Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-25-2008, 01:24 PM

5 posts, read 23,904 times

Advertisements

Hi I am relocating to Orlando and recently looked around. I have to stay south or west in Orlando for my daily commute. I liked a new townhome community in Hunters Creek called Lynwood at Southmeadow. Does anyone have an opinion on the area, townhomes? (good or bad)
Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-25-2008, 05:06 PM

269 posts, read 1,010,251 times
I lived in Hunter's Creek and loved it. It is the only community in that area that I would ever consider living (don't fall for Deerfield or SouthChase or the other little communities) Hunter's Creek will cost you more, but it is well worth it.

Old 03-21-2008, 03:52 PM

54 posts, read 249,430 times
Lynwood at Southmeadow isn't in Hunter's Creek. It's a few miles east. It's closer to the Meadowwoods subdivision.

Hunter's Creek is a master planned community with distinct borders. With easy access to great shopping, restaurants, attractions, the turnpike, train station & the airport. The residents enjoy 7 parks with platgrounds, ballfields, tennis & basketball courts, lakes, nature trails, never ending sidewalks, clubhouses & community centers. All patrolled by home owner association hired off duty Orange county deputies.

Old 03-22-2008, 07:53 AM

109 posts, read 341,586 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by right-here-i-say View Post
I lived in Hunter's Creek and loved it. It is the only community in that area that I would ever consider living (don't fall for Deerfield or SouthChase or the other little communities) Hunter's Creek will cost you more, but it is well worth it.
What's wrong with Deerfield and SouthChase? We drove around there a bunch and the neighborhoods looked tucked away and peaceful, houses and lawns looked well-kept. Granted, it wasn't a wealthy area with huge homes, but it looked fine.

Old 03-22-2008, 04:58 PM

1,065 posts, read 4,145,135 times
Centex built if I remember correctly, I actually live in the exact same townhome models they built back in 2003 in the Waterford Lakes area. Centex is a great builder and the floor plans they have (while a little boxy on the outside) have GREAT use of space, and I haven't had any problems with consruction whatsoever, and they have aged well.

As far as the area goes, In and around Hunters Creek is the best area for the price. If you have a few extra bucks Dr. Phillips/windermere area has some nice townhomes you may want to check out. I know of a few other area's if you need some more in depth idea's. Where exactly are you going to be working?

Old 03-23-2008, 07:02 PM

986 posts, read 3,549,070 times
Default Hi there

To give you a brief history on Hunters creek, and this is going back to around 1990-1993. Back then, pre Celebration being built, was genuinley considered the premier community in central Florida. With celebration it kind of fell by the wayside a little, which is kind of a good thing because it doesnt attract too much attention. I would deffinatly check out Winter Garden, as there are some fantastic deals on townhomes, i even bought one for me and my family. Great prices, great access to everywhere.

Let me know if you need any further info but i would say as the others did, beware of certain areas in Hunters Creek

Old 03-25-2008, 08:46 AM

269 posts, read 1,010,251 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GinnyFavers View Post
What's wrong with Deerfield and SouthChase? We drove around there a bunch and the neighborhoods looked tucked away and peaceful, houses and lawns looked well-kept. Granted, it wasn't a wealthy area with huge homes, but it looked fine.
Nothing is horribly wrong with them. I moved to a similar neighborhood. After years of hearing all my friends wanting to move to Hunter's Creek, seeing Christmas lights on houses for 12 months a year, seeing pimped out flashy cars in driveways, roofs deteriating, I decided to move to Hunter's Creek.

I took less of a house, but my experience was much better. Hunter's Creek's homeowners association may be a pain in the...., but it really makes for a great community experience.

If you can afford Hunter's Creek, go for it. I'd rather be the poorest in Hunter's Creek than one of the richest in Deerfield or Southchase.

Old 03-25-2008, 09:45 AM

541 posts, read 1,994,662 times
We looked at homes there. We also have freinds that live there. I think it is way too built up now-bad traffic all the time due to the Loop. Lots of complaints from locals after that mall was built too.

Old 03-31-2008, 06:48 AM

874 posts, read 3,678,727 times
I've been living in HC for about 3 weeks now (relocated from NJ) and so far so good. The school system is excellent! Everything is central..mall, restaraunts, highways, airport..Its nice..pricey but nice. As I stated in another thread..the folks arent that friendly but the quality of life seems to be well worth it.

Old 03-31-2008, 06:50 AM

874 posts, read 3,678,727 times
Check out the Capris off of Hunters Creek Blvd..180 and up and if renting low 1,000s.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando