Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Orange County
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-18-2012, 08:11 PM

11,715 posts, read 40,458,848 times

Advertisements

Here's one for a buck. (Plus $1718/mo HOA)

Laguna Woods condo selling for $1 | unit, flores, laguna - Business - The Orange County Register
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-18-2012, 08:45 PM

5,381 posts, read 8,691,467 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vocalsinger1 View Post
What is an average home owners association fee monthly?
Try Redfin.com and set the parameters for the type of home you may be seeking in Laguna Woods. Each listing includes HOA fees.

One reason why the fees in the OC Register story are are so high is that meals and housekeeping services are included. Apparently, that's not always the case in Laguna Woods, and some units may have much lower monthly charges.

Old 12-18-2012, 09:38 PM

3,438 posts, read 4,456,196 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles View Post
Laguna Woods seems extremely popular and I never hear or read anything bad about the place. It's in the heart of south Orange County and there are lots of amenities to which (I think) the community provides transportation. But I really don't know a thing about it.

What does your dad want to do? My mom still lives by herself at 89 and we put my dad in board and care when just before he turned 90.

Seniors file suit claiming fraud, abuse by property managers - OC Watchdog : The Orange County Register

Ex-Laguna Woods manager: Boss paid for tranvestite prostitute with PCM funds - OC Watchdog : The Orange County Register

Desperate HOA Directors - Your Are Out of Order! - YouTube

Do not Ask, PCM Won't Tell: The LWV Accounting System - One for the Tax Man... - YouTube

Old 12-19-2012, 07:27 AM

13 posts, read 61,796 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vocalsinger1 View Post
What is an average home owners association fee monthly?
Laguna Woods Village is about $600 next year. Includes a lot not included in your average HOA.

Old 06-08-2014, 04:18 PM

2 posts, read 2,964 times
Homeowners fees vary greatly. Here in Laguna Woods(Orange Ca.) it is $600 per month. This Over 55 city includes many amenities: gated community; swimming pools, tennis and other game courts;art studios; two gyms; security services; beautiful landscaping; cable television; and more.

Old 07-05-2015, 12:39 PM

1 posts, read 1,357 times
I am looking for a unit for my dad and I am interested in Liesure World in Seal Beach, but have read about asset minimums. Would I be able to buy the unit for my dad? or does he have to be the owner?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Orange County