Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-27-2013, 08:04 PM

83 posts, read 139,437 times

Advertisements

I drove it during rush hour sndbitbwas 25 min from lake nona from dr. Phillips. Its relative. Im sure if you are used to everything being close, it may seem far away. It still takes me 20 min. Just to drive to the mall where i live. And i think it was 20/25 minutes to the sanford zoo which i would use since i have young children. Thanks chopchop about the burglaries in baldwin park. I think baldwin wouldd be temporary because it wouldnt be a good fit for us.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-27-2013, 08:20 PM

2,129 posts, read 4,511,056 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by patish View Post
I drove it during rush hour sndbitbwas 25 min from lake nona from dr. Phillips. Its relative. Im sure if you are used to everything being close, it may seem far away. It still takes me 20 min. Just to drive to the mall where i live. And i think it was 20/25 minutes to the sanford zoo which i would use since i have young children. Thanks chopchop about the burglaries in baldwin park. I think baldwin wouldd be temporary because it wouldnt be a good fit for us.
20 minutes to the Sanford Zoo?! It's 40 minutes from Dr. Phillips and Lake Nona according to Google Maps.

Old 04-27-2013, 08:35 PM

1,696 posts, read 1,714,788 times
For an easy way to look at crime, put in an address of the area you are interested in into trulia.com. When the house pops up, check the map. There's a tab for 'crime' that will bring up a 'heat-map' of the area, with whatever police calls nearby. Run your cursor over any black dots for details on the incident. If it's all green, no police calls.

There is also a tab for schools.

Google maps will give you approx. times between areas and will even indicate current delays. Check it for several different times of day to get a feeling for what your daily commute will be.

Old 04-27-2013, 11:53 PM

12,017 posts, read 14,323,903 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brinkofsunshine View Post
20 minutes to the Sanford Zoo?! It's 40 minutes from Dr. Phillips and Lake Nona according to Google Maps.
Correct. I drive Dr Phillips to the airport all the time. Takes 20 mins just for that with reasonable traffic. I've done it in 15 mins at 6 am before though

Old 04-28-2013, 07:03 AM

83 posts, read 139,437 times
I was meaning from lake nona to sanford twenty minutes. I will check out trulia for traffic and crime and googlemaps too thanks. What i really loved about dr. Phillips is that everything is right there with the ymca and the sports to the spray park. It felt like a small town with a bigger city feel. Id never have to leave. The one thing i don understand is advertising being close to disney. Sure you can get to the parking lot quick but it takes an hour just to get to main street unless it one took a taxi maybe that would be quick? I love disney but being close is losing its value for me. I like dr. Phillips and windermere for other things.

Old 04-28-2013, 08:07 AM

2,129 posts, read 4,511,056 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by patish View Post
I was meaning from lake nona to sanford twenty minutes. I will check out trulia for traffic and crime and googlemaps too thanks. What i really loved about dr. Phillips is that everything is right there with the ymca and the sports to the spray park. It felt like a small town with a bigger city feel. Id never have to leave. The one thing i don understand is advertising being close to disney. Sure you can get to the parking lot quick but it takes an hour just to get to main street unless it one took a taxi maybe that would be quick? I love disney but being close is losing its value for me. I like dr. Phillips and windermere for other things.
You can get from Dr. Phillips to Disney property in 15-20 minutes. Got from Epcot parking lot to my friend's house in DP in 20 last night.

Old 04-28-2013, 08:20 AM

492 posts, read 1,025,227 times
There's no way to get from Lake Nona to the Sanford Zoo in 20 minutes. I just don't see how that is possible... even going 90 and taking 417. Maybe 30 if you're really lucky and hit zero traffic.

Or maybe I'm just crazy.

Old 04-28-2013, 10:18 AM

3,877 posts, read 3,896,280 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FloridaNative35 View Post
There's no way to get from Lake Nona to the Sanford Zoo in 20 minutes. I just don't see how that is possible... even going 90 and taking 417. Maybe 30 if you're really lucky and hit zero traffic.

Or maybe I'm just crazy.
I think it is very possible to get to Sanford. Not to sure about the zoo though that's almost Volusia County.

Old 05-29-2013, 07:09 AM

12,017 posts, read 14,323,903 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FloridaNative35 View Post
I have never heard of crime issues in Baldwin Park. Ever. Not saying that means they don't exist, but I'd certainly feel safe wandering around at night by myself (a small female) with no anxiety.

Lake Nona and Baldwin Park are pretty far from each other. Lake Nona is in the middle of nowhere, to be honest, but it is developing down there and will probably be a good place to live in 5+ years.

Baldwin Park is a separate community that is central to everything and has good schools. It is also probably a lot more expensive than Lake Nona.

If you like being in the middle of nowhere, go to the Lake Nona. If you want to be a nice community inside the city, choose Baldwin Park. The atmosphere, everything, is totally different. You really can't compare the places.
Quote:
Originally Posted by chopchop0 View Post
Add another to the list...

Three arrested in Baldwin Park burglary, may be linked to others | News 13

Old 05-30-2013, 08:46 PM

148 posts, read 339,603 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chopchop0 View Post

Ask anyone who lives in Baldwin Park ( I don't live there, but know many that do), crime has been an issue for a while. Car break-ins are fairly common, that recent story as posted by chopchop0 and wasn't there a story fairly recently about a cell phone thief threatening women with some weapon near Lake Baldwin? With that being said, I personally like Baldwin Park. If it was convenient to my office, I would not mind living there. Even one of my friends (whose car has been broken into twice) loves living there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando