Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-13-2008, 10:32 AM

22 posts, read 70,056 times

Advertisements

Hi! I'm new to the forum but I've been browsing around and I'm impressed with how friendly and helpful everyone is here. My husband and I recently moved to Rush Springs---where I grew up---and are looking for a church. We're willing to drive a reasonable distance if we can find somewhere we feel comfortable. We were both raised Baptist but as adults have been most comfortable in non-denominational churches. We have two small children and I'd really like somewhere family friendly. We like to do things together and would prefer a church with activities where we're all welcome. We hope to find a church where the people would feel comfortable with us keeping our almost three year old and our four year old with us during the service. Is that possible? They're really pretty good for their ages but my two year old does "sing" rather loudly during the song service and make quieter noises during the sermon. We're really hoping for a church where the people really care about one another and try to make a difference for good in the community. Does anyone have any suggestions for us? We'd be willing to drive to Norman or OKC if we couldn't find somewhere closer. Thanks in advance!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-13-2008, 12:44 PM

3,160 posts, read 10,621,625 times
Hi, Jadeswan, and welcome to the forum.

Thanks for posting, and as you know, many people are moving to the area soon and have lots of questions. I am glad to see another SW OK person posting.

I don't live in your area, but I have heard good things about Life Church. They have several locations in the state.

Old 04-13-2008, 07:41 PM

13,387 posts, read 19,432,243 times
Churches in Duncan:
Church List for Duncan, Oklahoma

Old 04-14-2008, 07:00 AM

22 posts, read 70,056 times
Thank you for the welcome, PeggyDavis. I'll look into Life Church. As well as growing up around here, my husband was stationed at Fort Sill and I lived in Lawton for a few months while he was deployed to Iraq so hopefully I can be of some help to people coming into the area.

Thank you, mkfarnam, for the Duncan church list.

Old 04-14-2008, 07:15 AM

13,387 posts, read 19,432,243 times
http://bestsmileys.com/welcome/9.gif (broken link) To the OKLAHOMA forum.

Lawton Oklahoma church & Christian school directory at USA Church
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma