Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-31-2013, 07:04 PM

7 posts, read 14,509 times

Advertisements

If you have any questions about Clermont, Annerk is the person to ask. I've asked a couple of questions over a year ago on this site and Annerk always answered them.

I moved in Decemeber of last year to Clermont and My family loves it. I'm married with two kids. We moved from Miami, Fl. It was getting to crazy down there. A lot of beautiful places to see, but not all that is cracked up to be. Anyways, we bought a home in October of last year and moved in December. My oldest goes to Lost Lake Elementary. Great school. A rated. I think all the schools are A rated in Clermont. I don't remember if you mentioned if you have kids, but when you guys have some, it's great to know the schools are great. Actually, the best in the county.

The city is awesome. A lot of things to do, especially if you're an outdoor person. We haven't noticed any crime going on. The chain of lakes here are beautiful. Don't want to keep on rambling, but I say do it. Move to Clermont.

By the way, my older sister moved over here in January from Jacksonville. She loves it. She actually moved to zip code 34715 in a new community called Verde Ridge. It's on the boder of Clermont and Minneola, in Clermont. We go there every other weekend to visit and the neighborhood seems very nice. Kids playing outside, parents talking to each other. They have an annual garage sale. Her kids a little older than mines. She has two kids in a school called Grassy Lake Elementary. I think that's the name. And her oldest goes to East Ridge Middle School. Both A rated. She's going to a new high school they built two years ago Lake Minneola High School. She's all excited because they use I Pads in the school instead of text books. (Crazy right?) Kids have it made today.

Anyways, hope I helped and best of luck to you in the future. If you any questions, keep asking Annerk, she's your lady. But I'll be more than glad to answer any.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-01-2013, 01:58 PM

26,585 posts, read 62,054,681 times
Hi Mia! Nothing wrong with 34715--on the south side where it's Minneola. Minneola schools are "A" rated (a few of Clermont's are "B" and not everyone goes to East Ridge--parts of Clermont go to South Lake High, which needs work.) Minneola has a great new dog park, and to be honest, it's kind of hard to draw the line between Minneola and Clermont. The only problem with Minneola is the taxes--they are pretty steep due to the bonding for the new water treatment plant they put in a few years back. I wouldn't want to be on the north side of 34715, it gets pretty rural pretty quick and I prefer having amenities close by.

Old 06-02-2013, 06:55 PM

15 posts, read 41,185 times
Would you know if there are jobs available around the Clermont area, especially truck driving jobs?

Old 06-03-2013, 10:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerseyboy View Post
Would you know if there are jobs available around the Clermont area, especially truck driving jobs?
I'm sure there are, but don't know of any specifically.

Old 09-14-2013, 12:16 PM

22 posts, read 49,462 times
Were moving to Clermont! In fact we have taken a few rides out there and really like the 34715 zip code my husband and I enjoy that its a bit rural but not to the point to where it's going to take us an hour to get to the closest publix. We are looking for a change, somewhere different to raise our son and I think we found what we were looking for. Were not going to be far from our friends and family in Orlando it seems like it's going to be the perfect fit. Downtown Clermont is so adorable total small town feel compared to downtown Orlando (which is where we live now).

I wanted to thank everyone who replied to my post with such great info!!

Old 09-16-2013, 09:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magic_Kingdom_Mama View Post
Were moving to Clermont! In fact we have taken a few rides out there and really like the 34715 zip code my husband and I enjoy that its a bit rural but not to the point to where it's going to take us an hour to get to the closest publix. We are looking for a change, somewhere different to raise our son and I think we found what we were looking for. Were not going to be far from our friends and family in Orlando it seems like it's going to be the perfect fit. Downtown Clermont is so adorable total small town feel compared to downtown Orlando (which is where we live now).

I wanted to thank everyone who replied to my post with such great info!!
That's not Clermont. It's part of Minneola and part of Lake County, but it is not Clermont. You will not have Clermont schools, police, or fire, you will not have activities restricted to Clermont residents. If indeed you have Minneola schools you're in good shape, although Minneola is facing a HUGE property tax rise due to the bonding for the water treatment plant.

Old 09-16-2013, 10:08 AM

22 posts, read 49,462 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by annerk View Post
That's not Clermont. It's part of Minneola and part of Lake County, but it is not Clermont. You will not have Clermont schools, police, or fire, you will not have activities restricted to Clermont residents. If indeed you have Minneola schools you're in good shape, although Minneola is facing a HUGE property tax rise due to the bonding for the water treatment plant.

Annerk thanks again for the info, I guess I was confused because the address of the few places we have looked at in the 34715 zip code were "Clermont". Thank you for pointing that out I had no idea I did know about the property tax increases and was wondering just how huge they were. Now my question is what type of activities would I be restricted from by living in the 37415 vs living in 34711?

Just when I think I have figured it out LOL!

Old 09-16-2013, 01:18 PM

There are recreational activities--sports leagues and such--as well as some kids activities that are limited to residents of the city of Clermont.

The tax increases could be 20% or more. They haven't really determined the full impact yet. Keep in mind you can't homestead for the first year, and with property values on the rise, taxes will do so as well.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando