Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Orange County
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-08-2014, 03:40 PM

5,381 posts, read 8,685,446 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamsifoes View Post
LuvSouthOC, you can't argue with pacific2. Pacific2 has a house listed in Aliso and is eager to sell that house.
I think will take the popcorn out at this point because this stuff is unreal. No, my home is not on the market. As a matter of fact, I have owned it for a long time and think I will just rent it out when I move away from this area.

You arrived your conclusion totally devoid of evidence? I should not be surprised.

Geez, why do I even waste my time?

Last edited by pacific2; 07-08-2014 at 04:20 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-08-2014, 03:43 PM

Soka says they are a mile from the beach. Frankly, I don't really care.

About Soka Overview - About Soka - Soka University of America
Soka University is a private, non-profit, four-year liberal arts college and graduate school located on 103-acres in south Orange County, California in the City of Aliso Viejo. SUA is just one mile from the beach (if you are a bird – seven miles driving) and located in the heart of Southern California’s abundance of cultural, educational, sporting and adventure opportunities.

Okay, so I'm not a bird. Big deal.

Last edited by pacific2; 07-08-2014 at 03:53 PM..

Old 07-10-2014, 09:38 AM

68 posts, read 192,000 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pacific2 View Post
According to this article, Aliso Viejo's Mello-Roos is set to expire in 2016, or two years early. Still, check for more up-to-date details as they become available.

Taxpayers in Aliso Viejo, Mission Viejo to Save up to $42 Mil - Schools - Aliso Viejo, CA Patch
The R4 Mello-Roos are set to expire but the homes around the golf course have R1 Mello-Roos as well and they are eye watering! The property at 34 Rincon Way you mentioned in another post has R1 Mello-Roos of $5,875.52/year plus the R4 of $897.67. Total taxes on that property for 2013 were $15,453.

Old 07-11-2014, 11:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Havnfun View Post
The R4 Mello-Roos are set to expire but the homes around the golf course have R1 Mello-Roos as well and they are eye watering! The property at 34 Rincon Way you mentioned in another post has R1 Mello-Roos of $5,875.52/year plus the R4 of $897.67. Total taxes on that property for 2013 were $15,453.
Very high, and that one I knew about, but obviously the people who bought there have the cash and knew what they are getting into. The Mello-Roos does expire and the situation is temporary.

That situation is also atypical for Aliso Viejo, even though some people cite the extremely high Glenwood MR as a reason for not buying in AV; assuming that all homes in this city have similar fees.

The reality is that some AV homes have Mello-Roos of $0.0 and others, of course, are higher. Again, Glenwood is a rare bird.

BTW, the Glenwod house is competitively priced since similar homes are listed at about $1,370,000 in Laguna Niguel. Buyers for the LN homes are permanently stuck with a jaw-dropping combination of both a much higher mortgage and much higher property taxes. They don't expire.

Last edited by pacific2; 07-11-2014 at 11:34 PM..

Old 07-12-2014, 11:15 AM

1,557 posts, read 3,305,223 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuvSouthOC View Post
It is hodge podge from the Sawdust for a long way down. The area has schools, ugly homes, art galleries, rental cars, auto repair shops, art schools, and soon... homeless shelters (since Laguna Beach finds this to be a nice place to place them although I only see multitudes of homeless people downtown).

From the source listed below discussing housing for homeless and mentally ill people:

COMMUNITY RESPONSE People at the meeting, many of whom live in Laguna Canyon, generally supported the idea of the housing complex but believe the proposed site to be problematic.

Laguna Canyon residents discuss proposed homeless housing development - The Orange County Register

I think the best place to place this homeless housing, which is without a doubt a lovely idea, is in Rancho Santa Margarita, better yet, the IE
You forgot to add a trailer park, day laborer center and a food pantry, this area is the lower working class hood of Laguna.

Old 04-09-2021, 03:54 AM

1 posts, read 717 times
That would be a hard no on Laguna Canyon. The low lying Laguna Canyon homes flood with any amt of rain, the noise and traffic are a nightmare. The roads are dangerous, with an average of 3-4 people killed a year just trying to pull out onto LC road. This does not include cyclist and pedestrian fatalities. There is an overcrowded homeless shelter and a addiction meeting center there. The drug culture is a prominent part of its history and a lot of residents who can’t seem to let go of those “good old days”. Run, don’t walk away!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Orange County