Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-11-2014, 04:47 PM

8,963 posts, read 8,919,924 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by newyoricanpapi View Post
You don't like us Spanish speaking then. You have problems because more Spanish is moving to Orlando everyday, we moving soon also to Orlando in Avalon park.
yes they are. avalon pk good area for spanish speaking.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-05-2015, 12:52 PM

10 posts, read 26,064 times
Default @newyorican papi

Haha, no, I don't have a problem with anyone who speaks Spanish or any other language. I speak two myself! What I do have a problem with is the sense of entitlement, rudeness and attitude. What I DO have a problem with is the idea that there is no need or desire to assimilate. To me, that's lack of education. What I do have a problem with is the quality of the people here.
And yes, I am well aware of the changing demographics...
And I will always love to visit... To live? Hell no.
I come from a large city myself, I am well aware of what culture and diversity bring to a city to make it better. The problem here is there is no culture and very few people care enough to actually make it better.. It's all trash. Latin trash, white trash, Haitian trash.. You name it.. It's a dumping ground for all the trash of every race or ethnicity..people who can't make it anywhere else come here. So go enjoy your vida loca en el barrio and I'll enjoy my quality of life elsewhere. Peace out Papi. LoL

Old 03-05-2015, 02:14 PM

10 posts, read 26,064 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newyoricanpapi View Post
You don't like us Spanish speaking then. You have problems because more Spanish is moving to Orlando everyday, we moving soon also to Orlando in Avalon park.

Haha, no, I don't have a problem with anyone who speaks Spanish or any other language. I speak two myself! What I do have a problem with is the sense of entitlement, rudeness and attitude. What I DO have a problem with is the idea that there is no need or desire to assimilate. To me, that's lack of education. What I do have a problem with is the quality of the people here.
And yes, I am well aware of the changing demographics...
And I will always love to visit... To live? Hell no.
I come from a large city myself, I am well aware of what culture and diversity bring to a city to make it better. The problem here is there is no culture and very few people care enough to actually make it better.. It's all trash. Latin trash, white trash, Haitian trash.. You name it.. It's a dumping ground for all the trash of every race or ethnicity..people who can't make it anywhere else come here. So go enjoy your vida loca en el barrio and I'll enjoy my quality of life elsewhere. Peace out Papi. LoL

Old 07-17-2015, 06:47 PM

10 posts, read 15,156 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nothankyou2000 View Post
Lake Nona is a scam. The zoning is awful. The schools are not so great. It is turning into another future Kissimmee. Beware! Don't believe the hype! MORE Apartments, hotels galore, strip malls to come! Houses are on top of eachother. A TON of rentals. If you live in Village walk you will hear planes, a train, or 417 or all 3!!( depending on where you are). There is nothing "suburban" about a place with this much noise, and no front or backyards. Only in Orlando would this be considered "suburban" . This is going to be an extension of Osceola county. I would not invest here long term. We have lived here for 3 years and see it deteriorating really fast. Overcrowded schools, more than half are Spanish speaking from New York. They are building hotels next to subdivisions. We can't wait to get out of this chaos. It's going to be a cross between the Loop in Kissimmee and Waterford Lakes. No thanks!

You are so right!
They are already paving it as much as possible. The train, the planes, the congestion. HORRIBLE. And it's only going to get crazier. Just watch. We spent some time there and we are glad we didn't stay. We just couldn't get used to it. We wanted a suburb, but Orlando doesn't know how to do real suburbs, not with that crazy zoning.
I would not live there. If anyone is looking to move there>>>Do the research!

Old 07-17-2015, 07:33 PM

601 posts, read 460,075 times
I've lived in Lake Nona for most of the past 8 years and love it.

Old 07-17-2015, 07:54 PM

1,285 posts, read 1,397,581 times
I never lived there, but I remember Avalon Park back when it was nice....then trashy buyers of foreclosures and Section 8 renters moved in to demolish the place.

I hope that Lake Nona can survive. The rents and home values may be high enough that the infection doesn't spread in there too.

Old 07-21-2015, 09:07 AM

112 posts, read 259,528 times
I think Lake Nona is an beautiful area, but not yet ready for primetime. Needs a bit more build out. I do see Lake Nona becoming the most desirable place to live in the Orlando area in the future. With it's location to downtown, the attractions, the airport and Cocoa Beach.... Well you can't beat that in the area.

Old 08-30-2018, 09:48 PM

2 posts, read 2,492 times
Reading these posts but they seem kind of old? What’s the verdict on these areas as of 2018?
It’s been a few years?

Old 08-30-2018, 10:02 PM

24,407 posts, read 26,956,157 times
My friend lives there and loves Lake Nona . Tavistock is building a lot of great projects there. It’s one of the better areas to buy with a longer term outlook in my opinion.

Old 09-01-2018, 06:16 PM

66 posts, read 41,900 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Junie2018 View Post
Reading these posts but they seem kind of old? What’s the verdict on these areas as of 2018?
It’s been a few years?
Every neighborhood around it on all sides has gone Spanish, so Lake Nona will go Spanish too sooner or later. If that's not what you want don't move there.

It's the Celebration of Orange County.

That's the scoop, and you heard it here first.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando