Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-27-2011, 06:59 AM

388 posts, read 790,715 times

Advertisements

Does anyone have any input on this subdivision? We were just in Downtown WG last week and have some friends that live a couple blocks off Plant, but I've never heard or seen this development. We wouldn't purchase something for about another year, but I really like the style of homes and community feel I get through pictures. I know most people say to stay away from the WG area North of 50, but I really see it as an area that could really boom in the next few years. Thoughts?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-30-2011, 01:46 PM

13 posts, read 94,083 times
I'm a realtor speacializing in winter garden/ Windermere and winter oaks isnt a terrible area or anything, it really depends on personal preference, there's also a new development in the area called forestbrooke, with similar style houses, also there's some more neighborhoods of similar style near Windermere/ new winter garden area, if you'd like help feel free to send me a message. Thanks and have a great day!

Old 04-30-2011, 10:48 PM

986 posts, read 3,550,158 times
Hi there, Winter Garden is a great area, and has many great communities. As an agent who isnt new to the industry and specializes in the area, I have been saying what a great area Winter Garden is for a number of years now on these boards and only recently have many people realized this. The downside particularly at the moment are the extensive road works which are taking place on state Rd 50, also the further south on 535 you go the closer to Windermere you get which naturally is going to have a stronger effect on home prices in the future.

That being said this is a nice community with great prices currently and when the market comes back will of course increase in value as everywhere will.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Idealism View Post
Does anyone have any input on this subdivision? We were just in Downtown WG last week and have some friends that live a couple blocks off Plant, but I've never heard or seen this development. We wouldn't purchase something for about another year, but I really like the style of homes and community feel I get through pictures. I know most people say to stay away from the WG area North of 50, but I really see it as an area that could really boom in the next few years. Thoughts?

Old 04-30-2011, 11:04 PM

13 posts, read 94,083 times
Also try the oaks at brandy lake, it's right by winter oaks, by meritage homes. Very good prices, as well. But living in Bronsons landing two years I prefer the side of winter garden by the new winter garden village, it's great being able to drive a few minutes to go shopping for groceries or gas, and without hitting construction on colonial. Good luck!

Old 05-01-2011, 07:48 AM

8,276 posts, read 12,858,570 times
If one doesn't have kids and schools are not important Winter garden can be a perfect area. the actual downtown area is nice, like a flashback in time. There are certainly many parts of the town that are not well kept but the newer subdivisions have helped greatly. Bronsons is a great area but there are few homes and you can expect to pay $450k or more. There are some other areas and one would always have to ask ..why not Windermere which is a little further down 535.

Here are some of the things I propose are important to area selection:
1) are good schools needed?
2) where will work be
3) What leisure activities do you like?
4) What budget and size of home?
5) Do you like newer or older homes?
6) Do you like HOA type communities?
7) What sort of financing is needed? ..0% down, 3.5% down, 20% down?
8) Do you want the best deal you can find that is closest to the qualities desired?

These are a few things that will provide some direction as a neighborhood is selected. I suggest asking an agent that knows many areas, not just the one they live in. I have found what I value has little bearing on what others do.. Listen to what they want and seek to best fill what they say. If I go out with a person in a home I can understand quickly what area and homes they will want.

All the best,
ken

Old 05-02-2011, 09:18 AM

388 posts, read 790,715 times
Winter Garden, and specifcally the area that is walking distance from downtown, peaked our interest because we like older style homes and a more established sense of community. Schools won't be an issue for at least another 7-8 years, and employment will most likely be within 30 minutes of the area, even with traffic. We would prefer not to live in a cookie cutter development, hence us leaning torwards areas like Winter Park, Winter Garden, and the areas around downtown Orlando. My parents currently own a home in Lakes of Windermere, that we'll temporarliy live in, so I'm well versed with 535 and 50 construction. We might have to compromise as I think what we're searching for under $250k might not be available to us, but we have plenty of time to look.

Old 05-02-2011, 09:34 AM

986 posts, read 3,550,158 times
Winter Oaks is a nice subdivision and there are plenty of homes within your budget. If your looking for more of the non subdivision homes then there are a number of choices available to you, with homes on the back streets within walking distance to Plant St which is the main Street running through Winter Garden. Indeed there are older homes including homes from the 1980s, and also newer homes available. Indeed there is one home which was custom built on one of the back streets which is a newer modern home but is surrounded by older homes so you get the best of both worlds. Add to that walking distance to downtown Winter Garden and the great restaurents and farmers market and great antique and flower festivals that are held throughout the year there, makes it a great place to live.

Nick
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Idealism View Post
Winter Garden, and specifcally the area that is walking distance from downtown, peaked our interest because we like older style homes and a more established sense of community. Schools won't be an issue for at least another 7-8 years, and employment will most likely be within 30 minutes of the area, even with traffic. We would prefer not to live in a cookie cutter development, hence us leaning torwards areas like Winter Park, Winter Garden, and the areas around downtown Orlando. My parents currently own a home in Lakes of Windermere, that we'll temporarliy live in, so I'm well versed with 535 and 50 construction. We might have to compromise as I think what we're searching for under $250k might not be available to us, but we have plenty of time to look.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando