Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-19-2010, 09:41 AM

165 posts, read 588,997 times

Advertisements

I would really like to hear from people that have kids in the Celebration school district, or have had kids in the Celebration school district. I'm really considering Celebration due to relocation and my kids can be in the same school for the next few years, however I was not overly impressed by the website for the school. What kind of after school activities are there for the kids? Overall opinions? Thanks so much to anyone that takes the time to repy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-20-2010, 07:03 PM

146 posts, read 468,679 times
I was looking to move there with my family in 2001. At that time, the schools were using innovative educational approaches and technology. They had many sponsors which included Sun Microsystems and other nationally known backers. Residents who purchased early were ecstatic and bought there based on a the great public education. I toured the school and spoke with some of the teachers and they came from all over the country to work at the new school.

We never moved there but I believe in about 2004 Osceola County wanted a high school built there that would be open to just not Celebration residents but to Osceola County residents. I believe over the past 5 years, the high school has barely met FCAT standards. From what I read over the years many residents were disappointed in Osceola building the high school and feel that even though they are paying high taxes they need to send their kids to private schools for a quality education.

Here is the education data from city-data
https://www.city-data.com/school/cele...school-fl.html

And an article and some history of Celebration
http://bill.ballpaul.net/media/Celebration_reading.pdf

Old 07-29-2010, 01:03 PM

165 posts, read 588,997 times
Thank you for the info.

Old 10-22-2010, 07:46 AM

1 posts, read 2,528 times
Question Celebration School Systems in 2010?

It is now 2010 does anyone have any updated opinions about the Celebration School System because I am trying to decide if I want to purchase a home there.

Old 10-24-2010, 11:13 AM

8,276 posts, read 12,868,057 times
The high school does not score high. and hasn't If you want good scjhools they are ...

oveido, winter park, dr phillips, boone, olympia... some of the seminole county schools near Lake Mary are good as well.

Old 11-01-2010, 02:36 PM

428 posts, read 1,083,700 times
Move to Baldwin Park; we did. Same concept.

It was Celebration that brought us here; we loved the whole town.
We then heard about Baldwin Park and moved here instead away from the attractions.

Close to anything you need and the schools are Winter Park althought we do not have school age kids so thats all I know.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando