Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-11-2008, 05:27 PM

13,387 posts, read 19,457,199 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by redbird4848 View Post
Did anyone catch Carrie Underwood on the boob tube? Some awards show. Or is that tonight?

Country Music Awards May 18th.......Hosted by Reba McEntire
CMT.com : Carrie Underwood : Artist Main

Her Latest Music video CMT : Videos : Carrie Underwood : Last Name

Last edited by mkfarnam; 05-11-2008 at 05:37 PM..

Old 05-11-2008, 06:49 PM

34,254 posts, read 20,566,438 times
Thank you Sir! Appreciate it.

Old 05-11-2008, 07:26 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Thank you Sir
! Appreciate it.
Don't rub it in....Punk!

Old 05-11-2008, 08:47 PM

5,816 posts, read 15,936,932 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cali_Okie_Girl View Post
hehe ok i know some mean people but im not mean to them because im sinking down to there level and thats a NO NO
Cali_Okie, there's some real maturity in this statement. You're all right, kid. (How's Holden Caulfield doing today?)

Old 05-11-2008, 08:53 PM

5,816 posts, read 15,936,932 times
Quote:
Ogre's are not meanies. But they do make their own bubblebaths when taking a bath.

Ogre, I didn't know you were an english major. Them's fine folks! What school did you finally settle on getting your ejumicashun at?

Weren't you looking to get your Master's, or something? I can't remember. Another weekend is upon us. My economic stimulus check is burning a hole in my pocket. So we are off to the big town (OKC) again.
Yes, ogres make their own bubble baths. Ogres are self-sufficient. They need those bubble baths too, because even though ogres aren't meanies, sometimes they get cranky, and the bubble bath has a much-needed soothing effect.

RB, the edjumicashun is still in the works. I returned to college for a second bachelor's degree in English, so I'd be qualified for grad school in the field. I'm getting close to finishing that second degree, but am not quite done yet. The early research into grad schools is the reason I have threads asking about Norman and Stillwater. Both of OK's big universities are possibilities for grad school, and I'm trying to learn details about towns where schools I'm considering are located, to make sure it would be workable to live there. Thanks for the compliment that English majors are "fine folks." I agree.

Old 05-11-2008, 10:13 PM

My boss is an english major. And she has a big red pen to prove it.

All our reports are scrutinized beyond belief. How anyone can get that much satisfaction going over reports with a fine-toothed comb is beyond me. Then she "bleeds" all over our reports. Meaning she circles, checks, and slashes away with her red pen!

Grad school is a lot more fun than undergrad. For one thing, people are there to get an education and not party. I took a few grad courses at ECU in Ada in psychology.

Cali, being mean is not simply saying mean things, or treating people with contempt. There are other ways of being mean that people often refuse to acknowledge about themselves.

Sometimes making sacrifices for one's loved ones is the best way to show love. Mother's do it all the time.

Old 05-12-2008, 12:16 PM

708 posts, read 690,408 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ogre View Post
Cali_Okie, there's some real maturity in this statement. You're all right, kid. (How's Holden Caulfield doing today?)
Holden is ok but left his home..him and Strateford get in a fight about Jane..hmm those girls just keeping causing trouble

very true redbird and im suprised that i didnt acknowledge it..i was teased alot in middle school...i got my yearbook vanidilazed with AWFUL!! MEAN!! BAD LANGUAGE! in it. i got soup poured in my backback....i was written about on the bathroom walls..i was beaten up a few times..i was called bad names n stuff...i hated middle school!

Old 05-12-2008, 12:46 PM

Yes, my high school in Los Angeles was one big head trip. There were so many cliques.

We had the sociables (the popular ones, jocks and cheer)
The stoners
the nobody's (people with no friends who did not socialize)
vato locos
surfers

Girls can get downright vicious. While guys will usually duke it out and get over it.

I hope things get better for you in the future, or you will most likely home school later on as your "condition" dictates.

Old 05-12-2008, 12:51 PM

708 posts, read 690,408 times
Quote:
Yes, my high school in Los Angeles was one big head trip. There were so many cliques.

We had the sociables (the popular ones, jocks and cheer)
The stoners
the nobody's (people with no friends who did not socialize)
vato locos
surfers

Girls can get downright vicious. While guys will usually duke it out and get over it.

I hope things get better for you in the future, or you will most likely home school later on as your "condition" dictates.
GIRLS R MEAN!!!!!

Old 05-12-2008, 01:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cali_Okie_Girl View Post
GIRLS R MEAN!!!!!
Yes...they can be

http://bestsmileys.com/funny/9.gif (broken link)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma