Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oregon
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-03-2012, 04:02 PM

8,000 posts, read 17,342,906 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by beachgoer321 View Post
Unfortunately the city data report information is incorrect about the reported crimes. As a former resident of Bandon they do not report the major crimes info about the city as it would detour tourist dollars which is a main staple of the town. You can search on the web under murder, death, methamphetamine, drug busts etc. for Bandon and the information is there. This is an extremely drug laden town with a higher than average amount of crime. It is a dangerous back woods attitude town to visit. Nobody tell is a great motto for this place. You can walk around town and see the drug addicts with the pastey grey skin. Marijuana, methamphetamine and now heroine on the rise. Not a great place for children. A doctor told me in an adjacent town that over 50% of the middle school kids are reported using drugs. Pretty high amount considering the entire population of the town is just over 3000.
This is not a Bandon thing. It is a Coastal thing. All of it.

Coos Bay (Empire/Charleston/Bunkerhill) is the worst in the state.

The 50% number is untrue.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-03-2012, 05:51 PM

33 posts, read 81,416 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Pickering View Post
This is not a Bandon thing. It is a Coastal thing. All of it.

Coos Bay (Empire/Charleston/Bunkerhill) is the worst in the state.

The bad thing is people get the idea Bandon is one of the safest towns because of the costly real estate. Not so. They are very closed minded to anyone moving there that will not jump on board to "promote" what they are doing and if you do not go along then you will pay for it one way or another. I lived in all those areas my entire life and I will tell you it is the drug mecca. I moved back to Bandon after being gone for several years and could not believe the trash talking of drugs out of kids mouths when they are walking down the streets after school. You have to park along the school road to get your child and they all walk by your cars from all the schools. Sickening to hear. I will say the blatent talk and boasting from kids of the idea that if they can't make it in a real job they will just obtain there marijuana growers license to make money is real. Worse than the city I moved there from ever was with the out in the open talk. You can drive along and it has more medical marijuana shops from Coos Bay to Bandon than the second largest city in Oregon. I will tell you I have police in my family in every aspect of law enforcement. Moderator cut: snip The child abuse rates are sky rocketed from the drug abuse plus the garbage economy on that strip of coast. It is bad and has been for many years. It is all inner linked Coos Bay, Coquille, Myrtle Point, Powers, Bandon, Charleston, Empire, Lakeside, clear up to Depot Bay plus you have one of the biggest biker drug gangs the Gypsy Jokers. They were given that area from the Hells Angels during a drug skirmish for territory. You also have drug runners from Mexico and Northern California area. Advise stay far away from that place. It truely is the dark side of the planet. Moderator cut: snip

Last edited by Kimballette; 10-03-2012 at 09:11 PM.. Reason: fixed quote tags/inappropriate language/copyright issues

Old 10-04-2012, 12:41 AM

Quote:
The bad thing is people get the idea Bandon is one of the safest towns because of the costly real estate. Not so. They are very closed minded to anyone moving there that will not jump on board to "promote" what they are doing and if you do not go along then you will pay for it one way or another. I lived in all those areas my entire life and I will tell you it is the drug mecca. I moved back to Bandon after being gone for several years and could not believe the trash talking of drugs out of kids mouths when they are walking down the streets after school. You have to park along the school road to get your child and they all walk by your cars from all the schools. Sickening to hear. I will say the blatent talk and boasting from kids of the idea that if they can't make it in a real job they will just obtain there marijuana growers license to make money is real. Worse than the city I moved there from ever was with the out in the open talk. You can drive along and it has more medical marijuana shops from Coos Bay to Bandon than the second largest city in Oregon. I will tell you I have police in my family in every aspect of law enforcement. Moderator cut: snip The child abuse rates are sky rocketed from the drug abuse plus the garbage economy on that strip of coast. It is bad and has been for many years. It is all inner linked Coos Bay, Coquille, Myrtle Point, Powers, Bandon, Charleston, Empire, Lakeside, clear up to Depot Bay plus you have one of the biggest biker drug gangs the Gypsy Jokers. They were given that area from the Hells Angels during a drug skirmish for territory. You also have drug runners from Mexico and Northern California area. Advise stay far away from that place. It truely is the dark side of the planet. Moderator cut: snip

Again not compleatly true. There are only two dispenseries in the area. A false claim at best.

Also the Jokers are not the local club. That would be the Free Souls.

Bandon is one of the safest towns on the coast.

And Powers had the highest scores of any school in the whole state.

Anyone who knows me also knows I sugarcoat nothing.

