Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-28-2007, 01:03 PM

23 posts, read 63,996 times

Advertisements

Hey,
I'm with an Irish TV series that's following 3 guys who roadtrip across the US in search of the quirky, wild, traditional and fun. We're going to be shooting in Daytona Beach and Orlando in late October... anyone out there have any suggestions for adventurous things to do or see in either city? Any cool events on at that time? Any zany ideas for local things we can have these guys do?
Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-28-2007, 01:34 PM

640 posts, read 3,077,251 times
There is an indoor skydiving experience. My son & nephew enjoyed it.

SkyVentureCorporate Website

Old 08-28-2007, 01:46 PM

88 posts, read 847,169 times
Default Bikes?

18th to 21st is Biktoberfest [url=http://www.biketoberfest.org/]Biketoberfest Daytona Beach Florida[/url] but maybe too early?

Quote:
Originally Posted by wilsol70 View Post
Hey,
I'm with an Irish TV series that's following 3 guys who roadtrip across the US in search of the quirky, wild, traditional and fun. We're going to be shooting in Daytona Beach and Orlando in late October... anyone out there have any suggestions for adventurous things to do or see in either city? Any cool events on at that time? Any zany ideas for local things we can have these guys do?
Thanks!

Old 08-28-2007, 02:23 PM

2,227 posts, read 8,220,328 times
do a test and see which drivers are the rudest nationwide. i bet orlando wins. tape it, and give us the results.

Old 08-28-2007, 04:05 PM

23 posts, read 63,996 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by backtofla View Post
do a test and see which drivers are the rudest nationwide. i bet orlando wins. tape it, and give us the results.

Thanks to all of you so far... the bikefest is too early, unfortunately. Skydiving looks cool. Any more ideas?

Last edited by sunrico90; 08-28-2007 at 08:29 PM.. Reason: off-topic

Old 08-28-2007, 07:35 PM

307 posts, read 2,107,672 times
Universal studios has great thrill rides, i'd stay on the ground though....someone needs to hold stuff like backpacks and coffee right? i'll think of something nutty for you guys to do!

Old 08-28-2007, 08:42 PM

1,573 posts, read 4,066,475 times
There's very little quirky or traditional about Orlando, Florida- take all the stuff that American exports overseas as culture + Disney, mix with a good dash of South American style wealth and poverty gap, and you have Orlando. That skydiving might be your best bet. There's an air museum up the road towards Daytona that has vintage airplanes. I don't know if Mt. Dora still has the vintage railcar going or not (it is called a Doodlebug, I believe), it might be worth looking into.

Daytona Beach is a pretty nice looking area if you just like beaches and beach towns. You will see alot of bikes out on the road to gawp at, even if it isn't bike week. There are also alot of bike shops there if you want to cover motorcycles at all. Go on a weekend and you'll see lot sof HOG types out on the road.

Old 08-29-2007, 02:13 AM

88 posts, read 847,169 times
Default Helicopter ride?

I don't know how amenable pilots are (or indeed whether they'd risk their licences!) but maybe a "bouncy" ride in a chopper over the area?

Old 09-06-2007, 09:36 AM

1 posts, read 2,822 times
You might check out the Daytona International Speedway. They have a Richard Petty driving experience, among other things. You can drive on parts of the beach. Also there is the boardwalk in Daytona Beach - it is under renovation, but there are some rides and things still there.

Old 09-06-2007, 11:09 AM

207 posts, read 926,753 times
You should checkout GatorLand (Welcome to Gatorland, the Alligator Capital of the World and Orlando's Best Half Day Attraction!) or a similar venue in Orlando.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando