Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-28-2010, 10:41 AM

4,167 posts, read 9,346,116 times

Advertisements

Yes there are a contingency of away team fans for big teams like NYK, Celts, Lakers but it doesn't bother me at all because they teams have big contingencies everywhere. I worked across the steet from the Boston Gardens and anytime these teams came into town even the Green in the Garden had noticeable patches of Purple, Blue, etc. What would be concerning is if a team like Charlotte or Indy came into town and their was a large contingency of those fans. For what's it's worth I've been that guy before. While living in Boston, I wore my True Magic Blue to a Magic-Celts game and I still like the Celts-as long as they're not playing us. Overall Magic games are alot of fun and fans are generally loyal. I know alot of die hards like myself and know it will only get better with the new arena.

Now to the actual question. If we are to improve this year we have to take adantage of ALL our assets. We may not have the huge starting line-up Miami does but we have a DEEP team. We gotta find line-ups and rotations that get all our guys on the floor and confuse the other teams. Rashard should start interchangeable with Bass and Richardson at the 3 and 4 spot depending on the other teams line up. I think Dwight and Marcin should share the floor more option, the Twin Towers approach seemed to be pretty good last year. There could be times when we have 2 point guards in (Jameer and Duhon) and 2 shooting guards in (Vince and JJ) just to switch it up. We have a very dynamic team, we have to capitalize on that.

Side note-going to the public open house this Sat with my nephew. Can't wait! Tickets are already gone for this free event.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-28-2010, 10:50 AM

2,168 posts, read 5,057,577 times
The word from Stan is that Bass is going to start at power forward this year to take the rebounding pressure off Dwight so he can put more effort into his offensive game. Rashard will start at small forward, where he is meant to be. I think this is great news. I don't have a link to the story, but that is what they were saying yesterday evening on 740 AM.

Old 09-28-2010, 11:55 AM

8,963 posts, read 8,935,027 times
That's good. Bass is a good player, he just needs PT.

Old 09-28-2010, 12:52 PM

92 posts, read 227,638 times
I like moving lewis back to sf but I still think they need to trade him he's not worth what they are paying him (and the reason they won't be able to trade him too)

Old 09-28-2010, 12:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiyen View Post
I like moving lewis back to sf but I still think they need to trade him he's not worth what they are paying him (and the reason they won't be able to trade him too)
Exactly...he's untradeable.

Old 09-28-2010, 01:52 PM

8,963 posts, read 8,935,027 times
Anyone remember what they signed Lewis for? Wasn't it like 7 yrs / $92m or something?

Old 09-28-2010, 03:12 PM

4,167 posts, read 9,346,116 times
$115 million. Unfortunately there are no foreclosure processes for signing a player in a hyped market. I kid, I like Rashard alot and think he hasn't reached his full potential in Magic jersey yet because we haven't utilized him properly. In situations where there is another outside shooting or undersized power forward, he should be kept in PF. But when it's a stronger, more physical PF or a smaller SF we should be utilizing him mostly at SF. Throughout his entire career at Seattle he played his natural position, SF. If we get back into playing more of his natural role I think we'll get more of our money's worth.

Old 09-29-2010, 01:59 AM

92 posts, read 227,638 times
yeah but like when in seattle he disapears late season/playoffs. he's a bum imo. A BUM I TELLS YA all jokeing aside if they really want to win and win it all they need to feed the big man and he NEEDS to his his FTs

Old 09-29-2010, 06:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiyen View Post
yeah but like when in seattle he disapears late season/playoffs. he's a bum imo. A BUM I TELLS YA all jokeing aside if they really want to win and win it all they need to feed the big man and he NEEDS to his his FTs
That was definitely not the case when in the 2009 playoffs when we went to the Finals. Rashard was the one hitting clutch, game-winning 3-pointers left and right throughout the playoffs. Without him we would have done nothing as Turk was the one playing like a bum. Now, the 2010 season was a totally different story. Lewis fell off the map and looking nothing like he did in the 08-09 season.

Old 09-29-2010, 06:45 AM

570 posts, read 1,154,379 times
Bass is a beast. Rashard will only get better as with nelson and howard. Adding vince carter was the worst move ever by the magic since trading mcgrady for francis mobley n cato then trading the last 2 away.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando