Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-28-2007, 02:31 PM

4 posts, read 15,179 times

Advertisements

My husband is going to be attending Full Sail University so we are moving! This is quite a move as we currently live in WV. We would like to live in Winterpark due to low crime rate and because the school is there as well. Can anyone help me find apartments that are close to the school and more importantly aren't horribly anal about credit? Or if they are they would at least allow a co-signer.

Any and all help is appreciated.

Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-28-2007, 02:53 PM

631 posts, read 2,457,781 times
You don't want to live near Full Sail and especially anything on Aloma. I have known 2 people who lived in that part and had horrible experiences. If I were you I would look for apartments in Casselberry and just drive the 5 or so miles to school. Casselberry is safer and has new/updated shopping. Although Full Sail's address is Winter Park, it isn't the part of Winter Park raves about.

Check out Newport Colony. I lived there back in 1994. They were nice then and I assume still are ok. There's a lake over there too and a couple of apartment complexes is on that lake and are pretty nice.

None are upscale, but I think they would work with you and your credit.

Old 06-28-2007, 06:05 PM

95 posts, read 434,680 times
I hope you have looked into the school before you decided to plunk down money for training. The school is expensive and is not accedited. Many many people complete their program and can not find jobs. The credits earned at the school are not transferable to other schools. Do not look to the placement office at the school to help with a paid job after the training. They may find you an internship but no paid job. I only know about all this from reading the local paper and from friends who have attended. If you want more info, just google "full sail" and complaints. You will find a lot to read. Hate to tell you this but apartment complexes are very touchy about applications and credit. Please look before you leap. You may end up in Orlando with useless training and a ton of student loan debt and no way out.

Old 06-28-2007, 09:11 PM

4 posts, read 15,179 times
Default Re

Does anyone know anything about the Lee Road area?

Thanks!

Old 06-29-2007, 06:46 AM

1,418 posts, read 10,211,687 times
Lee Road, west of I-4 is not that great. East of I-4 is mostly business districts, but there are some older condo/appartments that might be marginally ok on the East part. You just have to go check them out.

On 436, just south of University (w/in about 1 mile from Full Sail) is an older appartment complex that is set back off of 436 called Whisper Lake. I used to live there about 15 years ago, and it was a pretty decent appartment complex for the price. It's nothing real fancy, but I liked it because it was set back off of the road, was fairly well maintained, and fit within my budget and was convenient to my work. I've lived off of Aloma as well, and would not recomend any of the appartment complexes off of Aloma, nor any of the other ones that sit right on 436, until you get up into Cassleberry - some decent ones up there, north of Howel Branch road.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando