Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Orange County
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-10-2013, 03:05 PM

34 posts, read 124,528 times

Advertisements

Hi there,
I may be buying a house in Laguna Hills (capistrano highlands). The schools (Lomarena, La Paz, and Laguna Hills High) have great scores (9-9-9) on greatschools.org and the lots in the area are generally a bit larger than the average lot in South OC.

However I am having a hard time finding out much info about the area on this forum, probably due to its size. Is it family friendly? What makes a place like Mission Viejo or Rancho Santa Margarita notoriously family-friendly? How does Laguna Hills compare to those towns, apart from size?

Thanks!

Last edited by nouni7; 06-10-2013 at 03:16 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-10-2013, 03:15 PM

1,083 posts, read 2,173,982 times
It really doesn't differ much from MV or RSM in terms of family-friendliness. I was helping a family looking in Lake Forest earlier this year. Since the market was so tough, they opened up their options to RSM, MV, and LH. We ended up getting them into a great place in Lake Forest, but Laguna Hills is pretty much interchangeable with the other cities mentioned. The only differences would be size and some of the local amenities (lakes, shopping, etc).

Old 06-11-2013, 02:29 PM

389 posts, read 918,376 times
Laguna Hills is a nice little community - sort of tucked inbetween Mission Viejo and Aliso Viejo. I would not label it as large (certainly Mission Viejo is much larger), but I have been impressed that it has a community center and small skate park. I would consider it more family-friendly than single-friendly.

Old 06-14-2013, 12:06 AM

34 posts, read 124,528 times
Yes I have been impressed with their facilities and infrastructure (community center and nice parks throughout the city) Thank you both for you input!

Old 06-14-2013, 07:48 AM

9,893 posts, read 7,781,844 times
It doesn't matter if you live in Laguna Hills, Mission Viejo, Lake Forest or RSM, your children will go to school and be in activities with children from all those communities. No real difference between each city in regards to being family friendly. Probably the biggest difference would be the smaller neighborhoods within each of the cities - find one that you like.

Old 06-14-2013, 02:01 PM

1,962 posts, read 4,492,356 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nouni7 View Post
Hi there,
I may be buying a house in Laguna Hills (capistrano highlands). The schools (Lomarena, La Paz, and Laguna Hills High) have great scores (9-9-9) on greatschools.org and the lots in the area are generally a bit larger than the average lot in South OC.

However I am having a hard time finding out much info about the area on this forum, probably due to its size. Is it family friendly? What makes a place like Mission Viejo or Rancho Santa Margarita notoriously family-friendly? How does Laguna Hills compare to those towns, apart from size?

Thanks!
What's so notorious about being "family-friendly"? Unless, of course, you're not the kind of family those folks wish to be friendly with.

Old 06-16-2013, 08:14 AM

26,329 posts, read 93,855,594 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nouni7 View Post
What makes a place like Mission Viejo or Rancho Santa Margarita notoriously family-friendly? How does Laguna Hills compare to those towns, apart from size?
Laguna Hills is a lot closer to the freeways than RSM is. If in RSM you either have quite a schlep to the 5 OR you have the toll road. Coto is even worse - a lot worse.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Orange County