Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-13-2008, 01:50 PM

219 posts, read 790,167 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyRobyn View Post
I have sent you a Message with housing prices for the area.

We chose Duncan for several reasons, the biggest one being that my Father lives here. Also we came without jobs and wanted a slightly larger town with more options available. Houses seem to be less expensive here too. (as you will see)
Viewing them now. You're awsome! Thanks.

What about hospitals? How many? Were in the medical field.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-13-2008, 01:52 PM

Also, if we rent what is the rental fees for 1400sq on up? Just curious if we should rent before buy to check things out?

Old 07-13-2008, 02:07 PM

2,919 posts, read 6,835,750 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRvortec View Post
Viewing them now. You're awsome! Thanks.

What about hospitals? How many? Were in the medical field.
Duncan Regional Hospital Serves the Duncan, Marlow, and other small towns around here.

If you want to live in Duncan and commute to Lawton (30 min easy drive) as some people do, you have:

Comanche Memorial Hospital (http://www.memorialhealthsource.com/body.cfm?id=6&oTopID=6 - broken link)

and the smaller Southwestern Medical Center

Somewhere in my collection of pics I have a couple of the Hospital and the Rehab facilities directly across the street... I just have to remember where I left them.

Old 07-13-2008, 02:26 PM

2,919 posts, read 6,835,750 times
The majority of the rental homes are going to be older homes on the south side, but you CAN find some on the north side that are newer.

Over in the area of the hospital (west side of town) you would probably be paying around 600-800 a month. And for a newer place further north 700-900 a month. (Not the ones in my pictures. ) The Real Estate Agents in town usually have more rental listings than the local newspaper.

Old 07-13-2008, 03:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyRobyn View Post
Duncan Regional Hospital Serves the Duncan, Marlow, and other small towns around here.

If you want to live in Duncan and commute to Lawton (30 min easy drive) as some people do, you have:

Comanche Memorial Hospital (http://www.memorialhealthsource.com/body.cfm?id=6&oTopID=6 - broken link)

and the smaller Southwestern Medical Center

Somewhere in my collection of pics I have a couple of the Hospital and the Rehab facilities directly across the street... I just have to remember where I left them.
Sounds good! I would love to see them. Also, what is the pay for a LPN (LVN) or RRT (CRT) there?

Old 07-13-2008, 04:10 PM

Marlow an older town compared to Duncan? How far apart?

Old 07-13-2008, 04:21 PM

11,887 posts, read 36,952,698 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by karibear View Post
I like my small town, Holdenville, about 3,500 people. Most things are within walking distance, and if you can drive [I can't] there's a lot more available, either in Seminole or further north, Tulsa. Lots of trees, rolling hills, a lake nearby, friendly people. There are a lot of pictures of it in this forum - do a search for almost any town that interests you, and you'll most likely find at least a few pictures.

Holdenville is a very nice town, and it's pretty around there.

Old 07-13-2008, 04:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Synopsis View Post
Holdenville is a very nice town, and it's pretty around there.
Crime and health look good there on Spirlings. How far to Tulsa for jobs though?

Old 07-13-2008, 04:37 PM

3,724 posts, read 9,333,792 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRvortec View Post
Crime and health look good there on Spirlings. How far to Tulsa for jobs though?
Holdenville has a good hospital and a whole slew of private practices. Tulsa is maybe an hour or so away, depending on how fast you drive and what part of Tulsa you're going to. Or consider state jobs - someone has the link to the OK Job site. There's usually a turn-over in state/tribal medical staff, and they always seem to need more, at least in every state I've been in.

Old 07-13-2008, 04:55 PM

So, tornados or floods or? In those areas listed?

Also, movie theaters? Any? If I have to drive for a dinner and a movie w/my bride. How far?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma