apartment communities if the OP can make do with an individual rental or perhaps a rented condo. It's also not as amenity rich as Winter Park for example either.

Old 02-16-2018, 02:41 PM

3,951 posts, read 5,074,907 times
Try

The Ivy Residences at Health Village (Apt. Complex Luxury)

or

The Wellesley on Edgewater Drive. (Beautiful Condo Complex- You'd have to rent from an Owner)

Old 02-16-2018, 03:22 PM

Thanks everyone for all of your awesome info. Could anyone provide any insight about where this place is located? It's The Oasis at Lake Bennet.
The Oasis at Lake Bennet - Luxury Apartment Homes in Ocooe, FL

Old 02-16-2018, 03:38 PM

24,397 posts, read 26,946,756 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chronik82 View Post
Hey Everyone,

I just landed a job in Maitland and will be moving to the area from New Jersey within the next month. I'm looking for your help in choosing a town to live in. My wife has family in the Clermont area so she would like to live close to them. So, I'm trying to find areas between Clermont and Maitland that meets the following criteria:

1. Commute to Maitland in 40 minutes or less
2. Suburb type of feel (not city / urban)
3. Luxury style apartment complex
4. Safe Neighborhood
5. We don't have kids so schools don't matter at the moment

I've been looking in Ocoee, Winter Garden, Clermont, Windemere. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
Will you be commuting to Maitland 5x per week?

Old 02-16-2018, 03:45 PM

Yea I will be commuting Monday - Fri

Old 02-16-2018, 04:53 PM

24,397 posts, read 26,946,756 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chronik82 View Post
Yea I will be commuting Monday - Fri
That would be a pretty cruel commute from SW Orlando such as Windermere.

Depending on your budget, I'd look into Winter Park, you could also check out Lake Mary too.

Old 02-16-2018, 05:45 PM

17,160 posts, read 15,373,458 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kyle19125 View Post
I would highly recommend looking in/around Maitland or Winter Park, as anything on the west side of Orlando is going to present a major hassle daily. Unless you're planning to be with family every other day during the week (versus on weekends), the premise of 40-45 minutes commute each way via toll roads could grow old quick. Check out the Village at Lake Lily for a nicer upscale complex close to work. Village at Lake Lily | Luxury Apartments for Rent | Maitland Florida
I agree with this.
You can't go wrong with Maitland/Winter Park.
Commuting from Ocoee, Winter Garden or Windermere to Maitland daily will likely require you to go via 408 to I4, which is an absolute horror during rush hour. I do it sometimes, and it's pretty bad. I4 from the 408 to Maitland during the morning is basically a standstill.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando