Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-24-2017, 09:48 AM

24,396 posts, read 26,940,258 times

Advertisements

I live in Dr. Phillips and it seems to be one of the most popular areas among Indian people in Orlando. I've met a lot of Indians here and one of my Indian friends who currently lives in Lake Nona is trying to move to Dr. Phillips as well because he says a lot of his family's customers are Indian and most of them live in Dr. Phillips.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-24-2017, 11:50 AM

5 posts, read 13,023 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bhavani.v View Post
Thank you so much!
Have 2 boys 1 is going 9th grade anther is going 6th grade. Which school is best Seminole or lake Mary high school?
Any idea if I good in lake Mary high school near Indian community ?
Thank you so much for sat courses information.
Lake Mary high school and markham woods middle school both comes location I didn't find pls suggest

Old 02-24-2017, 12:07 PM

27,188 posts, read 43,876,617 times
Quote:
Thank you so much!
Have 2 boys 1 is going 9th grade anther is going 6th grade. Which school is best Seminole or lake Mary high school?
Any idea if I good in lake Mary high school near Indian community ?
Thank you so much for sat courses information.
Seminole HS is best if you can get your 6th grader first into the Pre-IB program at Sanford Middle School. There will be a good number of Indian students in that program I believe. For the 9th grader you might be able to get into Seminole HS's IB Program as a transfer from another state by passing a test. Not sure though, so you might try to contact a counselor at Seminole to find out for sure. Attached is the information, you'll want to talk to Dr. Gilbert of Ms. Chirinos. If you cannot get one or both boys into Seminole HS, Lake Mary HS has a very good traditional curriculum and consistently has been an A-rated school.

Seminole High School > Guidance > Counselors

Old 02-24-2017, 11:08 PM

12,017 posts, read 14,317,847 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmw335xi View Post
I live in Dr. Phillips and it seems to be one of the most popular areas among Indian people in Orlando. I've met a lot of Indians here and one of my Indian friends who currently lives in Lake Nona is trying to move to Dr. Phillips as well because he says a lot of his family's customers are Indian and most of them live in Dr. Phillips.
Agreed, but there are pockets in Windermere, lake Mary and winter park as well

Old 02-25-2017, 04:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyle19125 View Post
Seminole HS is best if you can get your 6th grader first into the Pre-IB program at Sanford Middle School. There will be a good number of Indian students in that program I believe. For the 9th grader you might be able to get into Seminole HS's IB Program as a transfer from another state by passing a test. Not sure though, so you might try to contact a counselor at Seminole to find out for sure. Attached is the information, you'll want to talk to Dr. Gilbert of Ms. Chirinos. If you cannot get one or both boys into Seminole HS, Lake Mary HS has a very good traditional curriculum and consistently has been an A-rated school.

Seminole High School > Guidance > Counselors
Thank you so much for big help I will call counselors to find.

Old 02-27-2017, 06:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmw335xi View Post
Is dr.phillips high school good? In which area Indians will there?

Old 02-27-2017, 07:11 AM

24,396 posts, read 26,940,258 times
Quote:
Is dr.phillips high school good? In which area Indians will there?
I graduated from Dr. Phillips High. I attended years 11 & 12 there and for a public school, I thought it was pretty good. In the past, I've attended both public and private schools. Dr. Phillips and Winter Park are the best high schools in Orange County.

https://www.niche.com/k12/dr-phillip...ol-orlando-fl/

The official letter grade for Dr. Phillips High from the Florida Department of Education is a "B"

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/featu...htmlstory.html

Old 02-27-2017, 08:32 PM

3 posts, read 8,181 times
Got job in Deloitte lake Mary Florida.
Deloitte work place good?
Best school?
And need information about good Indian community and apartments?
Is lake Mary has Indian or which area better safe to live with family. Have 2 boys and they are middle school and high school .
Is Florida weather good and how about allergies ?
And cost of living we are from Texas.
Pls need all information to take desition.
Feels like Deloitte no 1 company as I know pls let me know all about school and area with Indian friends.
Thanks

Old 02-28-2017, 06:14 AM

27,188 posts, read 43,876,617 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Abcdef007 View Post
Got job in Deloitte lake Mary Florida.
Deloitte work place good?
Best school?
And need information about good Indian community and apartments?
Is lake Mary has Indian or which area better safe to live with family. Have 2 boys and they are middle school and high school .
Is Florida weather good and how about allergies ?
And cost of living we are from Texas.
Pls need all information to take desition.
Feels like Deloitte no 1 company as I know pls let me know all about school and area with Indian friends.
Thanks
Deloitte is apparently a very good company to work for. In terms of apartments you might check out Colonial Grand Apartments - Lake Mary which are within walking distance of Deloitte and walking distance (or a short car ride) of a good grocery store (Publix), drug store (Walgreens), Starbucks and dozens of restaurants. It's also a popular area for walking, running and riding bikes as it's right on a very nice trail that runs for miles. It's also very safe and in an excellent "A"-rated school district (one of the top few in the state). Florida weather is much like Texas and allergies would be fairly similar as we have lots of oak trees too. The cost of living is probably less if coming from Dallas-Ft Worth or Austin, and about similar to Houston. There is also a significant Indian community in the area starting with the apartment complex and in the surrounding area. Lake Mary has a population of just under 15,000 but has a very popular Indian market and two Indian restaurants.

Colonial Grand at Lake Mary - Apartments in Orlando FL - MAA
Spiceland Indian Groceries Store > Home
Shaan Indian Restaurant
Memories of India

Old 03-07-2017, 12:38 PM

3 posts, read 8,181 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kyle19125 View Post
Deloitte is apparently a very good company to work for. In terms of apartments you might check out Colonial Grand Apartments - Lake Mary which are within walking distance of Deloitte and walking distance (or a short car ride) of a good grocery store (Publix), drug store (Walgreens), Starbucks and dozens of restaurants. It's also a popular area for walking, running and riding bikes as it's right on a very nice trail that runs for miles. It's also very safe and in an excellent "A"-rated school district (one of the top few in the state). Florida weather is much like Texas and allergies would be fairly similar as we have lots of oak trees too. The cost of living is probably less if coming from Dallas-Ft Worth or Austin, and about similar to Houston. There is also a significant Indian community in the area starting with the apartment complex and in the surrounding area. Lake Mary has a population of just under 15,000 but has a very popular Indian market and two Indian restaurants.

Colonial Grand at Lake Mary - Apartments in Orlando FL - MAA
Spiceland Indian Groceries Store > Home
Shaan Indian Restaurant
Memories of India
Thank you so much! Got good information!
Can anyone help to move Dallas to Florida best? Need more information about Florida.
One of my friends telling Dallas schools very best then Florida is it?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando