Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nebraska > Omaha
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-04-2011, 03:02 PM

906 posts, read 1,813,671 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bosco55David View Post
Midtown runs from 24th St on the east to Saddle Creek Road on the West and from Cuming St on the North to Center St on the South. Downtown runs from 20th to the River and Leavenworth to Cuming. You also have the Park East neighborhood between Midtown and Downtown.
The area between 24th and 30th might have been thriving when you were 15, but now it's a dead zone. Midtown is between 30th St. on the east to Saddle Creek Road on the West.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-04-2011, 05:50 PM

14,571 posts, read 23,116,405 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MountainMen View Post
The area between 24th and 30th might have been thriving when you were 15, but now it's a dead zone. Midtown is between 30th St. on the east to Saddle Creek Road on the West.
I'm getting pretty goddamn sick of having to call you out on every piece of bull**** you post, and yet here it is again. First off, I don't know why the hell you brought up the area between 24th and 30th as I never made any mention of it except when discussing the boundaries. Calling it a dead area is insane as well considering you have a very large employer (Physician's Mutual) on one side and the freeway interchange on the other.

Secondly, you seriously need to **** about these boundaries and leave that to people who actually know what they are talking about. Midtown's boundaries are exactly what I said they were as confirmed by Destination Midtown.

Boundaries - Destination Midtown

Old 04-04-2011, 06:13 PM

12 posts, read 17,851 times
now now....settle down fellas. This is still MY post...this is all about ME!! j/k. Anyone know anything about the Urban Village Developments? Thoughts? How about condo/ loft rental downtown/midtown. I've heard a lot of negative things regarding many of the "nice" lofts/ condos in the midtown area - actually not the lofts themselves -they sound & look nice - more so the people who inhabit them and their love for getting wasted, loud, and barfing on things. While I'm certainly no one to judge - I've also puked in MANY inappropriate places loudly, while wasted - I'm kind of over that part of my life. I also don't have the party stamina I once had and don't do well with LOUD NOISES (Anchor Man) at all hours of the night - I like (love) sleep. Any Suggestions? I Love Lamp.

Old 04-04-2011, 08:25 PM

65 posts, read 123,761 times
There are people out at night in the Old Market and it can be loud on the weekends. Midtown is generally pretty quiet. I live in Midtown and have never been bothered by noise. I think the claims of it being a loud area are coming people who move to Omaha from small towns or who are used to suburban environments. Yes, it is louder than the 'burbs, but it is certainly nothing like Lincoln Park in Chicago. If you are used to city life, you wont be bothered in either area. I have heard very good things about Urban Village.

Old 04-04-2011, 10:47 PM

906 posts, read 1,813,671 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bosco55David View Post
I'm getting pretty goddamn sick of having to call you out on every piece of bull**** you post]
I'm pretty sure I was calling you out, not the other way around.

Old 04-04-2011, 11:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MountainMen View Post
I'm pretty sure I was calling you out, not the other way around.
Yes, and you called out my factually correct information with bull**** and I promptly punked you on it. I take back my earlier post, I hope you never quit posting here.

Old 04-23-2011, 11:46 AM

2 posts, read 5,103 times
Hi. Just wondering if you found a place yet. We have our house we used to live in, great neighborhood right in Midtown, $1200 a month on a corner lot with 3 BR and 1.5 bath, plus 2-car garage!

Let me know if looking and if you want more details. Available June 1.

Old 04-25-2011, 07:36 PM

737 posts, read 1,920,357 times
Jcku1981,
As you stated in your original post "warnings".......
Let me warn you about a few things in Omaha. Folks on here paint a picture of the downtown area and mid-town as this utopian island in the city NOT.
Mid town is crime riddled around the outskirt neighbor that over flow into midtown. What ever you do make sure you rent place that have a garage.
Downtown is full if drunks and hippies when the sun goes down, it is a good place to visit, but I would not want to live there.
The old market is fun for about the first hour if you have never been there before. After that well it's old brick fire trap buildings that have been converted to new trendy joints that are in business for about 3 weeks.

South Omaha is OK, but still it smells like a diaper filled with Indian food from all the rendering plants in the summer.

North Omaha is North Omaha, murder capital of the state.... NUff said.

It's best to find a place out in west O, west O is where it is at. You get more bang for your mortage buck. That is where the pants party is at.

Omaha is considered a 20 minute town you are 20 minutes from anywhere in any direction, heck you are 5 minutes from Dowwntown to a cornfield. How cool is that?

Bad man punt Baxter!!!!!

Old 04-25-2011, 08:41 PM

482 posts, read 1,333,872 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Happygolucky View Post
Jcku1981,
As you stated in your original post "warnings".......
Let me warn you about a few things in Omaha. Folks on here paint a picture of the downtown area and mid-town as this utopian island in the city NOT.
Mid town is crime riddled around the outskirt neighbor that over flow into midtown. What ever you do make sure you rent place that have a garage.
Downtown is full if drunks and hippies when the sun goes down, it is a good place to visit, but I would not want to live there.
The old market is fun for about the first hour if you have never been there before. After that well it's old brick fire trap buildings that have been converted to new trendy joints that are in business for about 3 weeks.

South Omaha is OK, but still it smells like a diaper filled with Indian food from all the rendering plants in the summer.

North Omaha is North Omaha, murder capital of the state.... NUff said.

It's best to find a place out in west O, west O is where it is at. You get more bang for your mortage buck. That is where the pants party is at.

Omaha is considered a 20 minute town you are 20 minutes from anywhere in any direction, heck you are 5 minutes from Dowwntown to a cornfield. How cool is that?

Bad man punt Baxter!!!!!
Part of me wishes I were drunk at eight thirty at night. Cool post.

Old 04-25-2011, 09:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by laserdisque View Post
Part of me wishes I were drunk at eight thirty at night. Cool post.
If you took a shot for every wrong point he makes in a post, you wouldn't make it through lunch.

Just saying.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nebraska > Omaha