Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Orange County
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-03-2015, 08:11 PM

347 posts, read 667,269 times

Advertisements

For all of those that love food, you won't want to miss this!

-Official opening is Monday February 16th.
-Soft opening is during the 'Savor Santa Ana' event Thursday the 12th.

Just one of the many delicious things opening up:
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-04-2015, 09:16 PM

115 posts, read 191,627 times
Looking forward to see what the 4th Street Market has to offer. Best wishes to Ryan Chase and all the entrepreneurs who will be operating there. Portola Coffee Lab is an outstanding tenant for that location. I also understand one of the partner who runs The Playground restaurant will be offering Wagyu beef burgers.

The only downside I see is that there are several food hall venues in Anaheim, Tustin, Costa Mesa, and even in Mission Viejo that they will be competing against. I wonder how they will be differentiating themselves.

Old 02-05-2015, 08:18 PM

5,888 posts, read 13,015,161 times
looks like gentrification is happening in Santa Ana.
The good side is that the low life element will be flushed out (and move to the 909)
The bad side is that many good lower-income families will no longer be able to afford living there...

Old 02-05-2015, 08:42 PM

3,830 posts, read 4,666,124 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DinsdalePirahna View Post
looks like gentrification is happening in Santa Ana.
The good side is that the low life element will be flushed out (and move to the 909)
The bad side is that many good lower-income families will no longer be able to afford living there...
Santa Ana is a big city. The whole place is not going to gentrify over night (and I doubt that much will other than the historic areas, but I could be wrong).

Old 02-05-2015, 09:04 PM

5,381 posts, read 8,693,385 times
I suspect that more and more middle-income earners will move to Santa Ana as they try to escape from very high rents in nearby cities. The presence of new shops and eateries will be an added incentive.

I also suspect that SA property values will increase once the generally older and wealthier set decides to open up expensive boutiques, high end restaurants, art galleries, etc.; and also moves into lofts.

Old 02-06-2015, 12:04 PM

1,424 posts, read 2,490,144 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fast Cat View Post
Looking forward to see what the 4th Street Market has to offer. Best wishes to Ryan Chase and all the entrepreneurs who will be operating there. Portola Coffee Lab is an outstanding tenant for that location. I also understand one of the partner who runs The Playground restaurant will be offering Wagyu beef burgers.

The only downside I see is that there are several food hall venues in Anaheim, Tustin, Costa Mesa, and even in Mission Viejo that they will be competing against. I wonder how they will be differentiating themselves.
4th street market isn't an End All upon itself like the other places are. It has an urban appeal, meaning that it is a place you will be able to visit for food before going to a show at the Yost or the Copper Door, for drinks at Chapter One or North Left or dancing at Proof and Velvet.

I work for the Anaheim Packing House, and the success of the Packing House has been to the detriment of other tenants across the way in the Packing District. The Anaheim Brewery took an early stake in the neighborhood by establishing itself there, but the attention has been swooped up by the Packing House to the point that many people visiting the Packing House have no idea it even exists.

It has also taken attention away from Center Street Promenade and its many great offerings. I've walked the five minutes it takes from the Packing House to Center Street Promenade many times, and even when the Packing House is so busy, people are driving for 30 mins to an hour looking for parking, Center Street is dead. The city has done a very poor job in managing the flow of people. On the Packing District website, you see that they recommend you park at the parking structures off of Center Street (which are like a 5 to 8 min walk, depending on your pace, to the Packing House), but no one ever does.

Essentially Anaheim is attempting to create some semblance of an urban environment, but it still has a LONG way to go. That's okay, it is making good progress, but this is where 4th street market has the upper hand. The market will be an integral part of the greater DTSA business community, as opposed to an isolated island (like the Packing House), that you drive to and park, and then walk back to your car when you're done.

Old 02-06-2015, 12:09 PM

1,424 posts, read 2,490,144 times
I haven't been to the food halls in Tustin and Mission Viejo (I don't think they are open), but the OC Mart Mix isn't too different than the Packing House in that it is some place you go part in front of, visit, and then go back to your car. It doesn't mean that it isn't an amazing space (I love it actually), but isn't connected in a pedestrian focused manner, which (again) is what will give 4th street market the upper hand.

Old 02-06-2015, 02:47 PM

2,821 posts, read 3,540,389 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pacific2 View Post
I suspect that more and more middle-income earners will move to Santa Ana as they try to escape from very high rents in nearby cities.
They'll have to battle the gang bangers and illegals for their turf. Wont be pretty.

Old 02-06-2015, 05:55 PM

23,593 posts, read 37,495,600 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mbell75 View Post
They'll have to battle the gang bangers and illegals for their turf. Wont be pretty.
Not to worry. They'll all be moving to "the 909." "THE?" Is that for real?

Old 02-06-2015, 08:13 PM

9,807 posts, read 11,150,706 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Curmudgeon View Post
Not to worry. They'll all be moving to "the 909." "THE?" Is that for real?
Yes, yes it is. It is the 909. Bangers need to hop on the 91 or 60, and get going already. Decent people can stay.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Orange County