Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-15-2009, 04:15 PM

34,334 posts, read 20,614,176 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by colleeng47 View Post
I was there. Lots of speeches, flag and sign waving and "we're not gonna take it anymore" chants.

I was there because I agreed -- our children and grandchildren will be paying for this debacle.
Cool! I heard about 5K people showed up at the capitol building.

Good for you, Colleen. I forgot you almost have a front row seat there from your work.

This govt.'s wasteful spending has been going on for ages. Even in the 1860's monies that were allocated to Native People's found it's way into the coffers of "friends" of the government agents who were "contractors" with outrageous billing.

I don't see the neccesity for playing the blame game. And there have been plenty of watch groups airing out the overspending of our Government. But the spending never seems to stop. Why?

They need to send those upper echelon CEO's who ran their companies into the ground to the unemployment line without severance pay IMO. Give them each one dollar as a bailout and tell them to not spend it all in one place!

I have some opinions on the banks and the auto companies getting bailed out, but it's all been said before, so I will just say, let them rot in hades the next time they run their companies into the ground.

Other companies will spring up to take their place.

To the Bastille!

Old 04-15-2009, 04:53 PM

7,685 posts, read 13,189,452 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeatherDawn View Post
Anyone participating?

Fresh Tea Daily » Oklahoma
No thanks on the (Tea Party thingies), I see what those little ole ladies wear and those goofy big brimmed red hats, all gussied up and all . you ain't gonna get me at one of those things, I'm a coffee drinker, well maybe a Moolatte' at best .

Old 04-15-2009, 04:54 PM

3,724 posts, read 9,353,759 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by _redbird_ View Post
Cool! I heard about 5K people showed up at the capitol building.

Good for you, Colleen. I forgot you almost have a front row seat there from your work.

This govt.'s wasteful spending has been going on for ages. Even in the 1860's monies that were allocated to Native People's found it's way into the coffers of "friends" of the government agents who were "contractors" with outrageous billing.

I don't see the neccesity for playing the blame game. And there have been plenty of watch groups airing out the overspending of our Government. But the spending never seems to stop. Why?

They need to send those upper echelon CEO's who ran their companies into the ground to the unemployment line without severance pay IMO. Give them each one dollar as a bailout and tell them to not spend it all in one place!

I have some opinions on the banks and the auto companies getting bailed out, but it's all been said before, so I will just say, let them rot in hades the next time they run their companies into the ground.

Other companies will spring up to take their place.

To the Bastille!
You gonna bake that cake for them?

Old 04-15-2009, 04:57 PM

3,724 posts, read 9,353,759 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodpasture View Post
Now explain to me the reason for the protest.
It's better than a riot???

Last edited by LadyRobyn; 04-15-2009 at 05:39 PM.. Reason: Keeping Kari Happy...

Old 04-15-2009, 05:29 PM

2,918 posts, read 6,848,593 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodpasture View Post
I guess I've been chastised, haven't I? Sorry to have injected a response to your thread....it won't happen again.
Actually we don't need more than one thread on the subject. Oddly enough with message boards people DO tend to post their opinions...and I see nothing "off topic" about your post at all.

The subject is Tax Day Tea Party.

Carry on...

Old 04-15-2009, 06:39 PM

30,976 posts, read 21,755,718 times
Does not taking in any more mean to resolve not going to the polls any more to vote yes to fund the lastest MAPS project in OKC? If people feel they are overtaxed why do the majority keep doing this?

Old 04-15-2009, 06:41 PM

7,685 posts, read 13,189,452 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyRobyn View Post
Actually we don't need more than one thread on the subject. Oddly enough with message boards people DO tend to post their opinions...and I see nothing "off topic" about your post at all.

The subject is Tax Day Tea Party.

Carry on...
Paaaarrrtay! Weres the party? Is it a black tie affiar?

Old 04-15-2009, 07:00 PM

34,334 posts, read 20,614,176 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StillwaterTownie View Post
Does not taking in any more mean to resolve not going to the polls any more to vote yes to fund the lastest MAPS project in OKC? If people feel they are overtaxed why do the majority keep doing this?
Regarding the concept of TEA "taxed enough already", exactly how much is "too much"? You can't have city, county, state, or federal services without taxes. So how much is too much tax?

I like what the guy said at OKC, “We must remind them who put them in power in the first place,” he said. “Vote them out of office when they don’t do our bidding.” “Vote them out,” the crowd chanted.http://newsok.com/thousands-rally-at...ad_story_title

I thought Oklahoma was as conservative as they come, so who exactly are "they", that is going to be voted out?

Old 04-15-2009, 07:14 PM

13,387 posts, read 19,499,717 times
They had a tea party here in Duncan today. On I-81 close to Walmart.

Old 04-15-2009, 08:09 PM

2,557 posts, read 5,879,041 times
Tulsa TEA Parties

NewsOn6.com - Tulsa, OK - News, Weather, Video and Sports - KOTV.com | Video Page 2009

Tulsa Tea Party Draws Estimated 3,000 - KRMG Local News on krmg.com (http://krmg.com/localnews/2009/04/tulsa-tea-party-draws-estimate.html - broken link)

Tulsans protests taxes with Tea Party | KJRH.com
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma