Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nebraska > Omaha
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-29-2009, 08:50 PM

36 posts, read 102,426 times

Advertisements

Hello everyone,

My wife and I have posted in the Nebraska form quite often the last year or so. We originally had planned on moving to the Omaha area from Salt Lake City. But we actually relocated to Lincoln in Feb 09.

We chose Lincoln because I was offered a good job here and jumped on the opportunity due to the wonderful economy. Lincoln is nice but there is just something missing for me here. My wife loves it.

As a family we decided we are going to remain in Nebraska (we love the state). But I convinced my wife to at least check out Bellevue.

We did and we loved it! My wife actually loved Bellevue more than Lincoln. There is something about it that I really liked as well. The hills and trees are gorgeous.

Sorry for the long post, but I'm asking all the Bellevue residents to give me the pros and cons. I noticed the cost of living is even cheaper then Lincoln housing market wise. Appreciate it guys,
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-29-2009, 09:06 PM

3,340 posts, read 9,686,836 times
Don't worry, your post is not at all long, its actually pretty short.

Bellevue has a military culture due to the presence of Offutt Air force base which gives it an diverse culture, and it has many older homes due to it being Nebraska's oldest city and it has great schools too.

The only con I can think of is you have to drive to Omaha or Papillion to do some major shopping.

Old 09-01-2009, 11:04 PM

9 posts, read 21,306 times
I agree with the shopping and schools. Bellevue is a safe community, so much so that the cops will find literally any reason imaginable to pull you over (courtesy stops during the last month on your tags to "remind" you to renew them?). It's close enough to Omaha and Papillion to have many things to do all year, besides the many Bellevue activities. There are many great neighborhoods with charming homes, in most price ranges. Neighbors change frequently due to military transfers. I suppose some of these things could be seen as pros or cons, depending on your perspective!

Old 09-05-2009, 01:06 PM

78 posts, read 222,862 times
Dallas Joseph!

I LOVE Bellevue.... We own a house there currently but are not living there at this time we are renting it out... BUM-MER! The military took us to a new duty station the beginning of this year....I liked everything about Bellevue.. The schools are great.. it is a smaller community and you have Omaha RIGHT there as well for larger city things to do...It is very safe and I always found the people to be friendly...

GOOD LUCK!

Someday maybe we will go back to Bellevue....It would be great if we were able to...

Old 09-05-2009, 02:12 PM

1 posts, read 2,717 times
[FONT=Verdana]Military keeps the city dynamics changing. There are a few signs of retail blight as Fort Crook Road's importance has diminished over the years. The housing market is very diverse. Everything from $50,000 to $500,000 can be found within miles of each other. Sometimes even blocks. [/FONT]
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nebraska > Omaha