Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-03-2012, 07:13 AM

3 posts, read 17,513 times

Advertisements

Just purchased a home in Lake Nona, can anyone tell me about the area?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-03-2012, 08:37 AM

2,580 posts, read 3,754,605 times
You want to know about the area after you've purchased a home?

It's one of the most crime-ridden sides of town.

Just kidding.

Lake Nona is expected to be a thriving part of town in the future due to the medical complex that is under construction. Lots of nice homes and such. It'll be your typical suburban area.

Old 09-03-2012, 02:05 PM

3 posts, read 17,513 times
Default Lake Nona

I did some research, and it was medical city that attracted me. I was just curious if anyone from the area could tell me their point of view. From what I have seen, it's a great place. It will take some getting use to the quiet.

Old 09-05-2012, 09:20 AM

2,682 posts, read 4,482,946 times
I like it. Reminds me of the 'burbs. It will be sometime though before the anticipated projects will be completed. By then I think it will resemble everything else, so enjoy it now.

Old 09-05-2012, 01:16 PM

27 posts, read 101,999 times
I've lived in the Moss Park area for the last 6 years and I really like it, there's nowhere else in the Orlando area I would rather be. Here are what I see as the pros and cons:

Pros:
- Mostly new so it is well maintained and quiet.
- Traffic is negligible in the immediate area
- Home values have bounced back a little better than most of Orlando
- Nice mix of people
- Good schools. Lake Nona High has Valencia College right next door and even offers college level courses in the HS. It's possible to graduate from HS with an AA degree! Maybe not unique to Lake Nona but I think that's cool.

Cons:
- Toll roads, ugh!
- Lack of stores and restaurants. It's slowly improving though, looking forward to Panera opening.
- 30 minutes away from everything
- Only one grocery store and gas station so prices are higher
- Did I mention tolls?

Like others have mentioned, it will resemble the rest of suburbia eventually but I am hopeful that there will be a little more careful planning in the area. Not holding my breath on that though.

Jeff

Old 09-05-2012, 02:15 PM

428 posts, read 1,083,700 times
Quiet?
You must have forgotten about the jets landing yards away!

Old 09-05-2012, 03:21 PM

27 posts, read 101,999 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by keithwand View Post
Quiet?
You must have forgotten about the jets landing yards away!
Ha, I forgot about that. I don't mind the planes but yeah, I suppose that should go in the Cons list.

Old 09-05-2012, 03:41 PM

2,682 posts, read 4,482,946 times
The planes don't make that much noise I don't think. Especially if you're on Narcoossee, at least I don't hear them.

Old 09-05-2012, 10:24 PM

13 posts, read 19,377 times
I lived there for 6 months, hated it.. Im from the big city, so i couldn't get use to it..
but it's a good place to raise a family. Quite. Schools close by. A lot of construction going on..
Just my 2 cents. lol

Old 09-08-2012, 02:55 PM

42 posts, read 185,801 times
I live in Lake Nona and love it. Peaceful. I am fairly new to the area, having moved here from Kansas. I commute to the industrial area over past the Florida Mall (roughly), but I can avoid the 528 Beachline some days. I think about moving closer, but there really isn't anything nice that's significantly closer. I'm sure you've discovered Publix, the good Italian restaurant near it, and the wine place off Narcoossee. Someone said it's crime ridden and I would disagree. It's been great. I would be happier if I knew more people here, and if you join anything, you usually have to drive a bit. And, I wish we had a Super Target...but you can't have everything.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando