Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oregon
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-19-2012, 01:04 PM

16 posts, read 21,640 times

Advertisements

I dont read everyone replies so this might be a repeat of what someone else already said?
Our side of the mountain is great for mushroom picking (I am talking just mushrooms). There are rules these days!! I have no idea about the coast line.
I photograph mushrooms..... with that said, you will get fined if caught with whole picked mushrooms. You will get ran off if the professionals are out there. This is a thriving business that many folks just do not understand.
Do yourself a favor and find out all the state rules and regulations. This way no tickets. Familiarize yourself with locations and time of the professionals as well as the edible and the mushrooms that mirror those edibles.
We hate to read in the newspaper that someone ate the wrong mushroom, or ate the right mushroom at the wrong time of the year. Or got caught up in a territory war.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-20-2012, 09:44 PM

8,000 posts, read 17,341,146 times
Never go mushroom picking without a sidearm.

Old 12-31-2012, 10:10 PM

1 posts, read 875 times
Anaya, my Husband and I moved to Burns, Oregon about a year and a half ago. We moved from a big city at the bottom of Calif. Talk about a difference. It is so Wonderful here. We are about 230miles East of Bend on Hwy. 20 with only about 6,300+/- people in a widespread area. We are "Cattle Country". If you want to pick Mushrooms, berrys, plants or just about anything, you only have about a 15min to 40min. drive to get up into the Pine country. We found out this year that you can get a permit for $5. and go chop your own Christmas tree and they give you maps. There is so much open space here you can go camping in any of our fine campgrounds or most open land you can camp for free. We started growing our own berries not to long ago and last spring we grew our first garden of Corn. It hasn't been to hot here and even if it's warm in the day, the nights are comfortable. The Winter does get cold sometimes. Doesn't rain too much if anything, it Snows and is such a beautiful sight. In the Spring we have the John Schaifer Bird Festival. There are millions of birds and animals the migrate through here and stay at the nearby ponds and refuges. It's Amazing in our opinion! There are so may lake and streams following the roads. This is Burns, Oregon -Harney County. Have a Safe and Happy New Year.

Old 01-01-2013, 09:52 AM

6,464 posts, read 13,443,694 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Pickering View Post
Never go mushroom picking without a sidearm.
Word. Between those guys and the illegal growers out there it's really easy to get into trouble without knowing it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oregon