Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Orange County
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-05-2008, 10:45 PM

8,256 posts, read 17,341,528 times

Advertisements

Where and what is this?

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-05-2008, 10:50 PM

2,498 posts, read 11,436,543 times
^^^^
That photo is of the Balboa Bay Club and Resort in Newport Beach right on the harbor. Lido Island is across the water.

Old 05-05-2008, 10:52 PM

50 posts, read 165,916 times
Default Balboa Bay Club

It's not my photo but it looks like the new Balboa Bay Club on PCH in Newport Beach. They knocked down part of the old club and went upscale about 7 years ago.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jessemh431 View Post
Where and what is this?

Old 05-06-2008, 10:20 PM

16 posts, read 73,731 times
Correct, That is the Balboa Bay Club (Valet Circle) and yes that is PCH...Very Nice Hotel

If I remember correctly the Building i was in is the Hotel, and the other Building that you see across the way is for the Clubmembers? or a timeshare or something of the sort

Last edited by Jon_2007; 05-06-2008 at 10:30 PM..

Old 05-07-2008, 11:55 PM

300 posts, read 1,257,974 times
Newport Beach - looking south

waves at newport beach (not a big wave day- nearing high tide)

house in newport coast neighborhood

sunset clounds taken at newport

random pics of the "irvine spectrum" an outdoor shopping center in irvine- its pretty much an outdor mall with lots of restaurants and entertainment venues. i love this center b/c its inspired by islamic design- and its rare that you get to see things like keyhole arches and such!

a view from one of my clients back yards. taken from villa park (anaheim hills). this view looks out onto inland OC. you can see the usual haze. on one very, very clear day i saw downtown east LA (about 35 miles or so as the crow flies up the 5 freeway). it was crazy!

Old 05-10-2008, 08:14 PM

2 posts, read 13,727 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dakicka View Post
Hey everyone! I moved to Orange County from NJ 6 months ago. I absolutely love the beautiful weather out here and I think a good idea for this board would be for everyone who lives here to post some pictures of the area they live, have been, or like in Orange County for everyone to see. Please post some pictures and make a note of each location! I will start (I apologize as there are only a few pics that I took with my phone).

I couldn't figure out how to put the pictures directly in the post so the first one is the Newport Beach Country Club, second pic is a nice apartment community in Irvine, 3rd is a sunset taken along PCH in Huntington Beach, 4th pic is Laguna Beach.
Hi Am planning to move to Orange County from NJ. Can you help me this !!!
1. Which moving company you used ?
2. Which is the best place to live in , my work place is going to be in Irvine,CA.
3. I am ready to drive few miles. But I want to keep the rent as low as possible. Looking for 1BR appt.

Waiting for your quick replies.....

Old 05-10-2008, 11:36 PM

8,256 posts, read 17,341,528 times
Live in Irvine. You don't know what a tough commute is till you move out here. You want to live where you work. Irvine is an extremely nice area as well, but with surprisingly low rents in some areas for such a nice city.

Old 05-13-2008, 01:38 AM

1 posts, read 10,915 times
Default Newport Coast Villas @ Newport Coast Drive

Strange, I just came from the thread where everyone was either complaining about SoCal or had moved out of state and were telling everyone how much better life was outside of California. It had me half convinced to move out of California myself. Its very re-assuring to find this thread here where people actually like/miss living in Southern California.

Anyways, I always wondered what this place was like, so I ducked in there one day to take some pictures.

Time Shares @ Marriott Newport Coast Villas

Marriott Newport Coast Villas Strange Phallic Obselisk Fountain???

Drinking Fountain @ Marriott Newport Coast Villas

Last edited by epicview; 05-13-2008 at 01:55 AM..

Old 05-14-2008, 09:51 PM

10 posts, read 59,662 times
Default Relocating from ATL, GA

Hey everyone,
Those pics were great. I was just offered a job in Long Beach, CA, but I think I have fallen in love with Orange county! How long do you think this commute would be? I don't think traffic can be much worse than here in Atlanta.

Old 05-14-2008, 10:40 PM

11,715 posts, read 40,444,507 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAPeachnATL View Post
Hey everyone,
Those pics were great. I was just offered a job in Long Beach, CA, but I think I have fallen in love with Orange county! How long do you think this commute would be? I don't think traffic can be much worse than here in Atlanta.
Depending on where in Long Beach, where in Orange County, and time of day, anywhere from 5 to 90 minutes or more.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Orange County