Old 10-04-2012, 01:08 PM

Quote:
Do you live in Bandon Mr. Pickering? Or any of the towns I mentioned? Do you have law enforcement in your family that you can rely on to tell you the factual truth on instances arrising and the situations behind them? I am curios where do you obtain your facts on the towns? ... ...
I did, Yes, and Yes.

Moderator cut: snip

My Family has been in the area for seven generations , and most of them still are throughout the county, and I am twenty-five years older than you. I myself also wore a badge for several years.

Flat out, your research is incorrect.

Does that answer your question?

Oh yes, I am also a patch wearing member of one of those so called "Biker Gangs" so I am pretty sure I know what I am talking about.

Last edited by Kimballette; 10-04-2012 at 07:17 PM.. Reason: Discuss the topic instead of each other, self promotion, etc.

Old 10-04-2012, 01:41 PM

@ Mr. Pickering, I am involved enough to speak out against child abuse, mandatorily report crimes when I see them or hear them what ever it is. I am involved enough to not have a criminal record of any kind, involved enough to have already recognized your name and also you do not live there on a regular basis now. I am involved enough to help the poor through donations on a regular basis because it is an endless battle in this area although I do not see what any factor of my person life has to do with spreading the word about the crime here and I am sure you can't argue with the fact that the stories I have mentioned were all in local news papers as well as many, many more. I am sure not all patch wearing individuals commit crimes just like not all people have to be on TV to know news. I am also very positive that unless you are completely bias in your reporting you can not argue with the fact that there are many stories that have made it to the news concerning that area for drugs, murder and more stemming over many, many years. It is a mecca for the attitude of do what you want and keep your mouth shut. Unfortunately that is how people get hurt, taken advantage of and like Coos County the end result alot of times is the children suffer. I am not tryin to attack you sir but people should be informed before they move into or vacation at a community and have a false sense of safety. I am curious since you claim to be so involved in reporting the news how you could have missed the stories I have listed and should have known that the information is not being reported to citi data about Bandon when they have murder listed at 0 the whole time. What a shame. I believe you have said all you need to say directed at me and I would greatly appreciate it if you would direct your posts else where as I do not recall asking you at any time to start an information war over my posts which I have truthfully stated and all stories I have mentioned can be found on the web in various forms such as local news papers, police logs, SCINT web sites, State police web sites, you can also search other articles by news writers and even get information through the department of justice and attorney generals office. In one of the first reports by the states department of justice about 6 years ago done on the issue the report claims the state is thick with homegrown gangs - including bikers, street thugs and convicts - and criminal networks with tentacles in Asia and former republics of the Soviet Union, the 43-page document says. When searching child abuse, drugs etc. Coos County is among the top in alot of categories. Thank you for your input. Good day.

Last edited by beachgoer321; 10-04-2012 at 02:13 PM..

Old 10-04-2012, 01:56 PM

I am not going to turn this thread into a He said She said contest. Your statements are untrue and biased by your perceptions. The press and agencie reports do not support your misinformation. You are drifting way off topic also. Neither one of us currently live in Bandon so what is your point in bringing that up? I answered your question for you. You asked and I gave you the facts. You may hate it there, but most others don't. I may post the negitives, but I also post the positives.

Back on topic. It's a nice area. One of the nicest on the coast and is far removed from being a Coos Bay bedroom community. The crime is low as reported.

Old 10-04-2012, 07:19 PM

3,391 posts, read 7,164,084 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Pickering View Post
I am not going to turn this thread into a He said She said contest.
Good. Then let's discuss the topic and not each other, please. That goes for everyone in this forum.

Old 10-05-2012, 03:47 PM

Here is a web site to check out details on the problems of the drug abuse issues in Bandon and what exactly they have a problem with and where it comes from.
Drug Alcohol Rehab: Drug and Alcohol Addiction, Treatment, and Rehabilitation Information in Bandon, Oregon

Last edited by beachgoer321; 10-05-2012 at 04:15 PM..

Old 10-05-2012, 03:55 PM

3,391 posts, read 7,164,084 times
Since the conversation veered so completely away from the o/p's original post, I moved the off topic posts to a new thread. Please keep the discussion civil, not personal, and on topic.

Old 10-05-2012, 10:10 PM

197 posts, read 459,485 times
Quote:
Here is a web site to check out details on the problems of the drug abuse issues in Bandon and what exactly they have a problem with and where it comes from.
Drug Alcohol Rehab: Drug and Alcohol Addiction, Treatment, and Rehabilitation Information in Bandon, Oregon
Every town or city on that site say the same thing no matter what town or city you click.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oregon