Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-05-2008, 06:21 PM

34,254 posts, read 20,563,186 times

Advertisements

Hate to hog the Mr. Microphone here, but have to share this link.

I borrowed it from our neighbors to the northeast. It's both funny and sad.

Missouri Trailer Trash

Old 07-05-2008, 08:48 PM

3,724 posts, read 9,335,191 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by redbird4848 View Post
Hate to hog the Mr. Microphone here, but have to share this link.

I borrowed it from our neighbors to the northeast. It's both funny and sad.

Missouri Trailer Trash
The saddest thing is the attitude of the person who wrote the captions. True, a lot of the places are seriously trashed, but so are a lot of houses. Those mis-matched singlewides put side be side are referred to everywhere I've been are 'redneck doublewides' and they are in most states, not just Missouri or Arkansas or Alabama. When I was a kid in MO, a lot of the really rural places weren't big enough to hold more than a kitchen and a bedroom, so washing machines went on the front porch. Also, when they were on the front porch, it was partly to brag to their neighbors that, yes, they did have such and so. I've seen houses literally built around small trailers as the family outgrew them - one addition led to another, and another, until there was a two story house that gave every appearance of having been built that way, while the original trailer was inside acting as the kitchen and utility room.

As for moving the trailers, I found a lot of them for sale with land in OK when I first started looking. The very first mortgage company I talked to said no way would they finance a trailer. I asked if it was because of potential tornado damage, and the guy said no, too often when people defaulted on loans and the mortgage companies tried to repo them, they'd get to where it was supposed to be, and it would be gone. No way to trace it. The company I finally went with said they did upon occasion finance mobil homes, but only doublewides, and only after it had been personally inspected by someone from their office.

Old 07-06-2008, 08:16 AM

2,825 posts, read 7,553,135 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FutureCntryBumpkin View Post
Thanks GP and Schousse. I was just browsing online and it looks like the SS area had blossomed since I left. I also flew over on Google and it looked like a large new subdivision a little N and E of SS. I thought the prices looked higher than when I was there - substantially - but that is just on the site I hit and I don't even remember what it was. I know there is a lot there WHEN you are THERE to scope it out that would never hit online.
Tell us what you are looking for and we'll monitor MLS for you. We belong to both the Tulsa MSA and OKC MSA MLS

Old 07-06-2008, 08:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Synopsis View Post
Naw, nothing to get over.. ;
I knew that, hence my reaction

Old 07-06-2008, 10:50 AM

215 posts, read 525,764 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Schousse View Post
Tell us what you are looking for and we'll monitor MLS for you. We belong to both the Tulsa MSA and OKC MSA MLS
No hurry Schousse, but I'll keep it in mind. I have been watching your helpful attitude with primarily CG. You guys are great. Just for a sample of what floats my boat on TulsaRealtors.com MLS #817742 there is just what I dig. Acreage and cool lookin' old farmhouse. From the pics it looks like some work has been done. When I was in Tulsa in the 90's I remember when the Canadian went berserk and I went to Keystone Dam and took pics of them letting water out. The river in Tulsa looked great, but unless you are there to scope it out you don't know where property might be sitting in relation to the "rushing rivers" etc. That is why I had thought of renting for the beginning. Might even rent forever, but if I had my druthers, that kind of place would be it. Who knows what is right across the driveway though, huh?

Old 07-06-2008, 10:58 AM

That is very cute. And just a few miles from us. Please feel free to PM me with anthing else we may be able to look up for you.

Old 07-06-2008, 11:06 AM

7,525 posts, read 17,004,671 times
Frankly it looks like a pretty decent place. It isn't that far from us, and it is quite a bit closer to town. But for a small house on 10 acres, the price is pretty good. If you are serious about it, we could go look at it for you. I am pretty sure I can get inside.........

Old 07-06-2008, 12:02 PM

Thanks GP/Schousse, but it's not to the point of "gettin' it on" yet. Still in the fantasy stages. I know what you mean GP. I've gotten into a few of them myself when I was lookin'. If I see nothing through a window, watch out. That was just an idea of what I really dig. Even the four-square of that particular one is cool. Then I get there and see the river right behind the trees, right?

Old 07-06-2008, 01:11 PM

7,525 posts, read 17,004,671 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FutureCntryBumpkin View Post
Thanks GP/Schousse, but it's not to the point of "gettin' it on" yet. Still in the fantasy stages. I know what you mean GP. I've gotten into a few of them myself when I was lookin'. If I see nothing through a window, watch out. That was just an idea of what I really dig. Even the four-square of that particular one is cool. Then I get there and see the river right behind the trees, right?
LOL.....I'm a Realtor. I have access to listed houses.

Old 07-06-2008, 01:17 PM

GP: Yeah I know, was just funnin' ya. Usually a nosy neighbor caught me anyway, but like OK is they usually wound up boosting me up, then I'd let them in the door and we'd look together....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma