Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nebraska > Omaha
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-03-2008, 09:57 AM

23 posts, read 71,653 times

Advertisements

My father moved us here in 1956. We are thinking about staying. My brothers and sisters graduated from the best school system in Nebraska (Bellevue Public Schools). Three of my sons have graduated and I have a junior at East. But, in the past 10 years, the Bellevue City Council has brought the worst accounting scandal in our history. More than $30,000,000 has been misspent. I will provide details if you contact me at cgm707@cox.net. Thankfully, at my request, the Nebraska State Auditor is reviewing the situation. Some people need to go to jail and the city council needs to be fired. Good thing the voters did that in November, 2006. The other good news is that I helped the former City Attorney to resign his position. Now, if we can just get back the million his firm overcharged us.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-03-2008, 02:52 PM

2,589 posts, read 10,558,418 times
It is going to be interesting to watch the balance of the experiment the citizens of Bellevue started - the one where they fired the whole city council and force its restructure. This was a true citizens movement - will be interesting to see how many of those citizen leaders now stand up to put their name on the ballot for the newly structured city council.

The results of the expirement won't be evident until 2009 since none of them will take office until December 2008 following the November election.

Old 02-08-2008, 02:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave1215 View Post
It is going to be interesting to watch the balance of the experiment the citizens of Bellevue started - the one where they fired the whole city council and force its restructure. This was a true citizens movement - will be interesting to see how many of those citizen leaders now stand up to put their name on the ballot for the newly structured city council.

The results of the expirement won't be evident until 2009 since none of them will take office until December 2008 following the November election.
I don't live in Bellevue but will be interesting to watch... just saw that two of the newly drawn districts each have two incumbants plus one newcomer. So two districts have 3 people running for 1 seat where 2 of the 3 are current incumbants. Very interesting to see how that campaigning works (and their relationships on the council for the 10 months they continue to work together).

new District 2: Sanborn vs Brown (with a Gunny" Van Vynck also in the ring).
new District 3: Cascio vs Dr Hatcher (with a Mike Olsovsky also in the race).

Old 02-12-2008, 02:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave1215 View Post
I don't live in Bellevue but will be interesting to watch... just saw that two of the newly drawn districts each have two incumbants plus one newcomer. So two districts have 3 people running for 1 seat where 2 of the 3 are current incumbants. Very interesting to see how that campaigning works (and their relationships on the council for the 10 months they continue to work together).

new District 2: Sanborn vs Brown (with a Gunny" Van Vynck also in the ring).
new District 3: Cascio vs Dr Hatcher (with a Mike Olsovsky also in the race).
and just saw
new District 4: Erickson vs Ott (with no new person yet)
new District 5: Wees vs Mixan (with no new person yet)
at Large: no incumbants (no suprise, why move from a district to a city wide race)

So you now almost have every person on the council running against another person on the council for that one incumbant seat in the newly drawn district. this will be fun to watch.

Old 12-08-2008, 11:58 PM

2 posts, read 5,514 times
I have an autistic child in the Lincoln Public School system. The school has been very difficult to work with and have done much to contribute problems and no solutions. I am looking for a highly respected school who cares about the special needs kids. Is Bellevue the answer? (Elementary level) Help.Michelle

Old 12-09-2008, 09:21 AM

I don't know Bellevue's schools too well, but I do know Papillion/LaVista schools seem to have a very strong support for special needs children.

Old 12-09-2008, 02:55 PM

3,340 posts, read 9,691,424 times
So does Millards, Beadle Middle School I think has a program specifically designed for the Special Needs, but I don't know much on elementary schools.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nebraska > Omaha